Schools Equestrian Games
“Showcasing tomorrow’s equestrian talent”
We pride ourselves of well organised events with clear communication in a friendly and enjoyable atmosphere, providing a platform for all school children to compete in equestrian sport at all levels of competition.
Any Schools Equestrian Games event is open to any child attending school with consent from the head teacher to represent the school at competitions (children home schooled can compete).
‘SEG Registration Form’- this form is required to be completed online the first time your school is represented at an SEG competition before close of entries for the competition.
Only ONE form is required per school- a list of registered schools is available here if you are unsure whether your are registered.
(A new form is not required unless the head of your school changes).
SEG Eventing Championships
The SEG Eventing Championships gives children the opportunity to compete for their schools and qualify for the Schools Equestrian Games Eventing Championships.
This is a prestigious series and is the recognised Eventing Championships for all schools, we welcome international schools to compete as well.
How to Qualify
- Top 8 qualify in each SEG section at qualifying competitions
If qualified for unaffiliated Eventing Championships can transfer to compete in SEG if you wish.
- Throughout the season the competitions are individual qualifiers
– Teams will then be made at the championships if a schools has enough members from their school who have qualified individually to make up a team. (minimum of 3 in a team)
- Teams- Maximum of 2 teams per school per height at the championships.
- Qualification is passed down the line in the event that those placed have previously qualified.
- The same horse and rider combination qualify- no substitutions can be made.
- Each competitor rides for the school they currently attend – school leavers (17/18 years) ride for their previous school.
Championship criteria for all qualifiers
In the event of qualifying for two heights the combination must compete at the championship at the highest height they qualified for.
No horse or rider substitutions at the championships
For Unaffiliated Amateur riders that have qualified and are riding a young horse or at School age the rider can decide which championship class they would like to be entered into. If choosing the Schools Equestrian Games section.
In the event of Qualifying for multiple championship classes you will need to decide which championships you compete in. (Amateur, Young horse or SEG)