Woodland Hunt Pony Club Open Showjumping Competition
Woodland Hunt Pony Club Open Showjumping Competition
Welcome to the Woodland Hunt Pony Club Open Showjumping Competition 2020 which includes the Pony Club Spring Festival Debut and Challenge preliminary rounds.
Including Preliminary Round of the Pony Club Spring Festival Debut and Pony Club Challenge Classes
We are hugely grateful to all the companies and individuals who kindly sponsor the classes. Without our sponsors A. Johnson Home Developments, Karn Herbert Farriers, the Radford-Jones Family, Chiltern Rug Wash, Berkshire Equine, Posy Knapp and Laws Floors Ltd our show could not take place.
PARAMEDICS IN ATTENDANCE
VETERINARY SURGEON ON SITE
Course designer: Mike Benfield
The following classes are available for the Woodland Hunt Pony Club Open Showjumping Competition
Entries & Entry Fees
Entries can be made online only at www.horse-events.co.uk.
Pony Club Spring Festival £15
Open Classes £14
All entries are subject to a non refundable booking fee of £1.35
A COMPULSORY £5 PARAMEDIC COVER WILL BE APPLIED TO EVERY COMPETITOR
Entries Closing and Withdrawals
The deadline for entries is Tuesday 27th October and spaces are strictly limited.
No entries on the day.
No horse or rider changes after the closing date.
No refunds after the closing date without a valid vet or doctor’s certificate.
Times , Course Walk & Numbers
NUMBERS AND TIMINGS
All classes will run to a strict drawn order of allocated times. Failure to present at the correct time will result in elimination. Times will be posted on woodlandhunt.org on Thursday 29th October 2020.
Please print your number at home and wear in a bib or pinned to your jacket on the day. Please avoid bridle numbers that may not be visible from the judge’s box.
There will be a course walk half way through classes 3-5.
We will also be allowing limited numbers of spectators in the downstairs viewing area.
Prizes & Rosettes
RESULTS AND ROSETTES
- Rosettes to 8th
- There will be no formal prize giving. Results will be published online and rosettes will be posted.
A horsemanship rosette will be awarded in each class, sponsored and judged by Posy Knapp BHSI Equestrian Coaching.
On the Day
- Social distancing to be practiced at all times.
- Anyone feeling unwell must NOT attend.
- Please park 5m away from the next vehicle.
- Sanitisers will be provided where possible.
- Each rider may have only ONE supporter which may be a parent/driver/ groom. The supporter must be named on the Entry Form and checks will be made at the Lorry Park entrance. NO additional non-competing siblings or spectators are permitted. Children must not be left unattended at any time.
- The warm-up arena will be stewarded and a maximum of 5 competitors (those due in jumping order) allowed at any time. Entry will be via one gate and exit from the other end.
- No spectators or grooms are allowed to access the warm-up arena.
- No access to the upstairs gallery at BCA. The downstairs viewing is open only to the spectator of the person in the ring.
- SAFETY TACK INSPECTION – due to Covid-19 there will not be a tack inspection but competitors (or the accompanying adult) are responsible for the safety of their equipment and compliance to Pony Club rules.
- Please arrive/compete/leave.
WHPC Open Show Jumping - Saturday 31st October 2020 COVID Guidelines
WHPC Open Show Jumping – Saturday 31st October 2020 COVID Guidelines
Please do not attend the event if you think you might have symptoms or have come in contact with anyone who might have COVID19 or if you feel unwell.
- Spectators/helpers are limited to ONE per rider/horse. Please travel in family groups. We would prefer that if your horse is being travelled for you by a person not in your family group that you travel separately from them.
- Please print your entry number to be worn and bring with you (ideally A4 size and to be worn in an eventing bib)
- Registration will be at car park entrance on arrival and whilst you are still in your vehicle. YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL PASSENGERS OTHER THAN THE COMPETITOR(S)AND ACCOMPANYING HELPER(S).
- Car Park – Please always ensure you maintain social distancing and limit group sizes.
- WHPC Officials are positioned at strategic points around the event along with several ‘floating’ helpers wearing high vis. If you have any queries on the day, please feel free to ask them. The main organiser will be in the usual Secretary’s office (Max 3 in office at any time).
- Please maintain social distancing (1m+) during course walks in the covered arena.
- – Where possible only rider walks the course and please do not touch the jumps. Masks are advisable.
- – Mid class walks provided for larger classes to minimise numbers at any given time. Please only walk to course in one of the slots for each class.
- A one-way system around the venue will be in place, please see map provided.
– Once rider/horse completed round they are to exit round the back of the indoor school.
- Limited numbers in the warm-up arena = Max 4 riders in the flat warm-up and 4 in the jump warm-up and WHPC helper
- – WHPC helper to let you into warm-up and manage numbers
- – WHPC helper provided to help with jumps
- – WHPC letting you out of arena
- – If you are late then we will try slot you in where possible but cannot guarantee availability so,please arrive in plenty of time.
- No official prize giving will be held – rosettes and results for each class will be left on the mounting block outside the covered arena to be collected shortly after the end of each class.
- The toilet will be available along with hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser.
- Upstairs Viewing Area = No entry other than to WHPC Judge and helpers.
- Numbers in the downstairs viewing area limited. Please be aware that entry and exit is a ‘pinch point’. Please allow for spectators to exit before entering and adhere to social distancing regulations.
- Please ensure that you clear up any hay and droppings before departing.Thank you to WHPC volunteers, riders and supporters for helping us make this happen in such interesting times.
BCA Equestrian Centre is a leading equine training college in the Thames Valley.
Our facilities include a large indoor arena, two outdoor arenas, extensive grass rides, BE cross country course.
Terms and Conditions
- The organisers reserve the right to refuse any entry without giving a reason.
- The competition is being run under Pony Club Show Jumping Rules 2020.
- The decision of the judges and stewards in all cases is final.
- Any objections must be made in writing and handed to the show secretary within 15 minutes of the incident happening with a deposit of £10.00. In the event that the objection is sustained the deposit will be refunded.
- Excessive use of the whip, including repeated slapping down the shoulder, is prohibited. The whip may be used a maximum of three times during any round. Use of the whip will be monitored and excessive use may result in elimination.
- Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
- The organisers of this event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents. They must obey the instructions of the organisers and all officials and stewards.
- All non Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club insurance and must have their own third party cover. The Woodland Hunt Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non Members and their insurance will not cover you.
- Horses and ponies must be four years or older on the day of the show.
- All competitors must be suitably dressed in correct riding attire. Hats must be approved PAS015, EN1384 or BS EN1384 with BSI Kitemark and chin straps must be correctly fastened at all times when mounted.
- All entries must be accompanied by the correct fee; each rider will be charged £5 extra towards the cost of Paramedic Cover.
- All dogs must be kept on a lead.
- The Organisers reserve the right to alter the programme of events at their discretion and should the event be cancelled for any reason the Organisers reserve the right to retain a proportion of entry fees to cover their expenses.
- Combinations competing in Class 1 are not permitted to compete in Classes 3 and above.
- Classes 4 and 5 will run under Pony Club Show Jumping 2020 Rule Book and the Spring Festival Rule Book. Copies can be obtained from Pony Club HQ or viewed on the Pony Club website, www.pcuk.org
- No Substitution of entries after the closing date.
- In the interests of safety and the smooth running of the event, all competitors and accompanying persons MUST follow the instructions of show officials, and this includes directions as to the parking of vehicles.
- Horses/ponies tied to the outside of trailers/lorries must not be left unattended.
- Please ensure that the area around your horse box/trailer is left clean and tidy and any droppings are removed! Tying of haynets on the outside of trailers/lorries is not permitted.
- There will be no refund of entry fees without production of a doctor’s certificate or veterinary certificate within 7 days of the competition and any refunds made will be subject to an administration fee.
- Entry to events at Berkshire College does not entitle riders or visitors to use other equestrian facilities, including the grass rides and the cross-country areas. Riders or visitors are not entitled to be anywhere on the estate other than the specific facilities hired for the Show. Anyone found on the estate will be banned from ALL future equestrian events at this venue.
Woodland Hunt Pony Club Open Showjumping Competition is being organised by Woodland Hunt Pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings
Book this horse event below
Please note that this event allows for reserve bookings. A ticket marked 'Wait List' indicates that the class is currently full but we are allowing for Wait List bookings. Booking such a ticket does not guarantee you entry but adds you to the wait list. We will notify you if you make it onto the confirmed list or alternatively will refund your booking.