Woodland Hunt Pony Club Open Show Jumping Including the Dengie Winter League Qualifier
Woodland Hunt Pony Club Open Show Jumping
Welcome to the Woodland Hunt Branch of the Pony Club’s Open Indoor Show Jumping Competition 2016 – which includes the ever popular Preliminary Round of the Dengie Winter League Qualifier.
Kindly sponsored by Vehicle Weighing Solutions
The following classes are available for the Woodland Hunt Pony Club Open Show Jumping Including the Dengie Winter League Qualifier
Entry & Entry Fees
ONLINE ENTRY PREFERRED. Please enter via www.horse-events.co.uk. If you have any queries regarding online entry please contact Horse-Events on 07962 251696 – not after 7pm. We will also accept entries by post.
The deadline for entries is Tuesday 6th November 2018. Get your entries in early as classes will close when full. On the day entries will be accepted if the classes are not full and will attract a £5 surcharge. CASH ONLY ON THE DAY.
Classes 1,2,3, 4b, 5b, & 6 £15 per class. Class 4a & 5a £16
A booking fee of £1.35 per class will be applied to all entries.
(Woodland Hunt Members receive a £2 discount per class).
Please make cheques payable to Woodland Hunt Pony Club.
Rosettes & Prizes
We will be awarding rosettes to 8th place and there will be prizes in each class.
Clear round rosettes will be awarded to all those who jump clear but are not placed in Class 1.
Class 1 will start at 9am prompt.
To ensure this there will be a drawn order for Class 1 which, along with an estimate of other class start times, will be published on our website www.woodlandhunt.org after p.m. on Thursday 8th November 2018.
Every year WHPC are indebted to all the companies and individuals who kindly sponsor the classes and this year is no exception.
We would like to extend our deepest thanks to our main sponsor VEHICLE WEIGHING SOLUTIONS as well as our class sponsors Karn Herbert Farriers and Red Horse Products. Without your generous support our show could not take place.
We are also extremely grateful for the class prizes generously donated by VWS, Jods Galore, Red Horse
Products, and Greenleas Equestrian
*Class 1 drawn order and estimated start times for other classes will be published after 6pm on Thursday 8th November on www.woodlandhunt.org
All classes will run as 2 phase – competitors jump their first round and, if clear, they continue onto the second round over the timed jump-off section.
Please note competitors competing in Class 1 may not compete in Classes 3 and above and those competing in Class 2 may not compete in Classes 4 and above.
On the Day
Official Show Photographer: Glamorous Event Photography www.glamerouseventphotography.com
Tack Shop: Greenleas Equestrian
BCA Equestrian Centre is a leading equine training college in the Thames Valley.
Our facilities include a large indoor arena, two outdoor arenas, extensive grass rides, BE cross country course.
Conditions of Entry
1. The organisers reserve the right to refuse any entry without giving a reason.
2. The decision of the judges and stewards in all cases is final.
3. Any objections must be made in writing and handed in to the show secretary within 15 minutes of the incident
happening with a deposit of £10.00. In the event that the objection is sustained the deposit will be refunded.
4. Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are
in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or
representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss,
damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any
other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way
whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
5.The organisers of this event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone
present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to
avoid and prevent accidents. They must obey the instructions of the organisers and all officials and stewards.
6. All non Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club insurance and must have their own third
party cover. The Woodland Hunt Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally
responsible for non Members and their insurance will not cover you.
7.Horses and ponies must be four years or older on the day of the show.
8. All competitors must be suitably dressed in correct riding attire. Hats must be approved PAS015, EN1384 or
BS EN1384 with BSI Kitemark and chin straps must be correctly fastened at all times when mounted.
9. All entries must be accompanied by the correct fee; each rider will be charged £3.50 extra towards the cost of
10. All dogs must be kept on a lead.
11.The Organisers reserve the right to alter the programme of events at their discretion and should the event be
cancelled for any reason the Organisers reserve the right to retain a proportion of entry fees to cover their
12. Classes 1 to 4 and 6 will be run in accordance with the rules of B.S. However the wearing of half chaps will
be permitted and competitors in Class 1 will be allowed 2 disobediences before elimination.
13. Class 5 will run under Pony Club Show Jumping Rules 2017, including the Dengie Winter League Rules,
copies of which can be obtained from Pony Club HQ or viewed on the Pony Club website, www.pcuk.org
14. Substitution of entries. A rider may request to substitute a horse/pony for a class that he/she has entered, if
the secretary is so advised before the start of the class. Horse and rider may not be substituted -–this is in
effect a completely different entry!
15. In the interests of safety and the smooth running of the event, all competitors, their family and friends must
follow the instructions of show officials, and this includes directions as to the parking of vehicles.
15. Horses/ ponies tied to the outside of trailers/lorries must not be left unattended.
16. Please ensure that the area around your horse box/trailer is left clean and tidy and any droppings are
removed! Tying of haynets on the outside of trailers/lorries is not permitted.
17. There will be no refund of entry fees without production of a Doctor’s certificate or Veterinary certificate within
7 days of the competition and any refunds made will be subject to an administration fee.
18. Entry to events at Berkshire College does not entitle riders or visitors to use other equestrian
facilities, including the grass rides and the cross country areas. Riders or visitors are not entitled to be
anywhere on the estate other than the specific facilities hired for the Show. Anyone found on the estate
will be banned from ALL future equestrian events at this venue.
Woodland Hunt Pony Club Open Show Jumping Including the Dengie Winter League Qualifier is being organised by Woodland Hunt Pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings