WICKSTEAD HORSEPLAY ARENA EVENTING COMPETITION
WICKSTEAD HORSEPLAY ARENA EVENTING COMPETITION
“Dawn to Dusk”
OPEN TO ALL
NO entries on the day
Entries via www.horse-events.co.uk
THIS EVENT IS BEING ORGANISED BY WICKSTEAD HORSEPLAY
HORSE EVENTS IS ACTING AS THE ONLINE SECRETARY ONLY
STRICT COVID RULES WILL APPLY
- On entering Wickstead Farm Equestrian Centre you will be asked at the gate by the Secretary to show your hat, horses passport and sign in
- Permission to enter Wickstead Horseplay is not given to anybody without passing through the secretaries.
- Anybody found to be breaking our COVID rules with extra people etc will be politely refused entry with no refund of entry fee
ARRIVE – COMPETE– LEAVE
Please limit the number of supporters to 1 + 1 from the same household, absolutely no small children who are not competing.
PLEASE READ ALL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION
The following classes are available for the WICKSTEAD HORSEPLAY ARENA EVENTING COMPETITION
Entries & Entry Fees
All entries online http://www.horse-events.co.uk
Entry fee: £35 per class or £65 if 2 classes entered by same combination of horse and rider (not including booking fee).
All entries are subject to a non refundable booking fee of £1.75
Class times will be available on Horse events website on Friday 13th October after 6pm
Entries close on Thursday 12th November 2020.
You will need to Print your own numbers and provide your own number bib
- Please limit the number of supporters to 1 + 1 from the same household, absolutely no small children who are not competing.
- Your supporter must be willing to administer basic First Aid if needed.
- Please park with adequate space and /or where instructed.
- A contact telephone number and name plus the number of people attending must be given on arrival.
- Gloves must be worn while changing the jumps in the warm up or a designated person will do the jumps (if this is the case no other unmounted persons are allowed in the warm up arena).
- The warm up is limited to 7 people or 20 mins before your time
Event & Class Details
Classes: 70cm, 80cm, 90cm, 100cm
Consists of a course of 7-9 Show jumps
(4 penalties for each pole down, 4 penalties for 1st refusal, 8 for 2nd refusal, E for 3rd at same fence or crossing of tracks).
Straight in to 8-12 various XC type fences
(20 penalties for first refusal, 40 for 2nd, E after 3rd refusal at the same fence. 11 penalties for any obstical knocked down)
Followed by a Joker fence
(6 penalties for knock down or refusal, 12 for 2nd refusal E for 3rd refusal).
- Closest to bogey time and lowest score wins.
- 3 accumulative refusals on course = Elimination
- Fall or horse or rider = Elimination
- All other rules as per BE Eventing rules.
Wickstead Horse Play is a 50m x 70m all weather arena with a number of simulated cross country course loops built into it including Ditches, Banks and a water complex. This is the perfect venue for schooling your horse, hosting training clinics and competing at. Hosting many competitions from Show jumping, dressage, eventer challenges and derby style competitions.
To Hire the school please book at: www.wicksteadhorseplay.co.uk
Competition entries to be made through www.horse-events.co.uk
RULES & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- The judge’s decision is final.
2. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse an entry, restrict entries and make alterations
to entries if they deem necessary.
- Arena Eventing will run under BE Rules.
- Any person falling must see the medic before leaving the venue or re mounting.
- Hats with no fixed peak and body protectors must be worn– Hats should be of the current British Standard Riding Hats conforming to All PAS 015, VG1 – provided they are BSI Kitemarked, European – VG1 – provided they are BSI Kitemarked American –All SEI ASTM F1163 04a onwards and SNELL E2001 Australian & New Zealand – AS/NZS 3838 2006 onwards.
- Competition clothing should be worn at all times when mounted.
- Age of Competitor: Must be over 7 years of age on the date of competition.
- Refunds will be given if withdrawn before the closing date. NO REFUNDS AFTER CLOSE OF ENTRIES.
- Face jewellery other than a studs is not permitted, studs are worn at the riders risk and are not recommended.
- DOGS MUST BE KEPT ON A LEAD AT ALL TIMES. Please clean up after your dog.
11. In the event of cancellation due to circumstances beyond our control £5 per competitor
will be withheld to cover costs.
- Please clear all droppings/hay/litter from Wickstead Farm. No mucking out of lorries/ trailers.
- At Wickstead during the winter months our parking is limited. Absolutely no tying up outside of your horse box is permitted at any time.
- Please park where instructed.
- All horses must be vaccinated We work on an annual basis. There must be 6 clear days between any vaccination injection given and the date of the event.
- Health & Safety – The organisers have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers, officials and stewards.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY – Legal liability; Save for death or personal injury caused by negligence of the organisers or anyone for whom they are, in law, responsible neither the organisers, Wickstead HorsePlay, any agent, employee or representative of these bodies nor Wickstead Farm Equestrian Centre and its representatives accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories or any other person or property whatsoever whether caused by negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever.
Prizes in kind – Rosettes will be awarded to 3rd place and 1 rossette for every 4 entries after that.
Please do not hang around till the end of the class. After you have competed please leave, results will be posted on line and prizes will be posted after the competiton.
There will be catering onsite. Social distancing must be adhered to a maximum of 6 people queuing at once and sitting together. If the queue is larger than this please come back at a different time.
All rubbish to be taken home and disposed of.
We recommend bringing your own sanitiser, towels, or wipes. We will provide some for the toilet, but cannot guarantee they will not run out.
Wash/ sanitise your hands regularly and especially after touching something that has been touched by other people.
WICKSTEAD HORSEPLAY ARENA EVENTING COMPETITION is being organised by Wicksetad HorsePlay and the booking agent is Equine Bookings