West Lancashire County Pony Club Area 4 Qualifier for the National Quiz
West Lancashire County Pony Club – Area 4 Qualifier for the National Quiz
Times: Join 13:00 – 13:30 Quiz starts at 14:00
Entries: Online Only at http://www.horse-events.co.uk
The quiz will be run online using the same system as the National and International Pony Club quiz 2020.
A link to the entry system will be sent out to all Branches and Centres and be on WLC website
PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ ALL OF THE DETAILS OF THE QUIZ
The following spectator tickets are available for the West Lancashire County Pony Club Area 4 Qualifier for the National Quiz
Entries & Entry Fees
Online entries at http://www.horse-events.co.uk
Entry Fee: £20 per team
All entries are subject to a non refundable booking fee of £1.45
Important Please Read to the End !
Area 4 Quiz information for the Area competition – please read to the end, sorry it is long!
- The quiz will run online on Saturday 27th March. Joining will be between 1-1.30pm and the quiz will start at 2pm
- The quiz will be run online using the same system as the National and International Pony Club quiz 2020.
- It is open to all Branches and Centres in Area 4. The winning Branch and the winning Centre will both qualify for the final.
- Entries will all be online only, a link to the entry system will be sent out to all Branches and Centres and be on WLC website. Entry fee £20 per team, entries close on 12th March. There will be no refunds after the close of entries. Before that entries will be refunded minus the booking fee.
- Every participant will need a registered Zoom account (this is free to register). It will need to be the most up to date version, this is currently Zoom 5.5.1, but there may be an update before the competition.
- On the day of the competition – each Team entered will be put into their own break out room to answer the questions, so that they can have a discussion.
- In each room there will be Team Manager who looks after the team and keeps a hard copy of the questions and answers for each round in case of technical problems.
- There will also be an independent Question Master in each room who asks the questions and submits the answers.
- Each team that enters will need to supply 2 adult helpers who have their own Zoom accounts. So if a Branch or Centre enters 2 teams, they will need to supply 4 helpers. Both helpers should be familiar with using Zoom. The Quiz Masters will need to be able to screen share
- One of the team helpers will be a Team Manager – this CANNOT be one of the team members. The Team Manager will sit in the break out room with their own team, their role is as described above.
- The other team helper will be a Question Master. They will be in a room with a team from a Branch or Centre that they are NOT involved with. Their role is as described above. They are also in charge of making sure there is no cheating.
- There will be a number of independent roving monitors supplied by the organising Branch (WLC) who can access any break out room. They will be checking that all is running smoothly and there is no cheating
- All participants (team members, Team Managers and Question Masters) MUST have their cameras switched on at all times. Team members should be clearly in shot, with NO access to phones, books or written notes
- When a team is entered, an email address must be submitted for the Team Manager and Question Master. These emails must be linked to a registered Zoom account.
- An email will be sent to the Team Manager inviting them to register themselves and their team for the meeting.
- Everyone must pre-register in order to receive the link to the meeting. The links will be individual to that email address and cannot be shared.
- If everyone is pre-registered in this way then it will take less time on the day to get started!
- When team members are registered, they should be registered with the Branch or Centre team name before their Christian name i.e. register as ‘West Lancs County Fiona’
- Team Mangers register as ‘Manager West Lancs County Fiona’
- Question Masters register as ‘Master (whichever Branch or Centre you are assigned to) Fiona’
- If everyone registers their names as above then organising the break out rooms and ensuring the correct people are in each one, is much quicker and more accurate
- There will be a practice for everyone (Team members, Managers and Quiz Masters) on Sunday 21st March at 2pm. We would be very grateful if everyone can join in this so that we can ensure a fair and efficient quiz on the day of the competition. It is particularly important for the Quiz Masters and Team Managers to join this practice.
- Entry to the competition implies that everyone, including individual team members, has read these rules and agrees to abide by them
Teams will be made up of:
• 1 Member 12 years & under • 1 Member 14 years & under
• 1 Member 16 years & under • 1 Member of any age
All ages will be taken from the 1st January 2021
N.B. A Team may consist of four Members under the age of 12 if you wish. In this instance, the Team will be asked to nominate which Members are Juniors (14 & under) and which are Seniors for the purpose of answering the more advanced questions in the Pairs round.
One AH Test holder in each Team is allowed to take part in each National Quiz Team.
There will be SIX rounds.
Questions will be answered as a team in most rounds, but one round will be answered in pairs. All answers to be submitted to the independent quiz master who will enter the answer on Google forms. The rounds will be as follows, but not necessarily in this order:
• Pony Club Competition Rules – Eventing and Endurance
• The Systems – Nervous
• Children’s Equestrian Literature
• Riding away from home (Countryside access, Beach riding, Map reading, Road Rider)
• Pairs Round – Alphabet soup (Juniors – Points of the horse, Seniors – Ailments)
• Picture Round – Equestrian equipment
The winning Branch and Centre teams will be the team with the highest number of points. In case of equality, total points gained in The Pony Club Competition Rules round will be used to decide the final placing. Rosettes awarded to 6th place for both Branches & Centres
The National Quiz Final will be held online on Saturday 24th April 2021.
Soft Toy Mascot Prize
There will be a competition for the best homemade mascot from each team representing their Branch or Centre, to be judged on the day. The mascot must be clearly in view in the screen of one of the team members or the team manager.
We recommend Teams wear their Pony Club branded sweatshirts and or T-shirts (shirt and tie are not compulsory), with smart, comfy trousers (no ripped jeans)
There will be a jury consisting of the organiser and scorers, and their decision is final
No refund after close of entry
Full refund minus booking fee, before close of entry.
West Lancashire County Pony Club Area 4 Qualifier for the National Quiz is being organised by West Lancashire County Pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings