The Cotswold Hunt Miserden Fun Ride
The Cotswold Hunt Miserden Fun Ride
This event is a fundraiser for The Cotswold Hunt and takes place by kind permission of Miserden Estate, please respect their generosity as you ride across their land.
An amazing fun ride across 10 miles of through the beautiful Miserden Estate. There will be over 70 optional jumps for riders of all ability.
First horse to start at 9.30 am, last horse 2.00 pm.
Refreshments on site
All entries on-line www.horse-events.co.uk no cash payments or entries on the day.
The following classes are available for the The Cotswold Hunt Miserden Fun Ride
Entries & Entry Fees
Entries – all entries on-line http://www.horse-events.co.uk
No cash payments or Entries on the Day.
Entry Fee: Adults £25, under 16 £20
All entries are subject to a non refundable booking fee of £1.45
PLEASE READ ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE RIDE BEFORE ENTERING
Bookings are refundable only by production of valid veterinary or doctor’s certificate or at the discretion of The Cotswold Hunt.
Please read thoroughly– Covid-19 Policy
- All entries and full payments will be made on-line, entry numbers are limited. No entries will be taken on the day and no cash payments.
- Riders will be given a number when their entry is received, and it will be their responsibility to remember their number so they can report to start, finish and check point stewards.
- Please try to start within your booked time slot. Please arrive with enough time to get yourself and your horse/ pony ready for the ride.
- Groups will be restricted to a maximum of 6.
- Riders must stay a safe 2m distance from each other.
- Only members of the same household should travel in the same vehicle to the event.
- One non-riding support person per vehicle only will be allowed entry to the event.
- Lorries and trailers must be parked with at least 10m between them.
- There will be a fully Covid-19 trained paramedic in attendance all day.
- Riders should take note of ground conditions and ride at an appropriate speed to mitigate the risk of slipping, falling or losing control of their horse/ pony.
- Any gates on the route will either be tied open, or there will be a marshal to open and close the gate to lessen the number of people touching it.
- The route will be clearly signed with arrows.
- If you get lost on the route, please call Tim on 07831 857016.
- There will be hand sanitiser and paper towels available should anyone require them.
- As it is an outdoor event, masks/ face coverings are not necessary, but please feel comfortable to wear one if you wish.
- On completion of the ride, make sure you go through the finish and then please load up and leave a in a timely manner.
- All riders must have 3rd party liability insurance. Please bring a copy of your policy with you as spot checks will be made.
- Everyone taking part or supporting a rider(s) must observe standard social distancing measures: a. Stay a minimum of 2m apart from people not from the same household when mounted and on the ground. b. No handshaking or hugging. c. Please cough or sneeze into a tissue, which should be taken home with you and discarded in a closed topped bin. d. Wash/ sanitise your hands regularly and especially after touching something that has been touched by other people
- Anyone (including non-riding support crew) found to be in breach of the above will be told to leave the site immediately and no refund of entry fee will be made.
- Please note: Riding horses is a high-risk sport and riders taking part in this and other rides acknowledge this and do so at their own risk. The Cotswold Hunt will not be accountable or responsible for any loss, damage or injury to rider, horse or equipment howsoever caused, including Covid-19.
- By entering on-line you agree you have read and abide by these rules and accept full liability for the actions and safety of any persons who accompany you.Please read thoroughly– Covid-19 Policy
By attending this Ride, the attendees acknowledge and agree that although The Cotswold Hunt has taken every precaution and follows Government Guidance, it is impossible to eliminate all risk and there remains the potential for unintended transmission of COVID-19. All those attending must play their part in minimising the risk to themselves and others by complying with the Government Guidelines as well as any on site instructio9ns and signage. The Cotswold Hunt have the right to refuse entry or request departure from the site should there be any breach of the Covid-19 protocols put in place
Enquiries to email@example.com
direction signs from the A417 and A419.
Terms and Conditions
MISERDEN FUN RIDE – RULES AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- All riders must report to the start and on completion of the ride to the finish.
- Riders retiring early must inform one of the stewards stationed on the course or phone Tim 07831 857016 who will advise on the safest return route. If it is necessary to retire during the route, please do not turn around and ride against the flow of the route.
- Good riding manners are requested at all times. Please be cautious when overtaking others, please alert those in front you wish to pass and await an affirmative response before proceeding as they may be novice riders, or on young horses.
- Hard hats and suitable footwear must be worn at all times.
- Horses to start between 9.30 am and 2.00 pm. Riders are to abide by the Government guidelines due to the Coronavirus. Only ride with members of your own household or up to 6 others outside your home abiding to the 2m social distancing rule.
- This ride is only suitable for riders experienced enough to ride across open country. There is no lower age limit for riders, but children under 12 should be accompanied by an adult. Horses and ponies must be 4 years and over. Horses must not be left tied up unattended.
- Entry fees – Adults £25.00, Children £20.00. Children are those aged under 16 on the date of ride all entires are subject to a non refundable booking fee of £1.45
- No riders will be permitted to start the route after the final closing time.
- Unfortunately, we cannot permit bicycles or other forms of transport on the route.
- NO DOGS will be permitted on the site – please leave them at home and not in vehicles.
- Bookings are refundable only by production of valid veterinary or doctor’s certificate or at the discretion of The Cotswold Hunt.
- You are always required by law to carry your horse’s passport with you when you are away from your horse’s place of residence. Please note we may ask to see your passport and check that your horse is within 12 months of your latest Equine Influanza jab at the time of the event.
- Neither the landowners nor the organisers nor anyone acting on their behalf accept responsibility for loss, damage accident, illness or injury to ponies, horses, riders and spectators or their property. It is a condition of entry that each rider shall hold the landowners and organisers harmless and that he/she shall be deemed to indemnify the aforesaid against any legal proceedings, expenses or damages whatsoever arising from any incident. Everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and stewards. First Aid support will be present.
- No farrier will be present on the day. You are asked to bring your own water and not leave horse droppings, straw or other bedding when you leave the parking area. A vet will be on call to attend the site if required. All veterinary costs will be the liability of the rider or owner of the horse.
- The Cotswold Hunt reserve the right to cancel the event at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of cancellation, payments will be refunded within 7 days of the cancellation.
The Cotswold Hunt Miserden Fun Ride is being organised by and the booking agent is Equine Bookings