MEYNELL & SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE HUNT NOVICE HUNTER TRIAL AND TEAM CHASE – ABANDONED
THE MEYNELL & SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE HUNT NOVICE HUNTER TRIAL and TEAM CHASE
TEAM CHASE ABANDONED
Following an Inspection of the Meynell’s Team Chase and Hunter Trial Course at midday today, Thursday, it has reluctantly been decided to ABANDON Sunday’s event.
This is due concerns as to how wet, false and inconsistent some parts of the course and parking areas are.
Add to this, that the latest weather forecasts predict more this evening before heavy rain Friday night then into and through Saturday/Saturday night so conditions will only deteriorate further.
Clerk of the Course, Charlie Moore, said:
“This is a bizarre set of circumstances; last year we failed due to hard ground and dry conditions. Now it is the rain and wet. We just cannot guarantee that the course will be safe but more importantly we have to be certain that all the back-up and emergency services can get everywhere in a timely manner. Safety of horse and rider is paramount”
Paul Dunn, Chairman of the Meynell Team Chase Committee, added:
“This is a not good news but safety comes first. I realise this is disappointing for everyone including my team who have worked so hard to deliver what should have been a great day’s sport. The Course looked fantastic with all the new fences and changes. We have really enthusiastic landowners but we cannot abuse their support and generosity”
Entry Fees will be refunded less the entry handling charges and 20% (not 50% as in the Entry Conditions). It is not practical to re-schedule although options in the Spring are being explored.
It is hoped that the timing of this Abandonment avoids wasted expectation and planning as well as allowing everyone to re-schedule their weekend
For further information please contact:
Clerk of the Course – Charlie Moore – 07764 255500
Entry Refunds – Suzie Cave – 07867 535478
Social Media – Alex Moore – 07557 234905
For more details visit: www.teamchasing.co.uk
PLEASE NOTE – NO DOGS ALLOWED AT BOOTH HAY and Children to be kept under control
The following classes are available for the MEYNELL & SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE HUNT NOVICE HUNTER TRIAL AND TEAM CHASE – ABANDONED
Entries & Entry Fees
Entries close on Monday 7th October 2019 at 9 pm
ENTER ONLINE AT WWW.HORSE-EVENTS.CO.UK
If you have any queries regarding online entries please contact Horse-Events (07962 251696) or email email@example.com
All bookings under £100 are subject to a £1.50 non refundable booking fee and those over £100 are subject to a £2 non refundable booking fee.
Classes 1, 2 and 3 are intended to cater for novice horse/ponies who are gaining cross country experience
Team Chase Championships 2019-20 – The first two teams in class 4 will qualify for the National Team Chase Championship which will take place at the Fernie Team Chase on Sunday 29th March. Should either of the first two teams already have qualified, the qualification will be handed down to the next highest team(s) in the first twelve.
Prizes & Rosettes
Class 1- Prizes in kind 1st to 4th, rosettes to 6th place.
Class 2- Prizes in kind 1st to 6th, rosettes to 6th place.
Class 3- Prizes in kind 1st to 6th, rosettes to 6th place. Special Prize- The Henry Jeffery Trophy will be awarded to the highest placed Meynell & South Staffs Pony Club Team.
Class 4- 1st: £400, 2nd: £200, 3rd: £150, 4th: £100. Rosettes to 6th place. Special Prize- Best Team of Meynell & South Staffs Hunt
Class 5- 1st-4th Prizes in kind, Rosettes to 6th – 1st MSSH
Class 6- 1st: £150, 2nd: £100, 3rd: £50, 4th: £30. Rosettes to 6th place.
Class 1- Approx 1.25 miles with Dressing Fences and Pen (see Rules 16 and 17 for penalties). Height approx 85cm with some hedges.
Class 2- Approx 1.25 miles. Height approx 85cm with some hedges.
Class 3- Approx 1.25 miles with a pen (see Rule 24 for penalties). Height approximately 85cm with some hedges.
Class 4- Approx 1.7 miles with a pen (see Rule 24 for penalties). No fixed element exceeds 115cm but some larger hedges.
Class 5- Approx 1.5 miles. No fixed element exceeds 105cm with some larger hedges.
Class 6- Approx 1.5 miles with a pen (see Rule 24 for penalties). No fixed element exceeds 105cm with some larger hedges.
Home to the the Meynell & South Staffordshire Hunt Team Chase and Novice Hunter Trial.
(situated between A515 and A52)
The Booth Hay Farms complex is a unique location with stunning views.
All classes will run over wonderful old turf with mainly natural fences.
Much of the course has been rebuilt over the last two years.
Rules and Regulations
|Rules and Regulations
Insurance: It is a requirement that all participants carry Third Party Insurance for not less than £5m. It is also strongly recommended that all participants also have Personal Accident Insurance.
ACCEPTANCE OF RULES. This event is run under the auspices of the MFHA as the Governing Body and will be run in accordance with their Rules which can be found on the Team Chasing Website – www.teamchasing.co.uk – and will be displayed on the day. If you require a copy of these RULES please send an SAE to the Entries Secretary. All competitors at this Event are bound by these Rules together with the following regulations and the making of an entry is taken as acceptance of all such rules.
1. In Classes 3, 4, 5 and 6, each team should consist of three or four horses. In these classes there will be a PEN requiring 3 HORSES TO HAVE 12 FEET ON THE GROUND – within the pen – AT THE SAME TIME. The penalty for failing to observe this rule to be the addition of 20 seconds per team. In Class 1 both horses must be in the PEN together or a dressing penalty will be incurred.
2. In Class 1 there will be “dressing” fences / areas – please check in the Secretary’s tent when declaring for the details. A 10 second penalty will be added for each length of daylight between the horses. In Class 3 some Alternative / Novice options will be available and will incur a 10 second penalty when jumped
3. Competitors must jump the fences in numerical order with red flags on their right and white flags on their left. Any horse taking the wrong course will be eliminated.
4. Competitors are asked to retire after three refusals at any one fence, or five refusals on the course per horse. The Team / Pair will be disqualified for an abuse of these rules by an individual member. Teams and Pairs not completing the course in eight minutes will be eliminated. No stop watches to be worn.
5. Horse Falls – Elimination. When a horse falls during any class, it is immediately eliminated and horse and rider may not continue on the course. A horse is considered to have fallen when at the same time its shoulder and quarters have touched either the ground or the obstacle and the ground, or when it is trapped in a fence in such a way that it is unable to proceed without assistance or is liable to injure itself. This does not prevent horses which stumble or refuse, thus unseating the rider, from being remounted to continue.
6. Each competitor will wear a different number. These will be issued, on payment of a deposit of £5 per number, from the Secretary’s office.
7. Each team / pair will be given a starting time (which may be altered at any time by the Organising Committee). Teams / pairs must be in the collecting ring and ready to start at least twenty minutes before their starting time.
8. All horses / ponies must be over 5 years. Riders must be 12 years and over in Class 1, 2 and 3. 16 years and over in Classes 4, 5 & 6. A horse/pony may compete in any two of Classes 1, 2, 3 or 5. Any horse in Class 4 and 6 – may only compete once on the day. The Stewards will be mindful of Equine Welfare with any horse competing twice.
9. Passports and Vaccinations – All horses and ponies must be accompanied by their Passports and must be fully vaccinated in accordance with the latest Team Chasing guidelines, especially in relation to ‘booster vaccinations’. Spot checks will be made on the day.
10. CRASH HELMETS AND BODY PROTECTORS MUST COMPLY WITH CURRENT RECOGNISED BRITISH SAFETY STANDARDS. *Hat tags are required; current British Eventing and Pony Club tags are accepted, untagged hats must be tagged when collecting numbers – British PAS015 1998/2011 with kitemark; VG1 with kitemark; All ASTM F1163: 2004 onwards with SEI mark; SNELL E2001 or E2016 with Snell label and number, or Australian and New Zealand All AS/NZS 3838 2006 – onwards hats. ALL THOSE MOUNTED, INCLUDING GROOMS / HELPERS MUST WEAR A HARD HAT WHEN MOUNTED.
11. All competitors must wear a body protector to current approved Safety Standards. If an air Jacket is worn it must be worn over an approved Body Protector; not on its own
12. In the event of a tie, the appropriate prize money will be divided. There will be no jump off. Prizes/Rosettes may be withheld at the discretion of the organisers if there are insufficient entries
13. Competitors may exercise their horses in the area provided. They may not ride on, over or near any part of the course except when competing.
14. Riders and owners of competing horses and their employees must obey any order given to them by a responsible official and in particular they shall not do anything liable to upset or hinder the smooth running of the event. Competitors must be prepared to accept the decision of the course Veterinary Surgeon to put down a horse on humane grounds.
15. The judge’s / steward’s decision will be final at all times. A Medical Officer / Vet / Fence Judge / Steward has the authority to stop a rider from re-mounting / continuing after a fall and to stop an unfit or exhausted horse from continuing the course.
At the request of the landowners we have to restrict DOGS so we ask that all attending the event assist in this
PLEASE NOTE – NO DOGS ALLOWED AT BOOTH HAY
MEYNELL & SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE HUNT NOVICE HUNTER TRIAL AND TEAM CHASE – ABANDONED is being organised by MEYNELL & SOUTH STAFFORDSHIRE HUNT and the booking agent is Equine Bookings