The Hursley Pony Club Open Team and Individual Arena Eventing Competition
The Hursley Pony Club Team and Individual Arena Eventing Competition
Open to ALL Teams and Individuals
THIS EVENT IS RUN UNDER PONY CLUB RULES PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE HAT & BACK PROTECTOR RULES, you will need to provide your own number bib.
Simply Event Photos – www.simplyeventphotos.com
REFRESHMENTS BY HEL’S KITCHEN
The following classes are available for the The Hursley Pony Club Open Team and Individual Arena Eventing Competition
Entries & Entry Fees
Entries to be submitted via https://www.horse-events.co.uk
£16 per individual and teams can be 3 or 4 competitors.
All Entries Subject to a non-refundable booking fee of £1.35 per entry.
Postal entries will be accepted on attached entry form but must be with the secretary with correct fees by Tuesday 26th February.
Late entries are £3 extra per class if space.
Will be available on the Hursley Pony Club website on 1st March 2019
Rosettes will be awarded in each class:
1st – 8th Individuals
1st – 4th Teams
The Equine Centre provides a professional teaching environment for all courses at all levels of study. The facilities include: Stabling for up to 75 horses; a 60m x 23m indoor arena; three outdoor arenas (70m x 50m with Olympic-standard surface; 60m x 30m; 60m x 30m); covered horse walker; grass rides; cross country schooling fences; weigh bridge.
The Equine Centre is a British Horse Society (BHS) approved examination centre endorsed by the ‘Where to Train’ guide. Horses are carefully selected by either purchase or loan to provide students with the opportunity to develop a range of riding skills and provide a diverse research population for projects and dissertations.
The facilities include:
- Stabling for up to 75 horses
- A 60m x 23m indoor arena
- Three outdoor arenas (70m x 50m with Olympic-standard surface; 60m x 30m; 60m x 30m)
- Covered horse walker
- Grass rides
- Cross country schooling fences
- Weigh bridge
- Full size equine skeleton
- Heart rate monitors
- ETB Pegasus Limb Phasing Analysis System
- High speed camera
Rules and Conditions of Entry
- Arena Eventing is a two-phase competition, Competitors will jump a course of show jumps immediately followed by cross-country.
- All competitors proceed to the second phase whether faults have been incurred or not, apart from eliminated riders.
- The optimum time will be based on a speed of 325m per minute for class 1 and 350m per minute for classes 2 to 3 and 375m per minute for class 4.
- For the team competition the best 3 scores out of 4 will count.
- No horse/pony can compete more than once in each class. No rider can ride two ponies in the same team.
- In the event of over subscription non-Pony Club members will be balloted.
- Elimination occurring after the first fall of rider. In the event of a horse refusal, the horse will be eliminated on the third refusal at any one fence and the 5th refusal on the whole course.
- There will be no more than 20 jumping efforts in total.
- All hats must be jockey skull caps with No fixed peak and must comply with current Pony Club Rule book.
- Body protectors BETA 2009 [LEVEL3] purple label compulsory, with long sleeves due to the cross-country phase of the event.
- There will be a statutory tack check. You must Provide your own number bib.
- No jewellery (including watches) allowed. No stopwatches to be worn by riders whilst competing. Long Hair must be tied back and in a hairnet.
- The winner will be the competitor with the lowest number of penalties. In the event of a tie the winner will be the one closest to the optimum time.
- *Time allowed is twice the optimum time.
- Start times will be available at http://branches.pcuk.org/hursley/ from Friday 1st March 2019. The course will only be open for walking before the class starts.
- We reserve the right to run classes early, so please arrive in plenty of time.
- The warm-up arena will be stewarded and run with two teams warming up or up to 8 individuals. The jumps in the warm-up arena must not exceed the height of the jumps in the main ring.
- Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
- The organisers of this event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents. They must obey the instructions of the organisers and all officials and stewards.
- All non-Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club insurance and must have their own third-party cover. The Hursley Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non-Members and their insurance will not cover you.
- There will be a photographer at this event. It is the responsibility of any individual not wishing to be photographed to notify them directly.
- All horses and ponies must be 4 years old or over and no stallions without written permission from the DC
- Mucking out of horse boxes or trailers in the car park is forbidden. TAKE HOME ALL LOOSE HAY AND DROPPINGS.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any competitor/supporter showing cruel or discourteous behaviour or on the grounds of Health & Safety.
- The organisers decision is final. The organisers reserve the right to reject an entry made if they deem fit to do so and the right to cancel any classes, refunding any fees after costs. Any objection must be made in writing within 20 minutes of the incident to the show organisers accompanied by a £20 deposit. The deposit will only be returned if the objection is upheld. In the event of cancellation, entry fees will be refunded less £3.00 per rider to cover administration costs.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times
Penalties will be awarded as follows:
|Show Jumping||Cross Country|
|First disobedience||4 penalties||20 penalties|
|Second disobedience at same fence||8 penalties||40 penalties|
|Third disobedience at same fence||Elimination||Elimination|
|5th refusal on course||Elimination||Elimination|
|Knock down of obstacle||4 penalties||4 penalties|
|Fall of horse||Elimination||Elimination|
|First fall of rider||Elimination||Elimination|
|Every commenced second in excess optimum time||N/A||0.4 penalties|
|Every commenced second in excess of 15 seconds under the optimum time||N/A||0.4 penalties|
|Exceeding time limit*||Elimination||Elimination|
|Error of course||Elimination||Elimination|
|Retaking obstacle already jumped||Elimination||Elimination|
|Circling||4 penalties||4 penalties|
The Hursley Pony Club Open Team and Individual Arena Eventing Competition is being organised by Hursley pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings