Grafton Hunt – HUNTER TRIALS
THE GRAFTON HUNT HUNTER TRIALS
Incorporating Qualifier for National Hunter Trial Series 2021
By kind permission of Mrs L Smith
All government guidelines relating to Covid-19 will be adhered to and a FULL REFUND will be given if the pandemic prevents the event from taking place
Veterinary and medical cover provided
Refreshments available Trade stands
With Thanks to our Sponsors:
Tudor Hall School
Buckingham Equine Vets
Equine Veterinary & Reproduction
The following classes are available for the Grafton Hunt – HUNTER TRIALS
Entries & Entry Fees
Entry and Entry Fees
Entries should be made online at www.horse-events.co.uk.
If you have any queries regarding online entries please do not hesitate to contact us email: firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 07962 251 696 (not after 7pm)
Class 1 & 3 £40 + £1.75 Non refundable booking fee
Class 2, 4 &5 £28 + £1.35 Non refundable booking fee
Please note all entries are subject to a non-refundable booking fee. Please add £4 per rider for Medical Cover.
Prompt 9.00am start
Qualifier for elandlodge.com National Hunter Trial Series 2021
All classes open to any senior or junior (aged 8 or over) on horse or ponies.
Closing Date / Withdrawal
All entries must be received by Wednesday 2nd September. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Entries Secretary, subject to a £5.00 supplement.
Withdrawals: by email to email@example.com by Wednesday 2nd September. There will be no refund of entry fees after this date.
Times & Course Walk
The course will be open for inspection on Saturday 5th September from 2pm.
All classes will be judged on an Optimum Time which will be published at the Secretary’s Tent
Competitor briefings on Optimum Time at 3pm and 5pm in the Sponsors’ Tent.
Course enquiries call 01295 760230.
There will be some ‘L’ alternatives in all classes. There will be 2 dressing fences for the pairs.
No horse/pony to compete in more than 2 classes, or more than once in any one class.
No watches or timing equipment to be worn/carried by any rider while competing on the course.
Competitors must wear crash hats (no fixed peak) and back protectors to current BSI standard.
Competitors should bring their own number bib.
Bibs will be available to purchase.
Rosettes & Prizes
There will be no prize giving; the results will be on the Grafton Hunt and Horse-Events websites and prizes posted to the winners.
Trophies to the winners of all classes
Prizes to winner and runner-up in all classes
Rosettes to 10th place in individual classes and 6th place in pairs classes.
Foxhill Farm is located 1⁄2 mile south of Moreton Pinkney on the Thorpe Mandeville road. Please follow the signs, and approach from this direction, not via Eydon.
A one-way system will be in operation to ensure traffic flow.
Important Event Information
Due to Government guidelines this event will be run “behind closed doors”. This means no Secretary on the day so all entries online please, printing your numbers at home.
Competitors will be issued with a time and asked to turn up for their start time, compete and then leave.
You are restricted to one helper per horse. In order to allow for track and trace we will need to check everyone in/out of the venue.
Foxhill Farm is located in the unspoilt countryside of South Northants midway between Banbury, Brackley and Towcester. Owned and run by Lesley Smith, this family business offers the perfect environment for you to ride to your full potential.
Set in beautiful countryside, livery owners have the opportunity to hack down endless bridleways, byways and quiet country lanes, as well as having the perfect setting to prepare for competitions throughout the year.
Instruction on your own horse can be provided by Lesley Smith; a qualified and highly experienced instructor. Group and individual lessons are available in all disciplines for every age and ability.
Foxhill offers a wide variety of equestrian facilities and services, including:
- 70m x 40m all weather menage
- Full set of competition showjumps
- XC schooling course designed and built by Hugh Lochore
- Regular training days, clinics and competitions
- A purpose built American barn housing stabling for 23
- Over 120 acres of turnout
- Claydon Horse Walker
- Holiday/short term and schooling livery.
The cross country course is open for schooling throughout the year. The location of the course is on well draining permanent pasture and will only be closed in very severe weather.
The course was built and designed by Hugh Lochore, one of the UK’s leading course designers. It includes a wide variety of fences from 2ft to 3ft 6ins. The design incorporates many of the types of fences often used in British Eventing courses. These include corners, arrow heads, sunken road, bank complex, training ditches, trakehner, and a water complex with a wide variety of options to both enter and exit the water.
The permanent fences have all weather take off and landings.
Conditions of Entry
- Closing Date: All entries must be received by Wednesday 2nd September. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Entries Secretary, subject to a £5.00 supplement.
- Withdrawals: by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 2nd September. There will be no refund of entry fees after this date.
- Starting times will be allocated for all classes. Go to www.horse- events.co.uk or www.foxhill-farm.com or www.graftonhunt.co.uk
- The course will be open for inspection on Saturday 5th September from 2pm. Competitor briefings on Optimum Time at 3pm and 5pm in the Sponsors’ Tent.
- Course enquiries call 01295 760230.
- No watches or timing equipment to be worn/carried by any rider while competing on the course.
- Competitors must wear crash hats (no fixed peak) and back protectors to current BSI standard.
- Competitors should bring their own number bib. Bibs will be available to purchase.
- All riders must wear a hat at all times when riding.
- No horse/pony to compete more than once in any one class.
- Junior riders to be aged 8 years or over.
- When not competing riders must ride in the designated practice areas and only jump flagged fences.
- Eliminated riders may continue at the discretion of the course officials.
- Veterinary cover will be provided on the day, all fees to be met by the individual.
- All dogs to be kept on leads.
- Only official vehicles will be allowed on the course.
- Please take all your litter home with you.
- The organisers reserve the right to alter, amend or cancel any class and to refuse any entry for any reason what so ever.
- The organising committee of The Grafton Hunt will not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury, accident, illness or damage to anyhorse, rider, spectator, or any other person or property.
- All competitors will agree to abide by the rules of the competition.
- All government guidelines relating to Covid-19 with be adhered to.
- Results will be posted on www.graftonhunt.co.uk.