ESSEX HUNT NORTH PONY CLUB ONE DAY EVENT
ESSEX HUNT NORTH PONY CLUB ONE DAY EVENT inc Pearl Challenge Cup
By kind permission of team Berwick
ONLINE ENTRIES: Horse Events –
Open to members and non-members of the Pony Club (adults and children)
To be run in accordance with the PC Eventing Rules 2020
Pony Club Teams – THE PEARL CHALLENGE CUP
Entries are invited from PC branches for teams of three consisting of one member already entered in each of classes 1, 2, & 3. The winning team will be awarded the Pearl Challenge Cup to keep for one year.
CROSS COUNTRY COURSE: The course will be inviting to encourage riders and ponies who haven’t had as much time to prepare as normal. There will be Learner or Alternative Fences where necessary.
ENTRIES CLOSE on Friday 7th May OR WHEN CLASSES ARE FULL. A waiting list will be kept. No entries taken on the day.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 RULES IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE SCHEDULE
The following classes are available for the ESSEX HUNT NORTH PONY CLUB ONE DAY EVENT
Entries & Entry Fees
ONLINE ENTRIES: https://www.horse-events.co.uk/
EHNPC Members £40;
All others: £50
All entries are subject to a non refundable booking fee and including medical cover.
ENTRIES CLOSE on Friday 7th May OR WHEN CLASSES ARE FULL.
A waiting list will be kept.
No entries taken on the day.
WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS
WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS: Withdrawals before closing date will be refunded. No refunds after closing date unless the rider can be replaced from the wait list.
Please see full Terms and Conditions
If you would like to edit your horse or rider details before the closing date of the event please login to your account and edit your booking under the ‘MY BOOKING’ Tab
If you would like to change the class please email email@example.com and if there is space available we will do this for you.
For ALL changes and horse and rider substitutions after the closing date there is a £5 charge please fill out the following form online at: Horse Events Substitution Form
Times Course Walk & Number Bibs
Drawn Order – Times – Riding Times will be posted on Essex Hunt North Pony Club on or before Friday 14th May.
You must be there to compete on time following the ARRIVE COMPETE LEAVE protocol.
Course Walking – The course will be available to walk from 2pm-6.00pm on Saturday 15th MAY In the event of adverse weather conditions, please check website http://branches.pcuk.org/essexhuntnorth/
Number Bibs – You will also be required to print your own bib numbers and bring them with you to the event.
A template will be made available to you. Competitors can write their number on an A4 piece of paper, but it must be clearly legible.
Remember to print one for each side of your number bib and one for your lorry or car. You will need 3
IMPORTANT COVID-19 RULES IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT & 18 RIDERS - SUPPORT:
IMPORTANT COVID-19 RULES IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE
PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE SCHEDULE
OWNERS, GROOMS AND SPECTATORS
You need to ensure you know how many people are allowed to accompany you:
- One rider and one support per horse
- Extra People / family members / Coaches / non-riding kids – Please don’t try and bring them – You will be eliminated and not allowed on site.
- No other spectators, trainers or owners.
- Everyone on site must observe social distancing rules.
UNDER 18 RIDERS – SUPPORT:
PARENTS/GUARDIANS AND CHILDREN
- Two parents/guardians are allowed, if absolutely necessary
- If two parents attend, no other family members / owners will be permitted
- Only competing children may attend
AT THE EVENT - ONLY REGISTERED PEOPLE ALLOWED ON SITE
AT THE EVENT – ONLY REGISTERED PEOPLE ALLOWED ON SITE
Do not attend if you or a family member has symptoms of Covid 19.
- Hat Tagging – Please contact an appropriate Steward or Information Point if you require hat tagging, which will be done in adherence to social distancing guidelines.
- Parking – You will be parked at safe distances from each other. Current recommendations are 10m apart if there is tying up allowed on both sides of your box; 5m where tying up is on one side only, and 3m apart where there is no tying up allowed. This allows social distancing to be maintained. You should maintain social distancing from everyone other than those from your own household or bubble.
- Passports and Numbers – You will not need to go to the entries secretary to have your vaccination record checked or to collect your number. EHNPC Officials on site will carry out random vaccinations checks in the horsebox park, and so you need to still remember to have your horses’ passports with you, but you will not be required to present your passport on arrival. You will have already printed your rider number/s and brought them with you.
- Warm Up – The warm up area for each phase will be clearly marked to show the number of horses allowable in each area. A steward will be managing this. You will not be able to enter if it creates overcrowding. Riders & Horses only in all warm-up areas – no helpers / parents on foot please – you may watch your competitor from the adjacent area, keeping 2m apart from others.
- Scores – No scoreboards or screens will be used at the event and all scores will be online.
- Dogs – Dogs are allowed and should be kept on leads at all times.
- Refreshments – On-event catering may be provided in line with current government guidance.
- Photographer – There will be a Photographer on site with online sales post event.
- Toilets and Waste Management – Toilets will be provided and cleaned regularly. Hand sanitising stations will be provided and members are encouraged to take home their rubbish and use their own toilets in their own lorries
YOU ARE EXPECTED TO RIDE ON YOUR ALLOCATED TIMES. IF YOU DO NOT DO SO, YOU RISK BEING UNABLE TO COMPETE.
As soon as you have finished competing please leave the site as quickly as possible.
RIDE COMPETE LEAVE
There will be a CLOCKWISE one way system in operation along Berwick Lane on the day of the event. You MUST turn left when leaving Berwick Farm.
Rules and Conditions of Entry
- ENTRIES CLOSE on Friday 7th May OR WHEN CLASSES ARE FULL. A waiting list will be kept. No entries taken on the day.
2. Riding Times will be posted on Essex Hunt North Pony Club on or before Friday 14th May. The course will be available to walk from 2 – 6pm on Saturday 15th May. In the event of adverse weather conditions, please check the website.
- The event is run under PC Eventing Rules 2020. Hats must be compliant with the current Pony Club rules please check Hat Rule 2020 for details. Hats and body protectors must be worn during the Cross Country. For cross-country riding over fences 80cms high and above, a jockey skull cap must be worn, with no fixed peak, peak type extensions or noticeable protuberances above the eyes or to the front and should have an even round or elliptical shape with a smooth or slightly abrasive surface. A removable hat cover with a light flexible peak may be used if required. It is also strongly recommended that a jockey skull cap is worn for cross-country riding over lower fences. All hats must be tagged with an aquamarine PC, BE or RC hat tag. Body protectors must meet BETA 2009 or 2018 Level 3 standard. Body Protector Rule 2020
- No recording device is permitted (e.g. hat cameras) as they may have a negative effect on the performance of the hat in the event of a fall.
- Medical armbands are advised for cross country if riders are not accompanied by a responsible adult. Unaccompanied riders should notify the secretary and give an emergency contact in case of an accident.
- Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis
- The organisers of this event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents. They must obey the instructions of the organisers and all officials and stewards.
- All non Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club insurance and must have their own third party cover. The Essex Hunt North Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non Members and their insurance will not cover you.
- Competitors who have been eliminated in the PC80 class may be allowed to continue over the rest of the course but must give way to following riders, and leave the course immediately if so directed by an official.
- Dogs MUST be kept on a leads.
- Horses/ponies must be 5 years old or over and may only enter one class.
- Stopwatches are allowed for PC90 & PC100.
- Copies of dressage tests can be found on Dressage Tests (pcuk.org)
- The Judge’s decision is final. Objections must be made in writing and accompanied by £20 deposit within 20 minutes of the results being displayed. The deposit will only be refunded if the objection is sustained.
All horses and ponies must be fully vaccinated against equine flu according to the Pony Club Rules. https://pcuk.org/search-the-pony-club/?q=vaccination+rule Please bring your passport when you collect your number. Spot checks will be carried out.
Volunteers - Fence Judges /Dressage Writers
- Fence Judges /Dressage Writers – If you know someone who can write for a dressage judge for half a day OR fence judge all day please let us know. Please supply their name and number on the entry form. In the event of too many entries priority will be given to those who can offer a volunteer for fence judging.
Refunds: Full refund up until closing date, after closing date refund only if replaced from the wait list.
Cancellation Policy – Should the event be cancelled for any reason the Organisers reserve the right to retain a proportion of the entry fees to cover their expenses.
ESSEX HUNT NORTH PONY CLUB ONE DAY EVENT is being organised by Essex Hunt North Pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings
Book this horse event below
Please note that this event allows for reserve bookings. A ticket marked 'Wait List' indicates that the class is currently full but we are allowing for Wait List bookings. Booking such a ticket does not guarantee you entry but adds you to the wait list. We will notify you if you make it onto the confirmed list or alternatively will refund your booking.