AVON VALE HUNT PONY CLUB CHRISTMAS PONY CLUB SHOW JUMPING Inc 70cm Championship Qualifier & Spring Festival Challenge & Debut Qualifiers
This Event is going ahead – please note if you are from a Tier 4 Area you will need to contact us for a refund.
AVON VALE HUNT PONY CLUB CHRISTMAS PONY CLUB SHOW JUMPING – Inc 70cm Championship Qualifier & Spring Festival Challenge & Debut Qualifiers
*Open to both PC members and non PC members – Team & Individual
See details for qualifying.
Online Entries ONLY https://www.horse-events.co.uk
NO LATE ENTRIES
TO BE RUN UNDER COVID 19 GUIDELINES SOCIAL DISTANCING must be adhered to PLEASE READ COVID INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!
Passports & Up to Date Vaccinations for Equines.
The following classes are available for the AVON VALE HUNT PONY CLUB CHRISTMAS PONY CLUB SHOW JUMPING Inc 70cm Championship Qualifier & Spring Festival Challenge & Debut Qualifiers
Entries & Entry Fees
ENTRIES:Online entries only at https://www.horse-events.co.uk
NO LATE ENTRIES
Class 1 & 2: £13.50 PER INDIVIDUAL
Classes 3, 4, 5 & 6 £14.50
All entries are subject to a non refundable booking fee of £1.35
Team rosettes to 6th in all classes
Individual rosettes to 6th in all classes.
Rosette for Best AVHPC member in each class.
Rosettes will be posted to DC’s after the competition
Results will be uploaded throughout the day to AVHPC website.
There will be no prize giving.
Times & Numbers
ENTRIES close on MONDAY 21st DECEMBER 2020
Entries will be accepted on a first come basis.
Times: will be given and will be available on pcuk.org/avonvale from Wednesday 23rd December. No changes will be allowed after this date. It is the competitor’s responsibility to keep an eye on how the class is running and be ready when required to jump.
Please print 3 Numbers – 2 for your bib, 1 to display in the windscreen
- Everyone on site must adhere to Government guidance
- Social distancing AT ALL TIMES, anyone feeling unwell must NOT attend
- Park 5m away from the next vehicle. Follow instruction from car park attendants.
- Please print 3 Numbers – 2 for your bib, 1 to display in the windscreen.
- Each horse & rider combination may have only ONE supporter which may be a parent/driver/ groom. So, 2 horses and 1 rider means 2 supporters. The supporter(s) must be named on the Entry Form and checks will be made at the Lorry Park entrance. NO additional spectators are permitted. Children must not be left unattended at any time.
- Warm-up arena will be stewarded and a maximum of 5 competitors (those due in jumping order) allowed at any time.
- 1 supporter per competitor allowed by the warm-up arena.
- The downstairs viewing is open to the supporter of the rider (no spectators) only whilst they are competing.
- There will not be a Secretary on the day – any objections must be made to Katharine McNamara (event organiser).
- SAFETY TACK INSPECTION – due to Covid-19 there will not be a tack inspection but competitors (or the accompanying adult) are responsible for the safety of their equipment and compliance to Pony Club rules.
- Face masks are mandatory for Course Walks and Social Distancing must be observed.
ARRIVE / COMPETE / LEAVE
Details of the Spring Festival Competition and ELIGIBILITY rules can be found at on the Pony Club Website at https://pcuk.org/sports/show-jumping/competitions-and-events/spring-festival-show-jumping/
Details for the 70cm SJ Championship can be found on the AVHPC website.
Non PC competitors: If your hat is not tagged by BE/BD/BS, please ensure you request a PC hat tag prior to competing.
Withdrawals & Substitutions
Withdrawal: Please email email@example.com
NO entries will be accepted without payment.
No entries or changes by text or Facebook.
No entries, changes or substitutions on the day.
If you would like to edit your horse or rider details before the closing date of the event please login to your account and edit your booking under the ‘MY BOOKING’ Tab
If you would like to change the class please email firstname.lastname@example.org and if there is space available we will do this for you.
Refunds: NO refunds after times have been posted. In the event of cancellation entry fees will be refunded less the Horse Events booking fee.
PLEASE RESPECT & OBEY THE CAR PARKING ATTENDANTS AND STEWARDS AT ALL TIMES!
PARKING IS VERY LIMITED – CARS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARK NEXT TO THE LORRIES.
Dogs must be kept on a short lead at all times, and are NOT allowed in the indoor school
West Wilts compromises of 4 All weather arena and host a full schedule of competition throughout the year. It also host a BE standard Cross country Course.
INDOOR SCHOOL: Arena 1
The Indoor school is a generous 72m x 30.5m with a sand and clopf ® fibre surface, overlooked by a heated viewing gallery which accommodates 100 people (tiered seating for 50 and tables and chairs plus standing for a further 50).
A private Sponsors room (6m x 6m) is adjacent to the gallery and also overlooks the main arena. Beneath the gallery is a refreshment area for use at competitions or as and when required.
Hot and cold drinks are available from the office and a cafeteria is open during the busier competitions. The service area to main arena incorporates the toilets.
OUTDOOR ARENA: Arena 2
The outdoor arena is 60m x 20m and has a silica sand and clopf ® fibre surface, and is used as a warm-up arena for both dressage and show-jumping competitions.
OUTDOOR ARENA: Arena 3
A purpose built Judges Box/ Show Secretary Office is adjacent to the arena with full Timing/ PA system.The large Outdoor School measures 80m x 55m with a sand and clopf® fibre surface and is surrounded by a bank with benches for viewing and disabled parking.
OUTDOOR ARENA: Arena 4
Warm up area for Arena 3. 30m x 50m with a Silica Sand/ Clopf ® fibre surface. Arenas 3 & 4 may be joined together (if required) to gave an arena 130m long and 55m wide over 80m and 30m wide for the remaining 50m
Terms and Conditions
RULES- All competitors and their parents MUST read the rules thoroughly & abide by them
- ENTRIES close on MONDAY 21st DECEMBER 2020 Entries will be accepted on a first come basis. No entries or changes by text or Facebook. No entries, changes or substitutions on the day.
- All classes include teams of 3/4 different members from the same pony club. No mixed teams. Best 3 scores to count. You may enter as an individual. All team members will also be judged as individuals. Entries in all classes will be limited and when a class is full it will be closed. No riders may be led or assisted
- Age as at 1st January 2020.
- All classes will be run as single phase First phase; 5-7 obstacles not against the clock with time allowed. Unless eliminated, continue straight on to the second phase without a bell being rung. Second phase; 5 -7 obstacles which must be higher than the first phase ( max 12 obstacles in all) Competitors are placed on total faults from both phases and time taken in second phase. See PCSJ rule book 2020
- The competition will be judged under PONY CLUB SHOW JUMPING RULE BOOK 2020 and The Pony Club Spring Festival Show Jumping Rules.
- Classes 1,2 & 3 and Classes 5 & 6 will be run over the same track. Course changes for Classes 4 & 5.
- All Pony Club members must wear tagged British Standard approved hardhats to standard: PAS 015 or 2011, VGI, Snell E2001, AS/NZS 3838 (2006 onwards) or ATSM F1163.
- All non-Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club insurance and must have their own third-party cover. The Avon Vale Hunt Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non-Members and their insurance will not cover you.
- In all Pony Club Show Jumping, excessive use of the whip, including repeated slapping down the shoulder, is prohibited. The rules state that the whip may be used a maximum of three times during any round. Use of the whip will be monitored and excessive use may result in elimination at the discretion of the judges.
- Horses/ponies may not compete more than once in each class and no more than 3 classes.
- NO entries will be accepted without payment. NO refunds after times have been posted. In the event of cancellation entry fees will be refunded less the Horse Events booking fee.
- Clothing- Securely fastened tinsel will be allowed on horses/riders. Christmas Jumpers may be worn instead of jackets. Stocks /ties to be worn.
- Times will be given and will be available on pcuk.org/avonvale from Wednesday 23rd December. No changes will be allowed after this date. It is the competitor’s responsibility to keep an eye on how the class is running and be ready when required to jump.
- Judge’s decision is final. Objections to event organiser within 30 minutes of the incident with £20 refundable at the discretion of the AVHPC Committee.
- Please respect the Christmas Period and do not phone the secretary between December 25th – 26th. Emails over this period will be answered before the competition.
- Riding- in only in designated areas, not on the fields!
- Please pick up all droppings and hay left by your horse.
HEALTH AND SAFETY Organisers of this event have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the Health and Safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and all the officials and stewards.
LEGAL LIABILITY Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis
PLEASE RESPECT & OBEY THE CAR PARKING ATTENDANTS AND STEWARDS AT ALL TIMES!
PARKING IS VERY LIMITED.
CARS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PARK NEXT TO THE LORRIES.
AVON VALE HUNT PONY CLUB CHRISTMAS PONY CLUB SHOW JUMPING Inc 70cm Championship Qualifier & Spring Festival Challenge & Debut Qualifiers is being organised by Avon Vale Hunt Pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings
Book this horse event below
Please note that this event allows for reserve bookings. A ticket marked 'Wait List' indicates that the class is currently full but we are allowing for Wait List bookings. Booking such a ticket does not guarantee you entry but adds you to the wait list. We will notify you if you make it onto the confirmed list or alternatively will refund your booking.