VWH Fun Ride Cirencester Park
VWH Fun Ride Cirencester Park
By kind permission of The Bathurst Estate.
With the advantage of no road work and unlimited space we again welcome all ages and abilities. Our well organised fun ride is great as a schooling session for the young horse with a huge variety of inviting optional fences of all sizes – equally as fun for the experienced partnerships who want to go round at their own pace.
With clearly signed trails covering over 10 miles of parkland in Gloucestershire’s most beautiful country estate, the park boasts some of the most stunning vistas in England. Spring is a fantastic time of year to appreciate the seasonal colours of historic woodland and wide sweeping tree lined avenues. So come and make a day of it!
FIRST RIDERS 10am – LAST RIDERS 2.30pm
(entry via Two Mile Lodge, Stroud Road,GL7 6JT)
We are proud to support the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Service
Wiltshire Air Ambulance rely solely on donations from the public to keep flying – please make a donation by clicking on this link to their Just Giving page. Thank you.”
VWH Fun Rides (stay up to date with frequent posts by liking our Facebook group)
The following classes are available for the VWH Fun Ride Cirencester Park
Entries & Entry Fees
Pre bookings online up until Thursday 14th April
Enter online at www.horse-events.co.uk
Pre Entry Fees
Children under 14 £15.00
On the day Entry Fees
Entry fee includes paramedic’s costs
Please note there is a £1.35 non refundable booking fee
Postal entries will be accepted only using the correct entry form which can be downloaded here
Professional photographer/photos to take home on the day
Children’s easter egg hunt
Automatic entry into our raffle – great prizes including free entry for a group of up to 5 people at the 2018 vwh autumn fun ride
Beautiful Parkland on the edge of Cirencester, host to the VWH fun ride with dozens of rustic and inviting fences for all ages and abilities
1. Take the M4 motorway to the WEST out of London.
2. Exit the M4 motorway at JUNCTION 15 (Swindon East).
3. Taking a RIGHT turn at the motorway roundabout, Proceed NORTH up the A417 to Cirencester.
4. Exit the dual carriageway at the sign marked ‘CIRENCESTER INDUSTRIAL ESTATE’
5. Follow signs to the Royal Agricultural College and Stroud (you will go over 4 roundabouts)
6. Hopefully you will now be on the A419 to MINCHINHAMPTON & STROUD
7. The entrance to the park is approximately 1 mile from the last roundabout. You will notice Cirencester Park Polo Club signs opposite the entrance which is on the right.
1. Leave the M5 at Junction 11a to Cirencester on the A417 to the Airballoon roundabout. Take the second exit towards Cirencester and continue on the A417 over the next roundabout signed Cirencester and M4
2. After approximately 7 miles exit at the junction signed Stow and Cirencester and at the roundabout take the 4th exit A429 – towards Cirencester. Go straight over the next roundabout.
3. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit Following signs the The Royal Agricultural College (RAC) and Stroud on the A419. 4. You will go over three more roundabouts.
5. After the roundabout by the hospital you will go up a hill still following the A419
6. Take the second exit at the roundabout at the top of the hill on the A419 to Stroud, you will pass the RAC on the left
7. After another mile the entrance to the park is on the right hand side with signage on the opposite side of the road.
Please ensure that you adhere to the 20 MPH speed limit set in the park.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
A. Please follow entry and exit signs on the roads
B. All riders will report to the Secretary at start to receive numbers.
C. Any riders without a number will be ejected from the course by the Stewards.
D. No rider may start until money has been received by the Hon. Secretary.
E. STARTING – Riders may start at a time to suit themselves between 10 a.m. and 2.30 p.m. No start time will be given.
F. Riders are requested to wear hats that comply with the current safety standards.
G. Horses and ponies to be four years old and over.
H. The V.W.H. Hunt organising committee and landowners accept no liability for any damage to person, horse or property, however caused.
I. ROSETTES. All Riders completing the course will be given a rosette.
J. No dogs to be taken on the ride by horse riders.
K. All cars, lorries and horseboxes are parked at owners risk. No responsibility is accepted for damage to or loss from the above parked on the ground.
L. Please remember all your tack and equipment
M. No refund without vet certificate
N. Horses & Ponies may only compete one day not both.
O. No overnight stay in Cirencester Park; it closes at 5pm, you will be asked to leave.
VWH Fun Ride Cirencester Park is being organised by VWH Hunt and the booking agent is Equine Bookings