Venue: Pontispool Equine Sports Centre(Login to see distance from you)
Pontispool is one of the country’s leading competition and schooling venues. A professional and innovative centre, it caters for all levels of horsemanship across various equestrian disciplines.
The Wychanger All-weather Arena
The Wychanger main arena can be used for dressage, show jumping, arena cross country, gymkana games and showing.
- 11,000 sq m Main Arena which can be sub-divided
- BSJA show jumps
- Top quality fibresand and rubber surfaces supplied by Equestrian Surfaces
Cross Country Course
The course meanders through the parkland of Monty’s Court and traditional Somerset countryside. The terrain is mildly undulating and the old turf provides good going throughout most of the year. The course is fully accredited by British Eventing, the Riding Club and the Pony Club.
- Open from February to November, weather permitting
- Set in 200 acres of parkland
- In excess of 200 fences, including ditches, banks and steps
- 2 water complexes
- 2 quarry complexes
- All-weather take offs and landings
- Well built solid obstacles to British Eventing standard
- Open fences: 85cm to 1.15m
- Novice fences: 70cm to 80cm
- Minimus fences: 40cm to 60cm
- BE 80 – BE Intermediate courses
- Old turf provides good going
- Ground aerovated for competitions
Cafe and Catering
The cafe will be open or on-site catering will be available for most shows and events here at Pontispool. We will provide a wide variety of food from children’s meals to banquets, so don’t bother to pack your sandwiches! The air conditioned cafeteria/function room can also be hired for club functions and private parties. Please contact the office on 01823 461196.
Stabling for up to 49 horses
3 tack/storage rooms
Stabling is available on site at a cost of £15 per day or £28 per night. Straw and hay can be purchased on site at market price and by prior arrangement.
The gallop is circular, six furlongs with a slight incline, and the surface has been manufactured by Equestrian Surfaces, using a unique all-fibre composition that is non-slip.
The surface will not freeze, no matter how low the temperature is and the gallop can be used to do long, slow work, interval training or short and sharp pieces of work. For event riders it’s perfect for building stamina.