Venue: Brackenhurst Equestrian Centre(Login to see distance from you)
Located at Nottingham University facilities include
Mary King Arena
The centre’s 60 x 40 metres indoor riding arena includes:
- a 279-person seating gallery
- indoor cross country and show jumps
- a camera system to record training and research
- a large screen with a record and playback facility.
Outdoor riding school
- 60 x 40 metres with waxed sand and fibre surface
- enclosed by fences
- fully floodlit
- full range of showjumps and 3 cross country fences.
- 40 x 20 metres waxed sand surface enclosed by fencing to allow loose schooling
- observation holes in the fence to reduce influence on natural behaviour.
- a variety of housing for stabling horses from individual stabling in American barns to crew yards and pens
Located a short drive from our main equestrian centre, Park Hill is home to:
- five re-homed semi-feral ponies
- grazing paddocks with field shelters, a round pen and an all-weather surface area for working with the horses.
Equine Centre Classroom
- seats 24
- fully installed audio visual equipment.
- with stabling for over 30 DIY student liveries
Performance Analysis Room
- mechanical horse
- iJoy Ride
- Balimo chair
- Tekscan pressure testing equipment and mirrors.
- computer equipment for use during project work
- used for downloading data from cameras, heart rate monitors, mobile eye and other data collecting equipment.
And much more…
- cross country schooling paddock
- horse walker
- round pens for lunging / research
- stocks and solarium
- project rooms for staff and student research
- large lecture rooms
- laboratory facilities.