SEG Eventing Championships
The SEG Eventing Championships gives children the opportunity to compete for their schools and qualify for the Schools Equestrian Games Eventing Championships.
This is a prestigious series and is the recognised Eventing Championships for all schools, we welcome international schools to compete as well.
How to Qualify
- Top 8 qualify in each SEG section at qualifying competitions
If qualified for unaffiliated Eventing Championships can transfer to compete in SEG if you wish.
- Throughout the season the competitions are individual qualifiers
– Teams will then be made at the championships if a schools has enough members from their school who have qualified individually to make up a team. (minimum of 3 in a team)
- Teams- Maximum of 2 teams per school per height at the championships.
- Qualification is passed down the line in the event that those placed have previously qualified.
- The same horse and rider combination qualify- no substitutions can be made.
- Each competitor rides for the school they currently attend – school leavers (17/18 years) ride for their previous school.
Championship criteria for all qualifiers
In the event of qualifying for two heights the combination must compete at the championship at the highest height they qualified for.
No horse or rider substitutions at the championships
For Unaffiliated Amateur riders that have qualified and are riding a young horse or at School age the rider can decide which championship class they would like to be entered into. If choosing the Schools Equestrian Games section.
(please ensure your School is registered with us by the 30th September 2022.
In the event of Qualifying for multiple championship classes you will need to decide which championships you compete in. (Amateur, Young horse or SEG)
Qualifiying Dates With Direct SEG Qualification
- 2nd & 3rd April Calmsden, Gloucestershire
- 15th & 16th April Broadway Worcestershire
- 30th April 1st & 2nd May Swalcliffe, Oxfordshire
- 2nd & 3rd June Elmwood Equestrian, Oxfordshire
- 25th & 26th June Bengrove, Worcestershire
- 9th & 10th July Broadway Worcestershire
- 6th & 7th August Elmwood Equestrian, Oxfordshire
- 27th & 28th August Dauntsey Park, Wiltshire
- 10th & 11th September Swalcliffe, Oxfordshire
- 24th & 25th September Blundells ODE Pontispool, Somerset
Additional Qualifiying Events for Horse Events Unaffiliated Eventing National Qualifier which can directly qualify as an SEG Eventing Qualifer if child is of School age
- 26th & 27th March Offchurchbury Unaffiliated ODE, Warwickshire
- 9th & 10th April Aston Le Walls, Northants
- 10th April Sapey, Herfordshire
- 24th April Blankney PC ODE, Norton Disney, Lincolnshire
- 2nd May Frenchfield Park Unaffiliated Horse Trials, Cumbria
- 15th May Aston Le Walls, Northants
- 29th May Sapey, Herfordshire
- 30th May Houghton Unaffiliated Horse Trials
- 5th June Silverton PC ODE, Pontispool, Somerset
- 12th June Aston Le Walls, Northants
- 18th June Sapey, Herfordshire
- 3rd July Burghley Pony Club ODE, Burghley Park, Leicestershire
- 10th July Warwick Hall Unaffiliated Horse Trials, Cumbria
- 6th & 7th August Cholmondeley Castle Unaffiliated Horse Trials
- 14th August Aston Le Walls, Northants
- 11th September Frenchfield Park Unaffiliated Horse Trials, Cumbria
- 24th & 25th September Cirencester Park – TBC