SEG Eventing Championships
The SEG Eventing Championships gives children the opportunity to compete for their schools and qualify for the Schools Equestrian Games Eventing Championships.
This is a prestigious series and is the recognised Eventing Championships for all schools, we welcome international schools to compete as well.
How to Qualify
- Top 8 qualify in each SEG section at qualifying competitions
If qualified for unaffiliated Eventing Championships can transfer to compete in SEG if you wish.
- Throughout the season the competitions are individual qualifiers
– Teams will then be made at the championships if a schools has enough members from their school who have qualified individually to make up a team. (minimum of 3 in a team)
- Teams- Maximum of 2 teams per school per height at the championships.
- Qualification is passed down the line in the event that those placed have previously qualified.
- The same horse and rider combination qualify- no substitutions can be made.
- Each competitor rides for the school they currently attend – school leavers (17/18 years) ride for their previous school.
Championship criteria for all qualifiers
In the event of qualifying for two heights the combination must compete at the championship at the highest height they qualified for.
No horse or rider substitutions at the championships
For Unaffiliated Amateur riders that have qualified and are riding a young horse or at School age the rider can decide which championship class they would like to be entered into. If choosing the Schools Equestrian Games section.
(please ensure your School is registered with us by the 30th September 2022.
In the event of Qualifying for multiple championship classes you will need to decide which championships you compete in. (Amateur, Young horse or SEG)
Qualifiying Dates With Direct SEG Qualification to the Champiosnhips on 23rd & 24th September Dauntsey championships SN15 5JA
25th & 26th March
15th & 16th April Swalcliffe OX15 5EX
30th April & 1st May Goring, RG8 7RT
13th & 14th May Calmsden GL7 5EU
28th May & 29th May Broadway WR12 7JS
10th & 11th June Elmwood OX18 2HW
24th & 25th June Bengrove GL20 8JB
5th & 6th August Elmwood OX18 2HW
26th & 27th August Broadway WR12 7JS
9th & 10th September Swalcliffe OX15 5EX
Additional Qualifiying Events for Horse Events Unaffiliated Eventing National Qualifier which can CAN BE CONVERTED to qualify as an SEG Eventing Qualifier if child is of School age
Further Dates & Venues can be found here