West Kent (Sevenoaks) Branch of the Pony Club Show Jumping and dressage competition
West Kent (Sevenoaks) Branch of the Pony Club Interbranch Show Jumping & Dressage Competition
Monday 23rd October 2023
Felbridge Show Centre, Copthorne Road, Felbridge, East Grinstead RH19 2NU
Open to all Pony Club members.
Course designer: Shaun Marsh
All entries via horse-events.co.uk
Entries close Sunday 15th October 2023 (or earlier if over-subscribed)
No entries taken on the day.
Please bring your horse’s passport with you as vaccination records will be spot-checked. All horses must have a valid
equine flu vaccination
All tests can be downloaded from the Pony Club website: https://pcuk.org/sports/dressage/dressage-tests/
We are very grateful to all our sponsors for their generous support:
SEA CLIMATE KENT
TONBRIDGE HORSEBOX HIRE
BARR EQUINE VETERINARY
First aid: Event Medic Services
Official photographer: Felbridge Photography
Onsite café open all day
Dogs are allowed on a short lead and under the control of a responsible adult
The following classes are available for the West Kent (Sevenoaks) Branch of the Pony Club Show Jumping and dressage competition
Entries and Entry Fees
All entries via horse-events.co.uk.
All classes £15 per entry (£13 for WKSPC members) plus a non-refundable booking fee of £1.45.
Price includes first aid.
Both competitions to be run under Pony Club rules 2023.
Please bring your horse’s passport with you as vaccination records will be spot-checked. All horses must have a valid equine flu vaccination
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN NUMBER BIB. Numbers for printing and times will be available on
www.ponyclubresults.co.uk on the evening of Friday 20th October 2023
Results will be published online at www.ponyclubresults.co.uk
Rosettes to 6th place and a trophy for highest-placed WKSPC member in each class.
Dressage Test & Results
Rules and conditions for both competitions
Any requests for reasonable adjustment must be made to the secretary by the closing date. Link to the Pony Club
Reasonable Adjustment information: https://pcuk.org/officials/equality-diversity/reasonable-adjustment/.
Rules and conditions for both competitions
1. If you would like to edit your horse or rider details before the closing date of the event, please log in to your horse-events account and edit your booking under the ‘my booking’ tab.
2. If you would like to change the class please email email@example.com and, if there is space available, they will do this for you.
3. For ALL changes of horse and rider substitutions after the closing date there is a £5 charge. Please fill out the form online at https://www.horse-events.co.uk/rider-horse-substitutions-form/
4. Riders/combinations may enter either competition, or both. The competitions will be run separately i.e. dressage and jumping scores will not be linked in any way. If a rider is competing in both dressage and show jumping, only one first aid fee is payable.
5. Show jumping classes will be run under Pony Club show jumping rules 2023; dressage classes will be run under
Pony Club dressage rules 2023.
6. Entries to be made online via horse-events.co.uk and will close on Sunday 15th October 2023. Entries will be limited, and no entries will be taken on the day.
7. All team members are automatically entered for the individual competition.
8. All hats must be tagged. Body protectors, if worn, must be BETA 2009 Level 3 (purple tag) or BETA 2018 Level 3
(blue and black label).
9. The decision of the judge is final.
10. Objections are to be made to the secretary in writing, within half an hour of the disputed event, together with a deposit of £10 which will be refunded should be objection be upheld.
11. Entries will not be refunded unless a doctor’s or vet’s certificate is produced.
12. In the event of cancellation, £2 of the entry will be retained to defray costs.
13. The organisers reserve the right to cancel, amend or add to the classes as they see fit.
14. Please park courteously and follow the instructions of the parking steward.
15. Horses must not be left unattended while tied up to your lorry/trailer.
16. Please clear up all droppings, hay and litter and take them home with you.
17. Payment of the entry fee shall be deemed to be an acceptance of the above rules and conditions.
Additional show jumping rules
1. No combination of horse and rider can enter more than two jumping classes. No horse may compete twice in
the same class.
2. All classes will run as a single phase competition. The course will be in two parts with the second part timed. All
will jump against the clock immediately after the first part, even with faults, unless eliminated. Winner is the
rider with the fewest (or zero) faults with the fastest time in the second section.
3. No spurs will be allowed in classes 1, 2, 3 and 4
4. Assistance is permitted in classes 2 and 3, if desired. Assistance can take the form of an adult in the ring or at
the ringside who can talk to the rider and provide verbal encouragement. They must not touch any part of the
rider, pony or their clothing/tack, use a whip, or in any way interfere physically with pony or rider during their
round. The person assisting may not jump the jumps or run around the arena directly in front of or behind the
pony and rider (i.e. cannot chase or be followed by the competitor).
5. Show jumping teams to consist of three or four members of the same Branch of the Pony Club. Some mixed PC
teams may be put together by the secretary at her discretion. Best three scores will count.
6. Please note the PC rules on whips for jumping. Riders will be eliminated for inappropriate use of the whip:
• Riders must not hit their horse/pony before the start of the course and may be eliminated for doing so,
at the Judge’s discretion.
• A whip, if carried, must be held in the hand by the handle with the handle at the top. The whip must be
padded and comply with the current PC rules.
• At all times, the whip must only be used:
– For a good reason, as an aid to encourage the horse forward.
– At an appropriate time, namely when the horse is reluctant to go forward under normal aids of
seat and legs.
-In the right place, namely down the shoulder or behind the leg but never overarm.
-With appropriate severity.
-No more than twice for any one incident.
-Excessive use of the whip anywhere on the showground will result in disqualification: Use of the
whip to vent a competitor’s anger is always excessive. Use of a whip which causes injury e.g.
broken skin or a weal, is always excessive. Use after elimination or retirement is always
excessive. Use on a horse’s head, neck etc. is always excessive. Using the whip from the ground
after a rider fall or dismount is always excessive. If the rider’s arm comes above the shoulder
when using the whip, this is always excessive
WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS
Entries will not be refunded unless a doctor’s or vet’s certificate is produced
Closing Date 15th Oct 2023 at midnight
In the event of cancellation, £2 of the entry will be retained to defray costs.
All entries are subject to a non refundable booking fee as stated online
Hilden Feeds Animal feeds and bedding at competitive prices. Delivery available. Hardwick Park Farm, Coldharbour Lane, Hildenborough TN11 9LE 01732 834951
Open 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am-1.30pm Saturday
RG Plant offers a wide range of groundworks services, including landscaping, drainage and sand schools. Call Richard on 07831 847330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RHODEN REHAB: Five star care and facilities to support your horse through rehabilitation or improve fitness and performance. Water treadmill, combi floor, solarium and livery services. Visit www.rhodenrehab.com email email@example.com or call 07545 590365.
SEA CLIMATE KENT: Our salt & oxygen therapy provides a natural, non-invasive, drug-free treatment to enhance horses’ lung function and promote healthier skin and coat. Great for allergies and respiratory conditions. And we come to you! Call 07545 590365 to enquire or book.
TONBRIDGE HORSEBOX HIRE : 3.5T horsebox self-drive hire covering Kent, Surrey and Sussex. An efficient, professional service offering a modern fleet of immaculate, easy-to-drive lorries at competitive rates. Visit www.thhire.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07746 712505 to enquire or book.
BARR EQUINE With over 20 years’ experience, equine vet Liz Barr is an RCVS-recognised specialist in surgery (orthopaedics) with a particular expertise in lameness diagnosis and treatment. Visit www.barrequine.co.uk, email email@example.com or call 01732 922041.
Terms and Conditions
Health & safety
Organisers of this event have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organisers and all the officials and stewards.
Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other person or property whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
West Kent (Sevenoaks) Branch of the Pony Club Show Jumping and dressage competition is being organised by West Kent Pony Club (Sevenoaks) and the booking agent is Equine Bookings
Book this horse event below
Please note that this event allows for reserve bookings. A ticket marked 'Wait List' indicates that the class is currently full but we are allowing for Wait List bookings. Booking such a ticket does not guarantee you entry but adds you to the wait list. We will notify you if you make it onto the confirmed list or alternatively will refund your booking.