VWH Summer Ride
VWH Summer Ride
It’s summer and Covid 19 restrictions have eased enough for the VWH to open their Summer Ride. Approximately 12km of hacking with a number of jumping areas including a Clear Round in wonderful grasslands and woods nr Malmesbury, Wiltshire
Approximately 50-60 jumps spread throughout the course. Clear Round Showjumping at halfway point
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER Lottie Stanyon. MEDICAL ATTENDANCE
VWH NOSEBAG for burgers, bacon butties, tea and coffee. MIDWAY REFRESHMENTS
Only advance bookings, please book your time slot AM/PM Times will be emailed to you
Enquiries to email email@example.com
We are proud to support Wiltshire Air
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER ON COURSE
VWH NOSEBAG FOR BURGERS, BACON BUTTIES, TEA, COFFEE MIDWAY REFRESHMENTS
The following classes are available for the VWH Summer Ride
Entries & Entry Fees
Online entries at http://www.horse-events.co.uk
Adults £20 in advance, under 16’s £15 plus £1.35 non refundable booking fee
Family Group (2 x adults + 2 x children) £50 plus a £1.75 non refundable booking fee
Club Group (4 x adults) £60 plus a £1.75 non refundable booking fee
FIRST RIDERS 9:30am – LAST RIDERS 2:30pm
START TIMES WILL BE EMAILED PLEASE CHOOSE IF YOU PREFER AM / PM WHEN BOOKING
Support Cover / Rules
|· First Aid support will be present.
· No farrier will be present on the day
· A vet will be on call and you are asked to bring your own water and not leave horse droppings, straw or other bedding when you leave the parking area.
· VWH Nosebag and Half Way Refreshments.
· On site photography.
|1. All entries and payments will be made on-line.
2. Bring your own face covering or mask and hand sanitiser, there will be sanitiser available but be safe.
3. No entries will be taken on the day. No cash payments.
4. Riders will be given a number when their entry is received, and it will be their responsibility to bring the number with them, which should be clearly visible from a minimum of 2 metres.
5. The number can be worn on any of the following locations: –
a. Saddle cloth –
b. Bridle, as long as it does not compromise the horse/ pony’s vision or comfort.
c. On the rider in a number bib or tied around the waist/ arm/ leg with string (string to be provided by the rider.
6. Groups will be restricted to a maximum of 6.
7. Lorries and trailers must spread out.
8. Riders must ride with control, within theirs and their horses capabilities.
9. Passing is permitted but at the walk or trot giving warning.
10. Follow the signed route only (yellow arrows on a blue background).
11. Take note of the waymarkers and the emergency phone numbers published at the start.
12. There will be a toilet on site but you must wear a mask / face covering when using, clean your hands both before and after.
13. As it is an outdoor event, masks/ face coverings are not necessary, bar in the toilets.
14. On completion of the ride, make sure you go through the finish and then please load up and leave in a timely manner.
15. All riders must have 3rd party liability insurance, passports and horses should have been vaccinated against flu in the last 12 months. You should carry evidence of all with you.
16. Please observe standard social distancing measures:
a. Stay a minimum of 2m apart from people not from the same household when mounted and on the ground.
b. No handshaking or hugging.
c. Please cough or sneeze into a tissue, which should be taken home with you and discarded in a closed topped bin.
d. Wash/ sanitise your hands regularly and especially after touching something that has been touched by other people
e. Anyone (including non-riding support crew) found to be in breach of the above will be asked to leave, no refund of entry fee will be made.
|Riding horses is a high-risk sport and riders taking part in this and other rides acknowledge this and do so at their own risk. The VWH Hunt will not be accountable or responsible for any loss, damage or injury to rider, horse or equipment howsoever caused, including Covid-19.
OS Grid Ref: ST 97784 92639 Latitude: 51° 37′ 57″ / N Longitude: 2° 2′ 0″ W
Post Code (aprox) SN16 9HW
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Please follow all signage including entry and exit signs on the roads
- All riders please report to the Secretary at start to receive numbers
- Any riders without a number may be ejected from the course by the Stewards.
- No rider may start until money has been received by the Hon. Secretary.
- STARTING – Riders may start at a time to suit themselves between 9:30 and 14:00 No start times will be given.
- Riders will not be permitted to start if they’re not wearing hats, that comply with current safety standards, and tack is considered not to be of a suitably safe standard.
- Horses and ponies to be four years old and over.
- ROSETTES. All Riders completing the course will be given a rosette.
- Dogs are not permitted in Cirencester Park.
- All cars, lorries and horseboxes are parked at owners risk. No responsibility is accepted for damage to or loss from the above parked on the ground.
- No refund without vet certificate
- Veterinary assistance will be on call at your own expense this may also include a call out fee depending on the vet used.
- Horses & Ponies may only compete once per event.
- No overnight stay in Cirencester Park; it closes at 5pm, you will be asked to leave.
- The organisers and landowners do not accept any responsibility or liability for any accident, damage, injury or illness to any person, animal or property whatsoever arising out of, or at, this event.
- Riders must report to the finish on completing the ride.
- A paramedic will be in attendance.
- All participants aged under 16 must be accompanied by a riding adult.
- Horses taking part in such events should be vaccinated every 6 months and at least once a year.
VWH Summer Ride is being organised by and the booking agent is Equine Bookings