VWH SPRING RIDE 2021
VWH SPRING RIDE
By kind permission of the Earl Bathurst
It’s Spring and Covid 19 restrictions continue but the Govt allows organised sporting events to start after 28th March as long as participants and organisers comply.
We have done our best so please follow the instructions and keep an eye on our VWH FB page.
Based in Cirencester Park at the Ivy Lodge Polo Ground, we welcome all ages and abilities making our fun ride a great schooling session or a fun hack for all the family. There is a huge variety of inviting optional fences catering for more experienced partnerships as well as complete novices.
With clearly signed trails covering over 10 miles of parkland in one of England’s most stunning estates, the Park boasts the most beautiful vistas with options for , 4, 6, 8 and 10 mile routes.
SAT FIRST RIDERS 10am – LAST RIDERS 2.30pm
SUN FIRST RIDERS 9AM – LAST RIDERS 1.30pm
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER, Lottie Stanyon
VWH NOSEBAG for burgers, bacon butties, tea and coffee (card only).
No farrier will be present on the day
A vet will be on call and you are asked to bring your own water and not leave horse droppings, straw, or other bedding when you leave the parking area.
Proudly supporting the Wiltshire Air Ambulance with raffle and donations
The following classes are available for the VWH SPRING RIDE 2021
Entries & Entry Fees
All entries and payments ONLY made on-line at http://www.horse-events.co.uk
Book a 30 minute time slot, you will need to arrive before the time slot begins and be ready to start within the half hour you have booked.
Groups / Family please enter lead group name at the point of booking
No entries will be taken on the day. No cash payments.
Entry Fee: Adults £25 under 16’s £20
Family Group (2 x adults + 3 x children) £75
Family Group ( up to 6) £100
All entries are subject to a non refundable booking fee of £1.45 – £2
Rules of the Event:
|1. All entries and payments will be made on-line.
2. Bring your own face covering or mask and hand sanitiser, there will be sanitiser available but be safe.
3. No entries will be taken on the day. No cash payments.
4. Riders in a group please know the name of your group leader
5. Groups will be restricted to a maximum of 6.
6. Lorries and trailers must spread out.
7. Riders must ride with control, within theirs and their horses capabilities.
8. Passing is permitted but at the walk or trot giving warning.
9. Follow the signed route only (yellow arrows on a blue background).
10. Take note of the waymarkers and the emergency phone numbers published at the start.
11. There will be a toilet on site but you must wear a mask / face covering when using, clean your hands both before and after.
12. As it is an outdoor event, masks/ face coverings are not necessary, bar in the toilets.
13. On completion of the ride, make sure you go through the finish and then please load up and leave in a timely manner.
14. All riders must have 3rd party liability insurance, passports and horses should have been vaccinated against flu in the last 12 months. You should carry evidence of all with you.
15. Please observe standard social distancing measures:
a. Stay a minimum of 2m apart from people not from the same household when mounted and on the ground.
b. No handshaking or hugging.
c. Please cough or sneeze into a tissue, which should be taken home with you and discarded in a closed topped bin.
d. Wash/ sanitise your hands regularly and especially after touching something that has been touched by other people
e. Anyone (including non-riding support crew) found to be in breach of the above will be asked to leave, no refund of entry fee will be made.
|Riding horses is a high-risk sport and riders taking part in this and other rides acknowledge this and do so at their own risk. The VWH Hunt will not be accountable or responsible for any loss, damage or injury to rider, horse or equipment howsoever caused, including Covid-19.|
Conditions of Entry
|CONDITIONS OF ENTRY (Summary)|
|1. All riders must report to the start and on completion of the ride, to the finish.
2. Follow all directions and requests from Marshals who are volunteers and there to help you.
3. Riders retiring early must inform one of the stewards stationed on the course.
4. Good riding manners and common sense are requested at all times.
5. Hard hats and suitable clothing must be worn at all times.
6. Horses to start between 09.30 am and 14:30. Riders are to abide by the Government guidelines due to the Coronavirus. (follow updates on FB)
7. This ride is only suitable for riders experienced enough to ride across open country. There is no lower age limit for riders, but children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
8. Horses and ponies must be 4 years and over.
9. Participants must have at least one mobile phone per group.
10. Sorry No dogs, cyclists but you are free to walk.
Covid 19 Measures
Coronavirus (p.s. these will change as the Govt updates conditions).
We have had to make a few changes to our systems to enable us to operate within government guidelines, please help us to help you by following terms and conditions:
By attending the VWH Summer Fun Ride attendees acknowledge and agree that although the V.W.H Hunt has taken every precaution and follows Government Guidance, it is impossible to eliminate all risk and there remains the potential for unintended transmission of COVID-19. All those attending must play their part in minimising the risk to themselves and others by complying with the Government Guidelines as well as any on site instructions and signage.
If you are experiencing any cough, fever or other respiratory symptoms or believe that you may have been exposed to COVID-19 or any other respiratory illness please stay at home.
- You may only attend and ride with members of your own household / yard, and abide by the Rule of SIX.
- All participants must have booked online in advance, entries will not be taken on the day.
- You will be required to follow our Marshals’ guidance whilst on site and maintain distancing and hygiene measures that we have put in place for your safety.
- Please ensure that you bring your own face covering and suggest hand sanitizer, face coverings must be worn in the toilets.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- At the Ivy Lodge Polo Ground, Cirencester Park, GL7 6JT, do not try to enter from DaglingworthWhat is the minimum age? Under 14’s must be accompanied by an adult. 14 – 17 year olds can ride alone, however an adult must sign in with them and wait for them to return
- Where is it? – Please see the venue tab for map
- How high are the jumps? All of the jumps range in height from 20cm-80cm.
- Do I need to bring my horse passport? You are required by law to carry your horse passport with you at all times when you are away from your horse’s place of residence. Please note we may ask to see your passport and ask to check that you are within 12 months of your latest Equine Influenza jab at the time of the event. Please note that due to the current coronavirus movement restrictions for vets, we will not be requiring evidence of the 6 month booster at this time.
- Can I cycle with a rider? Unfortunately, we cannot permit bicycles or other forms of transport in the Park, for the safety of both yourself and those on horseback.
- Is there a photographer? Yes! Images can be purchased on site or by visiting http://www.lottie-elizabethphotography.com
- Is there water on the course? No, but there is at the lorry park.
- What safety equipment do I need to wear? A hard hat must be worn plus suitably protective clothing.
- Is any of the course on a road?
- Can I pay by cash / on the day? During the current Coronavirus situation, all bookings must be made online, in advance, including a Govt personal health assessment.
- Horse Accommodation and B+B currently with Covid 19 this is not available but do ask others on the Fun Ride FB site,
Beautiful Parkland on the edge of Cirencester, host to the VWH fun ride with dozens of rustic and inviting fences for all ages and abilities
Ivy Lodge Polo Ground, Cirencester Park, GL7 6JT, do not try to enter from Daglingworth.
1. Take the M4 motorway to the WEST out of London.
2. Exit the M4 motorway at JUNCTION 15 (Swindon East).
3. Taking a RIGHT turn at the motorway roundabout, Proceed NORTH up the A417 to Cirencester.
4. Exit the dual carriageway at the sign marked ‘CIRENCESTER INDUSTRIAL ESTATE’
5. Follow signs to the Royal Agricultural College and Stroud (you will go over 4 roundabouts)
6. Hopefully you will now be on the A419 to MINCHINHAMPTON & STROUD
7. The entrance to the park is approximately 1 mile from the last roundabout. You will notice Cirencester Park Polo Club signs opposite the entrance which is on the right.
1. Leave the M5 at Junction 11a to Cirencester on the A417 to the Airballoon roundabout. Take the second exit towards Cirencester and continue on the A417 over the next roundabout signed Cirencester and M4
2. After approximately 7 miles exit at the junction signed Stow and Cirencester and at the roundabout take the 4th exit A429 – towards Cirencester. Go straight over the next roundabout.
3. At the next roundabout take the 1st exit Following signs the The Royal Agricultural College (RAC) and Stroud on the A419. 4. You will go over three more roundabouts.
5. After the roundabout by the hospital you will go up a hill still following the A419
6. Take the second exit at the roundabout at the top of the hill on the A419 to Stroud, you will pass the RAC on the left
7. After another mile the entrance to the park is on the right hand side with signage on the opposite side of the road.
Please ensure that you adhere to the 20 MPH speed limit set in the park.
Terms and Conditions
VWH RIDE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Conditions of Entry Booking and Refunds Horse entry numbers are limited so all bookings must be made online in advance with full payment due at the time of booking. The booking is non-refundable; refunds will only be made on production of a valid veterinary or doctor’s certificate. Bookings may be transferred to a future event, subject to availability. We reserve the right to cancel the event at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or any other reason that is in the best interest of horse, rider and the VWH Hunt. In the event of cancellation, bookings may be transferred to a future event, refunds can be requested if no suitable alternative dates are available.
Registration and Course Safety
Start, you have chosen your intended start time at the time of booking. In the interests of safely managing the number of riders on the course, please try to adhere to this start time. We will only allow exceptions to this in the event of traffic delays or other unforeseen circumstances. No riders will be permitted to start the course after the final closing time. Full registration will be required online in advance of attendance. On arrival all riders must follow the registration procedures advised by the Marshals and ensure that the safety regulations are understood.
During ..Riders must have a mobile phone in the group that they are in, emergency contact numbers are available (QR code at the start), take note of them at the start. Overtaking is permitted, please calmly alert those ahead of you of your intention and await an affirmative response before proceeding. Overtaking should only take place at a walk or trot.
Horse Welfare horses should be fit enough to complete 10 miles in the English Autumn, you should not ask your horse to jump or canter if it is not fit enough, you will be told to leave if a horse is deemed by the Marshals to be suffering. Horses should have been vaccinated against Equine Flu within the last 12 months and closely monitored before attending any event; look for signs and symptoms of flu or other illnesses e.g. especially a high temperature.
All riders must have full control of their horse at all times and be appropriately skilled to ride and handle horses safely in a sensible manner. Horses must not be left tied up unattended.
Finish On completion of the route or retirement, all riders must follow the signing out procedure, i.e. report to the Finish. If it is necessary to retire during the route; please stop and contact our emergency number. Our Summer Ride Secretary will advise on the safest return route to the parking area. Please DO NOT turn around and ride against the flow of the route without requesting assistance. Failure to sign out will require our event organisers to contact you after the event to ensure you have returned home safely.
Liability. Horse Riders must have appropriate and current public liability insurance cover. All riders must wear a hard hat to the current approved standard (correctly fastened) when mounted. The minimum age for horses and ponies is 4 years.
All riders must wear appropriate clothing with serviceable tack, you will not be allowed to startif the Marshal deems either are unsuitable. Riders must follow all directional and safety signage. Only marked routes may be followed. Riders must follow all instructions given to them by the Ride Marshals.
Walkers are only permitted on course if directly leading a horse/pony on a lead rein. Additional walkers are not permitted for safety reasons. Please do not bring dogs, it is an unsuitable place for dog walking and vehicles get too hot in the summer. The drinks stop and clear round jumping are accessible by car OS Grid Ref: ST 99302 90653, Latitude: 51° 36′ 52″ N Longitude: 2° 0′ 41″ W post code aprox SN16 9LH.
Safety of Children An adult must authorise for any rider under 18 years of age and remains completely responsible for their safety and actions at all times, at this time this may be done through text or whatsapp giving name of rider + contact number + name of adult + contact number. Children aged 14-17 may complete the route on their own, provided that an adult authorises at the beginning and meets at the end of the course, and remains available to contact whilst the ride is underway. Children aged up to and including 13 years of age must be escorted by an adult (aged 18 years or over) on a horse or leading on foot. If the escorting adult is unable to attend or complete the route, the children must also retire at this point. Children must adhere to all terms and conditions as stipulated. In addition to our requirement for all riders to wear a hard hat, children under the age of 18 must also wear appropriate crash hat.
Jumping. A selection of jumps ranging from 12” to 36” in height will be made available for use around the course. We aim to offer 50-60 jumps but this may vary due to safety or ground conditions. Should the jumps be available for use, the following conditions apply: You must be suitably skilled to jump fixed fences and only tackle those within you and your horse’s capability. Consideration must be given at all times to other horses and riders. Only one horse at a time per fence, horses are NOT to jump abreast of each other. You must only jump the fences that are clearly marked as part of the course. All jumps are optional. No more than 3 attempts are allowed at each jump. Any problems, injuries or damage which you, or your horse/pony suffer, or encounter during your use of the course must be reported to us without delay and before you leave. An emergency telephone number is provided for this purpose (see QR Code at the start).
Emergency Procedure All riders are required to sign in and out at the Start / Finish.
Medical. A paramedic will be employed by the VWH Summer Ride and will be on site to administer first aid treatment as required. We do not stipulate the use of medical arm bands, however, we would advise bands are worn if a rider has specific medical details that the emergency services need to be aware of in the event of an accident and this may include any contact details. If you should have or witness a catastrophic accident call 999 first, remember they can get your exact location from your call, then call the event emergency number.
Vets. The George Veterinary Practice of Malmsebury are on standby, all veterinary costs will be the liability of the rider or owner of the horse. An emergency contact number will be provided at the start (QR code).
Route. Around the course there will be waymarkers, please make note of these as you travel around the course, as you may be between when an incident occurs. If there is no answer then please send a text message to the emergency number and you will receive a call back.
Conditions of Acceptance You agree to indemnify The VWH Hunt and the VWH Summer Ride indemnified against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses suffered or incurred by the VWH Summer Ride arising from or in connection with any breach of these terms by you. These rules are in the interest of your own safety. By completing the registration form you are agreeing to abide by these rules, and are responsible for ensuring that members of your party are aware of and adhere to these rules. Subject to these terms, you also accept full liability for the actions and safety of any persons who accompany you.
Photography By participating in the Fun Ride you give the VWH Summer Ride full permission to use any photos taken for promotional purposes. This might include e-newsletters, online and print advertising, circulation to the media and any other media we may choose to use in the future. If you would like your images to be removed from our library please email email@example.com with a full description of your number, outfit, horse and if possible picture.
VWH SPRING RIDE 2021 is being organised by and the booking agent is Equine Bookings