The Old Surrey & Burstow Hunt Pony Club Spring Tetrathlon Competition
The Old Surrey & Burstow Hunt Pony Club Spring Tetrathlon Competition
by kind permission of the Marsh family
(This event is running over Saturday and Sunday)
Competition open to Teams & Individuals
Course builder: Mr Shaun Marsh
Saturday 5th March: Show Jumping and bean bag throwing on at Felbridge Showground, RH19 2NU
Sunday 6th March: Shoot, run, swim & prize giving on at Copthorne Preparatory School, Effingham Lane, Copthorne, RH10 3HR
Open to all members of The Pony Club and run in accordance with Pony Club Tetrathlon Rules 2022.
Please read the rules in this schedule carefully before entering.
Online entries at www.horse-events.co.uk
Entries close: Friday 25th February 2022 at midnight.
No late entries accepted.
Medical cover will be provided for all phases and a lifeguard at the swim.
Refreshments will be available on both days – kindly provided by Felbridge Showground and Copthorne School.
Vet on call kindly provided by Lingfield Equine Vets
Stirrups Equestrian Supplies tack shop will be open at Felbridge
Photography provided by Felbridge Photography
With grateful thanks to Copthorne Preparatory School for their support and allowing us to use their facilities. Please respect these facilities and keep them clean and tidy.
No dogs are allowed at Copthorne School please.
Dogs if taken to Felbridge Showground must be kept on short leads.
The following classes are available for the The Old Surrey & Burstow Hunt Pony Club Spring Tetrathlon Competition
Entries & Entry Fees
ALL AGES OF COMPETITORS TO BE TAKEN AS AT 1ST JANUARY 2022.
All entries to be made through Horse-Events
Tetrathlon Team Managers: to confirm Team & Individual entries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They will also need to confirm that their members are safe to shoot. Gun sharing/pony sharing/jump down/swim outside lane information must be advised to us before the closing date so that we can arrange ride times, swim lanes and shoot details accordingly.
Classes 1-10 – Pony Club Members only.
Classes 1-8 £35 (£30 for additional sibling)
Classes 9 & 10 Beanies £30 (£25 for additional sibling)
Class 11 Geriathlon £40 per team of four. Must be parents/guardians of current members or past members. Team members to complete ONE phase each.
Class 12 £10 but free to Copthorne School pupils. Class 12 is open to all within the specified age groups.
All entries are subject to a noon refundable booking fee as stated online – Fees includes First Aid.
Edit your Booking:
If you would like to edit your horse or rider details before the closing date of the event please login to your Horse Events account and edit your booking under the ‘MY BOOKING’ Tab.
If you would like to change the class please email email@example.com and if there is space available we will do this for you.
For ALL changes of horse and rider substitutions after the closing date there is a £5 charge please fill out the following form online at: https://www.horse-events.co.uk/rider-horse-substitutions-form/
Rosettes will be given to the first 6 teams in each age group and first 6 individuals in each class and for the best shoot, run and swim and for all clear rounds.
Team rosettes only for the Geriathlon.
Objections to be made by the team manager only, to the event organiser or phase steward.
Wherever possible any queries should be raised with the phase steward as soon as the discipline has been completed.
We will endeavour to display results as soon as possible and prize-giving will be approx. 45 minutes after results for each class are finalised.
Provisional/Approximate Timetable is as follows (liable to change depending on entry numbers) Saturday:
- Ride 9.30am – Open/Int followed by Juniors, then Minis & Geris, then Tadpoles then Beanies
- Bean Bags Before the Beanies ride Sunday:
- Shoot 9.00 – Open & Int/Juniors & Geris/Minis/Tadpoles
- Run 10.30 – Open & Int/Juniors/Minis & Geris & Bi Sec C/Tadpoles & Bi Sec B/Beanies & Bi Sec A
- Swim 12 noon – Open & Int/Juniors/Minis & Geris &Bi Sec C/Tadpoles & Bi Sec B/Beanies & Bi Sec A
Rules of the Event: PLEASE READ THESE RULES VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING
PLEASE READ THESE RULES VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING:
- All classes will be held at Felbridge Showground in the Bill Kear (fibre) Arena.
- For classes 7, 8, 9 & 10 the course will only use half of the arena.
- PC UK Tetrathlon Arena Jumping rules 2022 apply (Appendix C in Rule book).
- There will NOT be either a Slip Rail or a Gate and rounds will NOT be timed.
- No horse/pony may be ridden more than twice in any age group. Please inform the steward if a horse is to be ridden twice.
- Outside assistance will be penalised by 200 points.
- Being led or ‘jumping down’ a class will be penalised by 400 Points. If you wish to jump down a level, please put in the comments box when entering.
- If entries & time permits, there may be the opportunity to pay £5 for an additional clear round immediately after your Tetrathlon class finishes. Please ask the Secretary on the day.
- If you are sharing a pony please state who you are sharing with in the comments box when entering.
- Vaccinations: The Pony Club Vaccination Policy will be used. Please bring your passport to the tack check where random vaccination checks will be carried out.
BEAN BAG THROWING:
- Bean bag throwing for Class 9 “Beanies” will take place BEFORE their ride, upstairs in the Felbridge Clubhouse.
- Each child will be allowed two practice beanbags and then ten throws into numbered buckets.
- Throwing distance minimum 3m.
- Guns MUST be kept in their case AT ALL TIMES and may ONLY be taken out to place on the shoot table when instructed by the Range Steward. Please ensure the gun is serviceable.
- Loaders (if required) must be over 18 years of age and experienced at loading.
- Protective or prescription glasses are compulsory for competitors shooting at 7m and recommended for those shooting at 10m.
- Competitors must have shooting experience and be minimum 8 years old on the day.
- Competitors will be given one practice target and two competition targets – five shots per target.
- If you are sharing a gun please state who you are sharing with in the comments box when entering.
- All mobile ‘phones MUST be on SILENT during the shoot. All competitors, siblings & spectators must be quiet in the Sports Hall waiting area. Any children running around will be asked to leave.
• The run will be on grass unless we advise you otherwise. Distances may be shortened in the event of bad weather conditions for the safety of the children.
- Beanies may wear arm bands but no flotation jackets are allowed.
- Only one poolside supporter per child is allowed at the end of each lane.
- Competitors may either start in the pool, from the edge or on the blocks.
- Competitors must make sure they touch both ends of the pool when turning.
- If your child needs an outside swim lane please state in the comments box when entering.
- Pool length is 17m.
- There will be a lifeguard on duty.
- Swimming distances will be posted on a flipchart at the pool immediately after each wave. Please check these before leaving the pool as distances cannot be queried afterwards.Please do not enter the swimming pool area with outdoor shoes and please do not abuse the facilities in the changing rooms, leaving them clean and tidy.
Withdrawals & Substitutions
Withdrawals & Refunds:
Full refunds will be given up until the closing date of the competition.
Event booking Closing Date 25-02-2022
After the closing date no refunds will be made without a Doctors or Vets certificate produced no later than 24 hours after the event please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If produced after this no refund will be given. Refunds where due after the closing date are subject to an admin fee of: £5
Cancellation Policy In the event of abandonment 50% of the entry fee will be refunded.
All withdrawals will be less booking fee
Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, competitors, spectators or any person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis. The organisers of this event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health & safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective everyone must take reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents. They must obey the instructions of the organisers and all officials and stewards.
All non Pony Club competitors (ie Biathlon/Geriathlon competitors) are not covered by The Pony Club insurance and must have their own third party cover. The Old Surrey and Burstow Hunt Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non-Members and their insurance will not cover you.
Competitors and their guardians give permission for any photographic and/or film or TV footage taken of persons taking part in Pony Club events to be used and published in any media whatsoever for editorial purposes, press information or advertising by or on behalf of The Pony Club and/or official sponsors of The Pony Club.
The Old Surrey & Burstow Hunt Pony Club Spring Tetrathlon Competition is being organised by Old Surrey & Burstow Hunt Branch and the booking agent is Equine Bookings