The Grafton Hunt Hunter Trials
The Grafton Hunt Hunter Trials
By kind permission of Mrs L Smith
Qualifier for Horseware National Hunter Trial Series All classes will be judged on an Optimum Time which will be published at the Secretary’s Tent.
Veterinary and medical cover provided
The following classes are available for the The Grafton Hunt Hunter Trials
Entries & Entry Fees
Entries should be made online at www.horse-events.co.uk
If you have any queries regarding online entries please do not hesitate to contact us email email@example.com tel:07962 251 696 not after 7pm
No horse/pony to compete in more than 2 classes, or more than once in any one class.
Closing Date: All entries must be received by Wednesday 25th April
Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Entries Secretary, subject to a £5.00 supplement.
Withdrawals: by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 25th April. There will be no refund of entry fees after this date.
There is an additional £3 medical fee per rider
Please note all entries are subject to a non refundable booking fee of £1.35-£1.50 per class
Starting times will be allocated in all classes on Friday 27th April after 6pm at www.horse-events.co.uk or www.graftonhunt.co.uk
Please bring your own number bib. Bibs will be available to purchase.
Trophies to the winners of all classes
Prizes to winner and runner-up in all classes
Rosettes to 10th place in individual classes and 6th place in pairs classes.
Classes 1, 2, 4 and 5 are qualifiers for the Horseware National Hunter Trials Final 2018. The Final will take place in the autumn at Eland Lodge Equestrian, Ashbourne, Derbyshire. There will be five classes with heights of 70cm, 80cm, 80cm Pairs, 90cm and 1m. The three top placed riders in each class will qualify for the Final. There will also be recognition from Retraining of Racehorses.
Foxhill Farm is located ½ mile south of Moreton Pinkney on the Thorpe Mandeville road. Please follow the signs, and approach from this direction, not via Eydon.
A one-way system will be in operation to ensure traffic flow.
Foxhill Farm is located in the unspoilt countryside of South Northants midway between Banbury, Brackley and Towcester. Owned and run by Lesley Smith, this family business offers the perfect environment for you to ride to your full potential.
Set in beautiful countryside, livery owners have the opportunity to hack down endless bridleways, byways and quiet country lanes, as well as having the perfect setting to prepare for competitions throughout the year.
Instruction on your own horse can be provided by Lesley Smith; a qualified and highly experienced instructor. Group and individual lessons are available in all disciplines for every age and ability.
Foxhill offers a wide variety of equestrian facilities and services, including:
- 70m x 40m all weather menage
- Full set of competition showjumps
- XC schooling course designed and built by Hugh Lochore
- Regular training days, clinics and competitions
- A purpose built American barn housing stabling for 23
- Over 120 acres of turnout
- Claydon Horse Walker
- Holiday/short term and schooling livery.
The cross country course is open for schooling throughout the year. The location of the course is on well draining permanent pasture and will only be closed in very severe weather.
The course was built and designed by Hugh Lochore, one of the UK’s leading course designers. It includes a wide variety of fences from 2ft to 3ft 6ins. The design incorporates many of the types of fences often used in British Eventing courses. These include corners, arrow heads, sunken road, bank complex, training ditches, trakehner, and a water complex with a wide variety of options to both enter and exit the water.
The permanent fences have all weather take off and landings.
Rules and Terms & Conditions
1. Closing Date: All entries must be received by Wednesday 25 April. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Entries Secretary, subject to a £5.00 supplement.
2. Withdrawals: by email to email@example.com by Wednesday 25 April. There will be no refund of entry fees after this date.
3. Starting times will be allocated for all classes. Go to www.horseevents.co.uk or www.foxhill-farm.com or www.graftonhunt.co.uk
4. The course will be open for inspection on Saturday 28 April from 2pm. Competitor briefings on Optimum Time at 3pm and 5pm in the Sponsors’ Tent. 5. Course enquiries call 01295 760230.
6. No watches or timing equipment to be worn/carried by any rider while competing on the course.
7. Competitors must wear back protectors, crash hats to BSI standard and medical armbands.
8. Competitors should bring their own number bib. Bibs will be available to purchase.
9. All riders must wear a hat at all times when riding.
10. No horse/pony to compete more than once in any one class.
11. Junior riders to be aged 8 years or over.
12. When not competing riders must ride in the designated practice areas and only jump flagged fences.
13. Eliminated riders may continue at the discretion of the course officials.
14. Veterinary cover will be provided on the day, all fees to be met by the individual. 15. All dogs to be kept on leads.
16. Only official vehicles will be allowed on the course.
17. Please take all your litter home with you.
18. The organisers reserve the right to alter, amend or cancel any class and to refuse any entry for any reason what so ever.
19. The organising committee of The Grafton Hunt will not accept any liability whatsoever for any injury, accident, illness or damage to any horse, rider, spectator, or any other person or property.
20. All competitors will agree to abide by the rules of the competition.
21. Results will be posted on www.graftonhunt.co.uk.
The Grafton Hunt Hunter Trials is being organised by Grafton Hunt and the booking agent is Equine Bookings