The Cottesmore Branch of the Pony Club – Real Live Dressage Competition
THE COTTESMORE BRANCH OF THE PONY CLUB Real Live Dressage Competition
By kind permission of Rutland Agricultural Society
UPDATE: NEW Information for Competitors
ALL TESTS WILL BE ON GRASS; NO DOGS; NO LUNGEING; VET ON CALL
The following classes are available for the The Cottesmore Branch of the Pony Club – Real Live Dressage Competition
Entries and Entry Fees
ENTRIES: All entries should be made online at Horse-Events using: https://www.horse-events.co.uk/
Max entries 2 per horse. Classes will be limited, but a wait list will be kept.
ENTRY FEES : All classes £13.50 not including the Horse Events £1.35 non-refundable booking fee per entry.
No separate start or paramedic fee will be due.
In the event of the abandonment of the event, £5 per entry will be retained by the organising branch to contribute to costs.
IF YOU HAVE ANY DIFFICULTIES ENTERING ONLINE PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT HORSE- EVENTS Email: Info@horse-events.co.uk Tel: 07962251696 not after 7pm
ENTRIES CLOSE MONDAY JULY 20TH
TIMES and NUMBERS
TIMES and NUMBERS
- Please supply your own numbers with your own Cross Country Bib
- Times available from Horse Events/CPC website from 23/07/2019
- You will be given an arrival time, a warm-up time and a departure time. The departure time will be the latest time if you have multiple tests/horses.
These are due to the Corona virus restrictions and we do ask that you observe them.
Information for Competitors
Information for Competitors
1.Please observe all your timings, including arrival and
2.Only members of a single household or one additional person from outside a household is allowed to attend with the rider.
3. Where an addi,onal person is required for safeguarding purposes (e.g. parent / guardian or carer of a member who is under 18), that person must observe social distancing requirements at all ,mes.
5.Please observe Social Distancing and hand hygiene. There will be hand sanitisers available, but suggest you bring your own as well. You may wear masks, but not when mounted. They are not compulsory when unmounted
6.No coaches, parents or helpers in the warm-up arena – but may stand socially distanced outside the ridden arena
7.The only warm up is in the appropriate roped warm up area (one per arena). Max 6 at any one time
8.Please respect the Arena Steward
9.No Secretary on the ground – there will be an information point where you can leave an SAE – large letter (A4 envelope) so that your test sheet and any rosettes can be posted on to you. If you do not leave one your dressage sheet and rosette WILL NOT be posted on to you.
We will not be screening by taking temperatures, but ask that if you should start feeling unwell, that you leave the ground immediately and tell the organiser.
***Please enter the ground with your number in the windscreen so it can be seen by the steward. You need to have printed off for yourself (and put in a cross country bib)***
You will then be asked for the name and telephone number of any supporter as per condition of entry 2.
This will be checked with your entry form details. Anyone not conforming to this will be asked to leave.
You will be directed to a parking space, please go there and then you are free to unbox etc. and then make your way to the warm-up area for your allotted time, wearing your number.
Riding and the Competition
Your tack check will be done from a distance and if adjustments are needed which the rider is unable to do, e.g.girths needing tightening, you will be asked to leave the warm up area to get a supporter to do it for you.
There is a maximum number of six competitors allowed in the warm-up at one time. Please don’t be tempted to warm-up outside the warm-up area. We have allocated 25 mins as a warm up time, with should be ample.
No lungeing is allowed at the venue as a warm-up.
Once you have completed your test you should walk back to your lorry as you ‘warm down’ and then box up and leave in accordance with your times.
Please leave your SAE (large letter stamp please) in the tray in the gazebo and your test sheet – and hopefully your rosettes too – will be posted on to you. We are expecting to get results out on 26th July. They will be published on the Cottesmore Pony Club website and the Cottesmore Pony Club Events Fb page and the Pony Club Area 6 Fb page.
Above all enjoy getting out an about again, even in these strange times – its great to be doing something!
Enjoy and may you be wonderfully successful, Barbie Coulson DC Cottesmore Pony Club
MAIN POINTS & ENTRY CONDITIONS:
This is our first competition since the Corona virus lockdown and things will be very different, often with aspects that may all feel rather distasteful at first. Please bear with us – it feels like a whole new world.
- 1. Please observe all your timings, including arrival and departure.
- Only members of a single household or one additional person from outside a household is allowed to attend with the rider.
- Where an additional person is required for safeguarding purposes(e.g. parent / guardian or carer of a member who is under 18), that person must observe social distancing requirements at all times.
- No Spectators
- Please observe Social Distancing and hand hygiene. There will be hand sanitisers available, but suggest you bring your own as well. You may wear masks, but not when mounted. They are not compulsory when unmounted
- No coaches, parents or helpers in the warm-up arena – but may stand socially distanced outside the ridden arena
- The only warm up is in the appropriate roped warm up area (one per arena). Max 6 at any one time
- Please respect the Arena Steward
- No Secretary on the ground – there will be an information point where you can leave an SAE – large letter (A4 envelope) so that your test sheet and any rosettes can be posted on to you. If you do not leave one your dressage sheet and rosette WILL NOT be posted on to you.
- To be run in accordance with Pony Club Dressage Rules 2020, Guidance for Pony Club Activities under COVID-19 restrictions (26/06/2020)and under Guidance for British Dressage Organisers and Venues COVID-19: returning to restricted competition activity safely (03/07/2020)
- Late entries maybe accepted at the organiser’s discretion.
- Queries may only be raised via theOrganiser.Protests/objections will be managed as best we can and after the event via email to the organiser.
- A valid passport and vaccination record must accompany the horse/pony to this event and must be available for inspection as required by event officials. Vaccinations must be in accordance with Rule 37 of The Pony Club Dressage Rule Book 2019.
There will be no prize giving. Results will be available by evening of 26th July – or earlier if we can manage
Cottesmore Pony Club Field
Conditions of Entry
Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of the event nor The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord, his tenant(s) or his licensee accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
HEALTH, SAFETY & WELFARE:
Organisers of Dressage Competitions take reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the Organiser and all the Officials and Stewards.
The Cottesmore Branch of the Pony Club – Real Live Dressage Competition is being organised by Cottesmore Hunt Pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings
Book this horse event below
Please note that this event allows for reserve bookings. A ticket marked 'Wait List' indicates that the class is currently full but we are allowing for Wait List bookings. Booking such a ticket does not guarantee you entry but adds you to the wait list. We will notify you if you make it onto the confirmed list or alternatively will refund your booking.