The Burghley Pony Club Junior Eventer Trial Incorporating preliminary qualifiers for the 2022 Pony Club Spring Festival
The Burghley Pony Club Mini & Junior Eventer Trial
Incorporating preliminary qualifiers for the 2022 Pony Club Spring Festival
by kind permission of the Burghley Estate Preservation Trust
Open to Pony Club Members only
For novice children aged 15 years and under (1st Jan 2021)
This is a fun and friendly event aimed at younger and novice children. The emphasis is very much on confidence building and having fun!
Online entries at www.horse-events.co.uk
The following classes are available for the The Burghley Pony Club Junior Eventer Trial Incorporating preliminary qualifiers for the 2022 Pony Club Spring Festival
Entries & Entry Fees
Start Times and Course Walk
Start Times and Course Walk
Entry lists and times will be posted on www.horse-events.co.uk; www.ponyclubresults.co.uk and the Burghley Pony Club website after 7pm on Thursday 14th October 2021.
Classes will be run in drawn order and the course will be available to walk before the start of each class – please be prompt. The warm-up arena will be limited to a safe number. No lunging on site.
1st – 8th place in all classes, plus lots of specials.
Special rosette for Best Burghley PC in each class.
Dress Code & Number Bibs
Cross Country compliant XC kit and tack should be worn. Aqua tagged hats and BETA 2009 or BETA 2018 body protectors must be worn. All competitors must wear jodhpur / riding boots. Stirrups should be of the correct size to suit the rider’s boots and must have 7mm (1⁄4”) clearance on either side of the boot.
Competitors must bring their own number bib and must print out three numbers, two for their bib and one for the windscreen of their vehicle. A template can be found on www.ponyclubresults.co.uk
Withdrawals & Refunds
Before close of entries, on 8th October 2021 you can cancel your entry via your www.horse- events.co.uk account yourself, and your entry fee will be refunded.
If the withdrawal is between the closing date and when times are issued, 50% will be refunded. After this no refund will be given.
If you are unable to attend after that please notify the Organiser at email@example.com
Cancellation Policy If the event is cancelled for any reason, entry fees will be refunded minus the Horse-Events booking fee and a 50p admin charge.
Under current pony club guidelines all horses and ponies must have been immunised against equine influenza. Once the initial course has been completed, your pony must have had a booster within the last 12 months. Please see the following link to the Pony Club website which states the full pony club policy. https://pcuk.org/search-the-pony- club/?q=vaccination+rule Please have your pony’s passport with you, spot checks may be carried out.
Terms and Conditions
- Open to current Pony Club Branch and Centre members only. All Horses must be aged 5 or older.
- Combination of horse and rider cannot enter more than 2 classes.
- For reasons of safety, no cantering other than in warm up areas and competition rings.
- The class winners will be decided by fewest penalties, then if equality of penalties, closest to optimum time. If there is a still a tie after this, a style mark will be considered.
- All competitors must wear a protective helmet, manufactured to one of the minimum standards listed in the Pony Club Hat Rule 2020 at all times when mounted with the chin straps fastened. All hats must be tagged with an Aqua Pony Club, Riding Club or BE hat tag. This can be done on the day by the event secretary, please allow enough time for this.
- XC colours can be worn for both phases. Body Protectors must be worn and long sleeves are recommended. Body protectors must have a BETA 2009 or 2018 Level 3 standard tag.
- The decision of the judge is final.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify anyone for misuse of whip or spurs,dangerous riding or any horse in poor or lame condition.
- Horses/Ponies must not be left unattended, especially never left unsupervised tied to the outside of lorries. Please pick-up droppings in lorry park. Only the competitor may ride the horse on the day at the event.
11. If the event is cancelled for any reason, entry fees will be refunded minus theHorse-Events booking fee and a 50p admin charge.
Legal Liability Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event nor The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
Health and Safety The organiser of this Event has taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organiser and all officials and stewards.
The Burghley Pony Club Junior Eventer Trial Incorporating preliminary qualifiers for the 2022 Pony Club Spring Festival is being organised by The Bughley Pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings
Book this horse event below
Please note that this event allows for reserve bookings. A ticket marked 'Wait List' indicates that the class is currently full but we are allowing for Wait List bookings. Booking such a ticket does not guarantee you entry but adds you to the wait list. We will notify you if you make it onto the confirmed list or alternatively will refund your booking.