The Beaufort Hunt Team Chase
Please edit the number to your team number before printing – this is a word document
The Beaufort Hunt Team Chase
By kind permission of Mr and Mrs Geoff Barker, Mr and Mrs Andrew Sells and Mrs C Thompson. Special thanks to Simon Best and Mike Pike.
INTERMEDIATE SPEED & BOGEY TEAM CHASE
– Fixed height not more than 3’9”
NOVICE TEAM CHASE
– Fixed height not more than 3’3”
ENTER ONLINE: –WWW.HORSE-EVENTS.CO.UK
This Event will be following Government COVID 19 guidelines this means guidance and rules may change at a moment’s notice. No spectators please.
Arrive, Compete and Leave – thank you
The following classes are available for the The Beaufort Hunt Team Chase
Entries & Entry Fees
Online Entries at http://www.horse-events.co.uk
Entry Fees: All Classes total fee £145
NOTE: All entry fees include a non-refundable booking fee per team and a non-refundable levy per team for the Administrating Body of Team Chasing
Entries close when full or on Sunday 18th October 2020 at Midnight.
Times & Course Walk
Start Times: Start times will be available from 4.00pm on Thursday 22 October via
horse-events.co.uk and we will endeavour to post to our social media pages too
Course Walking: The course will be open to inspection STRICTLY from 2.00 pm on Saturday 24th October – NO earlier please as the course will not be ready and may be subject to change before this time
Class 1: 1st £180, 2nd £140, 3rd £120
Rosettes to 10th place
Virtual special Prize: The Derek Sidebottom Cup will be presented to the highest placed Beaufort Hunt team
Class 2: 1st £160, 2nd £130, 3rd £100
Rosettes to 10th place
Virtual special Prize: The Harry Sidebottom Cup will be presented to the highest placed Beaufort Hunt
Class 3: 1st £145, 2nd £100, 3rd £80
Rosettes to 10th place
Virtual special Prize: The Gerald Gundry Family Stakes Perpetual Challenge Trophy will be presented to the highest placed Beaufort Hunt Pony Club team
Withdrawals: No refunds will be made for withdrawals made after the closing date
Additional Information & COVID 19 guidelines
- Operating under Covid Guide Lines, returning to sport safely.
- PLEASE BRING A NUMBER BIB WITH YOU
- If permitted there will be a simple Covid approved refreshment, burger stall and tack stand on site
- Dogs should be left at home. If essential they must be kept on a lead at ALL times – NO exceptions
- Veterinary surgeons, Farrier and a Horse Ambulance will be on site during the competition.
Competitors will be required to pay for any services received.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are competitors allowed to empty their horseboxes/trailers of muck/shavings/etc – if you are caught you team will be eliminated– it’s not our farm!
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance voluntary donation
COVID 19 guidelines
This Event will be following Government COVID 19 guidelines this means rules may change at a moment’s notice. Any updates will be posted on https://www.beaufortteamchase.co.uk Beaufort Hunt Team Chase page
We are operating Arrive, Compete, Leave Policy, any changes to guidance will be published on the above link therefore, it is critical that competitors and their support group read this before arriving on the day. Please do not stay after the completion of your class as we need car parking and lorry park space for other people.
People allowed onto site
The following ONLY will be permitted on site per horse:
1 x Rider
1 x Support Person
1 x Groom
If the rider is under 18 a Parent / Guardian is permitted in addition
Spectators are not allowed this year and any other person exceeding the criteria above will been deemed as such and will not be permitted on site.
Track and Trace
Declarations on arrival team captains must email firstname.lastname@example.org
In the subject box please put Team Chase. In the main body of the email, please put the names of your team, grooms and support person who will be attending on that day. You will not receive a reply.
(approach from the north ONLY)
Terms and Conditions
This Team Chase is held under the auspices of the MFHA Governing Body and in accordance with MFHA (17th October 2016) Team Chasing Rules. The making of an entry constitutes acceptance of those rules. Full rules at: www.teamchasing.co.uk
NB: TEAM CAPTAINS MUST ENSURE THAT ALL TEAM MEMBERS HAVE READ A
COPY OF THESE RULES
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: The Organiser does not accept liability in respect of any accident, illness or disease caused to or suffered by any horse, owner, rider, groom, spectator, sponsor or any other persons or property present at the site of the Event and their property and accoutrements. All cars, horseboxes and trailers are parked at owners risk in the designated areas.
RESERVATION OF RIGHT: The Organiser reserves the right to
- Cancel or divide any class
- Withhold any prizes because of insufficient declared entries
- Eliminate any competitor not adhering to the rules
- Transfer competitors between sections of a class
- Alter the advertised times
- Refuse any entry
- Split the prize money in the event of a tie
HEALTH & SAFETY STATEMENT: The Organiser of this event has taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of every person present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the Organiser, officials and stewards. The Organiser advises that, due to uneven and, in parts, irregular terrain at this event, it may
be difficult at times for spectators to move around freely and easily, as a result of which it may not be suitable for these spectators who suffer from certain medical conditions. All the spectators enter the event at their own risk and are advised to wear suitable footwear. The Organiser shall not incur any liability, except as required by law, in respect of any injury or damage to any spectators howsoever sustained.
No motorised vehicles including ATVs are permitted on the course other than officials. Permitted visitors with mobility restrictions should contact the secretary’s before the event for assistance.
In all classes competitors must wear a crash helmet which meets one of the following standards:
British A11 PAS015, BSEN1384 or European EN1384 provided they are BSI Kitemarked or SEI. All competitors must also wear a British Equestrian Trade Association (BETA) approved and appropriately labelled Level 3 (purple label) body protector manufactured in the year 2009 or after. A body protector of this nature is also required when competitors are wearing air jackets of any make.
ALL HATS MUST BE TAGGED WITH THE LATEST TAG IN ACCORDANCE WITH
HATS AND BACK PROTECTORS WILL BE RANDOMLY CHECKED IN THE COLLECTING RING AND IF NOT TAGGED COMPETITORS WILL BE UNABLE TO START. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK YOUR EQUIPMENT (HATS AND BACK PROTECTORS) IS UP TO THE CORRECT AND REQUIRED STANDARD
GENERAL RULES and CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- MFHA (17th October 2016) TEAM CHASE RULES APPLY for ALL Classes. These may be viewed on www.teamchasing.co.uk and in the Information board on the day. Some of these rules are mentioned below, along with the Beaufort Hunt Supporters Team Chase Rules.
- HORSES may not compete twice in a class. Horses may not run in two Team Chase Classes.
- For TEAM CHASE CLASSES (1,2 & 3) each TEAM is to consist of a maximum of FOUR HORSES AND RIDERS and at least three must complete the course to finish. Team members are started together. First horse starts the clock and the time of the third horse to finish, will be the finishing time for the team. In the event of a tie the fourth horse to finish will decide.
- In class 2 & 3, the closer to the Optimum Time (OT), the less time faults incurred wins. The OT is calculated from the speed declared, over the course for each Class. A slower time away from the OT will be placed higher than a faster time away from the OT.
- COURSE LENGTHS and NUMBER OF FENCES, stated in the schedule, are approximate. FENCE HEIGHTS refer to the maximum height of fixed rails. Hedges may be higher.
- In ALL CLASSES competitors must JUMP every fence on their course only, in order, and pass between all designated flags.
- PENALTIES in TEAM CHASE CLASSES (1,2 & 3) will be scored as follows: REFUSALS will not be penalised, but a competitor who has more than three refusals at any one fence, or five in total, will be eliminated and must leave the course. The team will be disqualified for abuse of this rule by any individual member. A single FALL OF ANY RIDER will not be penalised. Three horses must be within the PEN at one time or a 20 second time PENALTY will be awarded.
- When a HORSE FALLS during any class, it is immediately eliminated and may not continue on the course. A horse is considered to have fallen when at the same time its shoulder and quarters have touched either the ground or the obstacle and the ground, or when it is trapped in a fence in such a way that it is unable to proceed without assistance or is liable to injure itself. This does not prevent horses which stumble or refuse, thus unseating the rider, from being re-mounted to continue.
- In all classes, after TWO FALLS BY A RIDER, which are not horse falls, the competitor is immediately eliminated and must retire.
- Any horse ELIMINATED or RETIRING must leave the course at a walk.
- Team members, officials, or attendants are permitted in any class to retrieve and return a loose horse to its rider; they may ASSIST a rider to RE-MOUNT at his request, as long as it is safe to do so and no injury has been sustained.
- Each Team will be given a STARTING TIME. Any team missing its correct time may be fitted in at the end of the Class, if possible but this is not guaranteed.
- Team Captains must declare their teams at least 30 minutes prior to their appointed starting time, register for Track and Trace and register any change of horse or rider. Each Team / Competitor must report to the COLLECTING RING Steward 10 minutes before his or her actual starting time.
- NUMBERS Team Captains are responsible for number bids and printing numbers before the event. Competitors are asked to ride in the correct colour and to notify the Secretary of any team changes.
- Competitors may exercise their horses beforehand only in the area provided, which includes a PRACTICE jump.
- All competitors must wear HEADGEAR and a BACK PROTECTOR to current British Safety Standards (see MFHA rule 7.) Team Chase competitors must report to the information point, with their helmets if they have not previously received a Hat Tag. Anyone mounted must wear a safety helmet. A charge of £2 for all new hat tags will be payable on the day. Hunting, cross country or team dress to be worn.
- The ORGANISERS RESERVE THE RIGHTS to: Withhold or amend any prize or cancel any class because of insufficient entries; Alter the advertised times; Refuse any entry with or without stating reasons; Alter the course or leave out any obstacle before or during the competition; Split a class if there is significant change in course; Eliminate any competitor not adhering to the rules; Eliminate any horse they consider to be exhausted; Eliminate any competitor for excessive use of the whip.
- If the event is CANCELLED a refund of entry fees will be made for all classes less and administration charge of £50 per team.
- It is a requirement that all participants carry third party insurance for not less than £5m. It is also strongly recommended that all participants have personal accident insurance.
- Everyone is to enjoy their day! Thank you for coming.
The Beaufort Hunt Team Chase is being organised by Beaufort Hunt Team Chase and the booking agent is Equine Bookings