Quorn Hunt Supporters Association Hunter Trial
Quorn Hunt Supporters Association Hunter Trial
Novice & Intermediate Solo & Pairs
**NEW THIS YEAR – CLEAR ROUND XC OVER 45cm COURSE**
(by kind permission of The Walker Family)
Dogs on leads please
QHSA would like to thank all those people who have helped organise and run this day
Cottage Kitchen Refreshments
Photography by Rose Rodgers www.roserodgersphotography.co.uk
PARAMEDIC AND VET ON COURSE
The following classes are available for the Quorn Hunt Supporters Association Hunter Trial
***CLEAR ROUND XC OVER SMALL COURSE (45cm approx)***
THIS WILL RUN ALL DAY, £5 PER ROUND ON THE DAY RIDERS CAN BE OF ANY AGE BUT MUST BE OVER 6 YEARS OLD
Entries & Entry Fees
Online entries are preferred Book online at https://www.horse-events.co.uk/
Postal entries will be accepted using the correct form and full payment made
Entries on the day available.
QHSA Treasurer, Sue Henton: Cream Gorse Farm, Gaddesby Lane, Kirby Bellars, LE14 2TQ
Cheques to be made payable to QHSA
CLASS 1 – NOVICE COURSE – Start 10am – Open to horses/ponies and riders of any age
Entries for Class 1 close at 11.00am
Class 1 a PAIRS Pre-Entry £40 Entry on day £43
Class 1 b SOLO Pre-Entry £22 Entry on day £25
CLASS 2 – INTERMEDIATE COURSE – Approx. 1m – Start not before 11.30am
Class 2 a PAIRS Pre-Entry £45 Entry on day £48
Class 2 b SOLO Pre-Entry £28 Entry on day £31
£2 charge per rider for Medical/Veterinary cover
Rosettes sponsored by Manor Farm, Thrussington
1st – 6th in each class
Class 1b – 1st £35, 2nd £25, 3rd £20 – Gillies Shields Memorial Trophy for the highest placed solo rider (Class 1b) 14 years or under on the day of the competition
Classes 2b – 1st £50, 2nd £30, 3rd £20 Dairy Farm Trophy for the highest placed solo rider (Class 2b) who is a QHSA member
Fabian Trophy to the highest placed solo rider (Class 2b) who is (or family is) a Quorn Hunt subscriber
Prizes, rosettes & trophies MUST be collected on the day
Times & Course Walk
Times as per classes state
The course may be walked AFTER 2.30 pm on Saturday 6th October 2018 – please note, the course is long and hilly, make sure you allow sufficient time when walking the course
£5.00 returnable deposit for number bib on day of event
Aylesford Equine is a family run business; it is the home of Peter, Sue and Louise Walker. Situated in the heart of the Quorn Hunting countryside, its set amongst 160 acres of beautiful undulating hills.
Along with expanding the course over the years we built an All Weather Arena with B.S.J.A show jumps, which is available for hire to individuals, groups and pony/ riding clubs.
30 x 60 all weather arena with a set of showjumps.
All weather x country arena including water jump, steps, ditches, arrow heads etc includes the use of the showjumping arena.
Fully enclosed dressage arena either 20 x 40 or 20 x 60.
All the arenas are available for hire for individuals, groups and pony/riding clubs.
Set on high quality turf in attractive, undulating countryside the fences and courses have been designed by Stuart Buntine, professionally constructed and maintained by the team at Aylesford Equine.
More than 100 plus obstacles ranging from 1ft – 3ft6 including water complexes, coffins, sunken roads, drops, banks, skinny’s and traditional fences. They are set so that horses, at all stages, can be schooled and enjoy crossing country.
All jumps have maintained take offs and landings.
Riders can canter or hack round, taking all or occasional fences or concentrate on specific areas e.g. water, where one complex provides over 30 plus options.
Off the A6006, situated 5 miles from Melton Mowbray.
Well signed on the left one mile before the turning to Six Hills.
30 minutes from junction 21A of the M1 (Leicester) and junction 24 M1 (Kegworth).
40 minutes from Nottingham.
1 hour from Northampton.
Rules and Conditions of Entry.
1. The decision of the judges is final at all times and in all matters.
2. Mounted inspection of the course at any time will result in elimination.
3. There will be a timed section which will be based on an optimum time NOT the fastest time.
4. Each class requires a minimum of 3 entries and the organisers reserve the right to cancel, amalgamate or change any class.
5. The organisers reserve the right to limit or refuse entries.
6. Outside assistance of any kind is not allowed except in catching loose horses and assisting in re-mounting.
7. Dress – Correct Hunting Dress is preferred but cross country colours may be worn.
8. All competitors must wear a crash helmet and effective body armour to current BE Cross Country standards. Rules available on their website.
9. Competitors wearing air jackets must wear a conventional body protector underneath and bring their own number bib.
10. No horse may compete more than once in any class and twice on the day
11. Three refusals at a fence will result in elimination, after which competitors may continue around the course provided they make way for other competitors. They must leave the course if asked to do so by a fence judge or official.
12. No recording device is permitted (e.g. head/bridle camera)
Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of any event to which these rules apply, nor The Quorn Hunt, nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever.
Health, Safety and Welfare
The organiser of this Event has taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and
safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all
reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the
instructions of the Organiser and all the Officials and Stewards.
Quorn Hunt Supporters Association Hunter Trial is being organised by Quorn Hunt and the booking agent is Equine Bookings