QHSA Hunter Trial
QHSA Quorn Hunt Supporters Association Hunter Trial
by kind permission of The Walker Family
Novice & Intermediate Solo & Pairs
Enter Online at: www.horse-events.co.uk
Dogs on leads please
QHSA would like to thank all those people who have helped organise and run this day
COTTAGE KITCHEN REFRESHMENTS
PARAMEDIC AND VET ON COURSE
THIS EVENT WILL BE RUN IN LINE WITH COVID 19 MEASURES (please see pages 3 & 4 of this schedule)
ARRIVE COMPETE LEAVE
The following classes are available for the QHSA Hunter Trial
Entries & Entry Fees
Enter Online at: www.horse-events.co.uk
All entries are subject to a non refundable booking fee of £1.35 – £1.75
CLASS 1 – NOVICE COURSE – height approx 80cm
Start 9.30 am Open to horses/ponies and riders of any age
Class 1 a PAIRS Entry £45
Class 1 b SOLO Entry £25
CLASS 2 – INTERMEDIATE COURSE – height approx 1m
Class 2 a PAIRS Entry £50
Class 2 b SOLO Entry £30
Entry above fees include £2 charge for Medical/Veterinary cover
NO ENTRIES ACCEPTED ON THE DAY OF COMPETITION
Entries will be on a first come first served basis and a wait list will be kept
Entries will close when a class is full or on 26th Sept. No refunds after the closing date
The course may be walked AFTER 2.30 pm on Friday 2nd October 2020 Please note, the course is long and hilly, make sure you allow sufficient time when walking the course
All competitors will be allocated a warm-up and competition time. Please adhere to these times, as it will not be possible to change them. Numbers in the warm-up area and start area will be limited
Covid 19 Measures
COVID 19 MEASURES FOR COMPETITORS
We are operating ARRIVE, COMPETE, LEAVE policy, please do not stay after the completion of your class as we need car parking and lorry park space for other people
Any changes to guidance will be published on quorn-hunt.co.uk
People allowed onto site
To reduce the number of people onsite ONLY the following people will be permitted on site per horse:
1 x Rider
1 x Support Person
If the rider is under 18 a Parent / Guardian is permitted in addition
We are sorry that spectators are not allowed this year and any other person exceeding the criteria above will not be permitted on site
Track & Trace Information
The person booking each entry is responsible for being the single point of contact for all team members and support team In the event they are required for track and trace. The details given by the person booking will be passed on if a need for track and trace arises
We need to reduce face to face contact as much as possible, therefore we will not have secretaries on site. Competitors will check in on entry to the site
Hand Sanitiser Location:
There will be hand sanitiser stations for people to use. Please observe Social Distancing and hand hygiene.
Please ensure that you park at least 5m from other vehicles
Aylesford Equine is a family run business; it is the home of Peter, Sue and Louise Walker. Situated in the heart of the Quorn Hunting countryside, its set amongst 160 acres of beautiful undulating hills.
Along with expanding the course over the years we built an All Weather Arena with B.S.J.A show jumps, which is available for hire to individuals, groups and pony/ riding clubs.
30 x 60 all weather arena with a set of showjumps.
All weather x country arena including water jump, steps, ditches, arrow heads etc includes the use of the showjumping arena.
Fully enclosed dressage arena either 20 x 40 or 20 x 60.
All the arenas are available for hire for individuals, groups and pony/riding clubs.
Set on high quality turf in attractive, undulating countryside the fences and courses have been designed by Stuart Buntine, professionally constructed and maintained by the team at Aylesford Equine.
More than 100 plus obstacles ranging from 1ft – 3ft6 including water complexes, coffins, sunken roads, drops, banks, skinny’s and traditional fences. They are set so that horses, at all stages, can be schooled and enjoy crossing country.
All jumps have maintained take offs and landings.
Riders can canter or hack round, taking all or occasional fences or concentrate on specific areas e.g. water, where one complex provides over 30 plus options.
Off the A6006, situated 5 miles from Melton Mowbray.
Well signed on the left one mile before the turning to Six Hills.
30 minutes from junction 21A of the M1 (Leicester) and junction 24 M1 (Kegworth).
40 minutes from Nottingham.
1 hour from Northampton.
Terms and Conditions
Rules and Conditions of Entry.
- The decision of the judges is final at all times and in all matters
- Mounted inspection of the course at any time will result in elimination
- There will be a timed section which will be based on an optimum time NOT the fastest time
- Each class requires a minimum of 3 entries and the organisers reserve the right to cancel, amalgamate or change any class
- The organisers reserve the right to limit or refuse entries
- Outside assistance of any kind is not allowed except in catching loose horses and assisting in re-mounting
- Dress – Correct Hunting Dress is preferred but cross country colours may be worn.
- All competitors must wear a crash helmet to current recognised BE Standards, which includes the current aquamarine hat tag. Please check the BE website if you are unsure. Contact us if you need further information
- An effective body protector to current approved BE Standards must be worn. Competitors wearing air jackets must wear a conventional body protector underneath. Please check the BE website if you are unsure
- No horse may compete more than once in any class and twice on the day
- Three refusals at a fence will result in elimination, after which competitors may continue around the course provided they make way for other competitors. They must leave the course if asked to do so by a fence judge or official
- No recording device is permitted (e.g. head/bridle camera)
Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of any event to which these rules apply, nor The Quorn Hunt, nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever.
Health, Safety and Welfare
The organiser of this Event has taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the Organiser and all the Officials and Stewards.
QHSA Hunter Trial is being organised by Quorn Hunt Supporters Association and the booking agent is Equine Bookings