Oxstalls Unaffiliated ODE
Horse Events ODE Vaccination Policy
Following the recent outbreak of Equine Influenza & advise from the BEF the following Policy has been put in place. This Policy will be constantly reviewed and updated as necessary.
All horses must be vaccinated for Equine Influenza within the last 12 months before entering the venue.
It is strongly advised that horses have a booster if they have not been vaccinated in the last six months.
If a horse has had a vaccination recently there must be six clear days between having the booster and arriving at the venue.
If a course of vaccinations has been started or restarted, the second vaccination must have been administered between 21 and 92 days after the first. before entering the venue, again leaving six clear days between having the second injection and arriving at the venue.
All Horses entering the venue including Companion horses MUST have a valid passport containing its vaccination certificate. Failure to produce this will result in you and any other horses travelling with you to be turned away. NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN.
Please follow the British Equestrian Federation advice. If you have any concerns on the health of your horse please contact your veterinary surgeon.
Passports will be checked at all venues.
Oxstalls Unaffiliated ODE –
Including Qualifier for the Horse Events Unaffiliated Eventing Championships 2019
Built by Charles Etherington Smith (BE course builder) with BD Judges and BS SJ Course Designer
Classes @ 80,90,100cm
Including Qualifier for the British Connemara Pony Society Eventing League 2019
Sunday includes an Inter Schools event please see separate schedule
The following classes are available for the Oxstalls Unaffiliated ODE
Show Jumping and Cross Country 80cm
Show Jumping and Cross Country 90cm
Show Jumping and Cross Country 100cm
Show Jumping and Cross Country 80cm
Show Jumping and Cross Country 90cm
Show Jumping and Cross Country 100cm
Entries and Entry Fees
All classes £65.00 Please note entries include VAT
There is a £1.50 non refundable booking fee per entry
There is a £10 start fee payable on the day
Entries Close: Wednesday 12th June or when full
Entries are first come first served for this event
Late entries may be accepted if classes are not full. Late entry fee, an additional £5.00, Late entries will be available online if there is space.
Enter online at www.horse-events.co.uk
If you can provide us with a volunteer for either day of the event this would be hugely appreciated.
Please indicate on the booking form if you can provide a volunteer.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US RUN THE EVENT
Start Times and Course Walking
Course Walking: Will be open for walking from 2pm on Friday 21st June.
Bad Weather on the day: to check the event is still going ahead or visit www.horse-events.co.uk
Start Times- Available from Thursday 20th June after 6pm at: www.horse-events.co.uk
Number Bibs – Are not provided. Please collect paper inserts from the secretary’s tent.
Age of Competitor- Must be over 7 years of age on the date of competition.
Body Protectors are compulsory for the Cross Country phase and strongly recommended for Show Jumping
Prizes and Rosettes- Prizes in kind – Rosettes will be awarded to 8th place for individuals
BCPS Eventing League
The series is open to registered pure and part-bred Connemara ponies.
Qualifiers will be run at 80cm, 90cm and 100cm. A combination will qualify for the championship in September if they post a top 10 placing or a double clear.
In order to qualify for, and compete at the championship, riders must be either full, junior or performance members of the BCPS. Please State on Entry of you would like to be eligible for this class. Please visit https://www.britishconnemaras.co.uk/sales/services/bcpsmembership.html for membership options and to join the Society.
Horse Events Unaffiliated Eventing Championships 2019
This championship is aimed for the amateur rider who does not class themselves as a professional rider of course this is hard quantify the following criteria have been put in place to encourage a fair competition for all involved. obviously this is self policed as we cannot track past results from other unaffiliated event. Honesty is paramount PLEASE BE FAIR TO ALL RIDERS INVOLVED IN THIS COMPETITION
If you have any queries over riders that have qualified that are not eligible please email email@example.com and we can investigate further.
How to qualify
Be placed in the top 10% of Eligible starters at any 80, 90 or 100 unaffiliated event hosting a Horse Events Qualifier (HEQ) and be eligible under the following criteria.
For the 80cm & 90cm No rider to have competed above BE Novice or equivalent in the last three years.
For 100cm No rider to have competed above BE Intermediate or equivalent in the last three years.
For qualifying competitions the combination must not of been placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd in any ODE 10cm higher than that of the class they are trying to qualify at.
(For example you cannot of been placed at a 90cm ode and qualify at 80cm)
At the championships the combination may of previously competed at 10cm higher than that of the qualifying height since qualifying and of been placed.
In the event of qualifying for two heights the combination must compete at the championship at the highest height they qualified for.
No horse or rider substitutions at the championships
Special prizes to be awarded at each height at the Championships
- Highest placed individual that is not employed in any equestrian related field and purely is a Hobby rider with only 1 horse.
- Best Veteran rider over 50
Championships is at Broadway Horse Trails on the 5th & 6th October 2019
Substitutions and Withdrawals
If substituting either a horse or rider there is a £5 admin charge after the closing date. Changing both horse and rider in the same entry qualifies as a new entry and must be paid in full. Substitution fees will be payable on the day.
ALL Withdrawals must be registered with entries secretary in writing or emailed. Please note if withdrawing after the closing date (12th June), in order to obtain your refund we MUST receive a vet’s or doctor’s certificate. Please send via email no later than the 24th June to obtain your refund.
Withdrawal policy depending on date of withdrawal:
- Withdrawals for whatever reason before the closing date (12th June) will receive a full refund minus the £10 admin fee.
Withdrawals after the closing date and before the withdrawal date (17th June 12 noon) for a veterinary or medical reason to the rider, if your place is replaced from our waitlist you will receive a full refund minus the £10 admin fee. If we are unable to fill your space a 50% refund is given.
- Withdrawals made after the withdrawal date (17th June, 12 noon) for a veterinary or medical reason to the rider, are non-refundable unless a replacement from our waitlist is found in this situation a full refund will be given minus the £10 admin fee.
- Withdrawals made 24 hours before the event Starting for whatever reason are non-refundable.
A stunning new riding venue for Gloucestershire…
Built and designed by BE approved course designer and builder, Oxstalls Cross Country is a new and exciting venue based between Cirencester and Stroud in Gloucestershire.
Set out by Charles, and his father Mike Etherington-Smith we pride ourselves on enabling the rider to link fences together easily, as well as providing combinations / technical fence that you will meet at horse trials. We benefit from free draining land, so to be able to open early in the spring for event preparation. With good grass cover the ground has stayed good, even with a lack of rain, ensuring it can be used all summer
We have over 100 fences for you to choose for ranging from 60 – 115cm, combinations up to intermediate standard.
We offer two grass dressage arenas (20×40, and 20 x 60) for that vital arena practice.
We have a set of show jumps on grass available for hire.
We will be adding a new field in 2019 dedicated to fences at 80 or under. In addition we will be adding some bigger / more technical combinations in the existing schooling field.
Terms and Conditions
- The horse trials will be run under British Eventing rules unless stated in this schedule.
- It is compulsory that all riders wear hats/helmets up to British Standard Riding Hats conforming to All PAS 015, VG1 – provided they are BSI Kitemarked, European – VG1 – provided they are BSI Kitemarked American –All SEI ASTM F1163 04a onwards and SNELL E2001 Australian & New Zealand – AS/NZS 3838 2006 onwards.
All Hats must carry a Horse-Events Tag or 2018 British Eventing/PC or RC tag.
- Riding is a risk sport and it is compulsory that all riders wear body protectors to the latest Beta Standard – we no longer permit the use of BETA Level 3 body protectors with a 2000 label. Air Jackets may be worn but must be worn over a body protector
- It is compulsory that every person entering upon the Horse-Events venue who is under the age of 18 years of age is accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Event stopwatches are allowed.
- It is compulsory that all dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
- It is compulsory that horseboxes are not to be mucked out on site.
- The Management of the venue & Horse-Events reserves the right to remove anyone from the course at any time without giving a reason.
- You note and accept there will be a paramedic, technician, doctor and 4×4 ambulance vehicle on site.
- A vet will be present at the event and a farrier will either be present or on call.
- The Event may be cancelled without notice due to adverse weather. In the event of adverse weather it is recommended that you check the website www.horse-events.co.uk or call 07962 251 696 before departing.
- All horses/ponies must be 4 years and over.
- If the event is cancelled, entry fees will be returned on to the payment card, minus a £10 admin fee per horse and rider combination.
- You accept our withdrawal policy stated on the printed schedule and online.
- Any queries or complaints must be in writing and handed to the Organiser within 30 minutes of the incident together with a fee of £20, which will be refunded if the objection is upheld.
- Fall of competitor in any phase of the event will result in elimination. All falls must be checked by the doctor before leaving the venue.
- Outside assistance is forbidden and will result in Elimination.
- People must expect to have their photograph taken at many of our events and we reserve the right to publish suitable photographs of those attending, along with the names of members involved. If you do not wish for your photo to be published please inform the secretary at the individual event with your competitor number and your photo will not be taken. If you would like an existing published photo to be removed from our Media please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do so immediately.
Personal Injury and Equipment Insurance Notice
The course’s owner or Horse Events Ltd does not insure the rider, your horse or your tack and equipment. You are strongly advised to have in place your own adequate personal accident insurance at all times.
The Venue, Horse Events Ltd or anyone involved in the organisation of the event will not be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to any person or their property however this may be caused.
Health and Safety
The organisers of this event have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring, and must obey the rules and instructions of the organisers and stewards/officials.
Oxstalls Unaffiliated ODE is being organised by Horse-Events and the booking agent is Equine Bookings
Book this horse event below
Please note that this event allows for reserve bookings. A ticket marked 'Wait List' indicates that the class is currently full but we are allowing for Wait List bookings. Booking such a ticket does not guarantee you entry but adds you to the wait list. We will notify you if you make it onto the confirmed list or alternatively will refund your booking.