North Cotswold Hunt Supporters Club Fun Ride
North Cotswold Hunt Supporters Club FUN RIDE
By kind permission – Earl of Wemyss and Stanway Estate Farmers
Start Venue & Lorry Park: Stanway Ash
A unique opportunity to ride across approximately 9 miles of beautiful North Cotswold Hunt Country.
A short course 6 miles or long course 9.5miles inc some optional jumps to suit all abilities along the way
Award Winning Photographer Sarah Farnsworth in attendance
Cost: Adults £25 16 yrs & under £20
Book on-line https://www.horse-events.co.uk/
NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY
Booking will close 24hrs before the event
The following classes are available for the North Cotswold Hunt Supporters Club Fun Ride
Entries & Entry Fees
£25 per adult
£20 for 16yrs and under
All entries are subject to a £1.35 non refundable booking fee
Your Questions answered
What is the minimum age?
- Under 14’s must be accompanied by an adult. 14 – 17 year olds can ride alone, however an adult must sign in with them and wait for them to return.
How high are the jumps?
- All of the jumps range in height from 20cm-80cm.
Do I need to bring my horse passport?
- You are required by law to carry your horse passport with you at all times when you are away from your horse’s place of residence.
Can I cycle with a rider?
- Unfortunately we cannot permit bicycles or other forms of transport on the route, for the safety of both yourself and those on horseback.
Is there a photographer?
- Yes! We have award winning photographer Sarah Farnsworth present Images can be purchased at https://www.sarahfarnsworth.co.uk and will be uploaded by the Friday after the event.
Is there water on the course?
- The course may take you through a small pool of water but there will be room to walk around the outside.
What safety equipment do I need to wear?
- A hard hat must be worn. We would also strongly advise you to wear body protection.
Is any of the course on a road?
- There may be a small amount of road work on very quiet roads
Can I pay on the day?
- During the current Coronavirus situation, we will NOT be accepting entries on the day. All bookings must be made online in advance to enable us to take your registration details in advance.
Photographer on Course
Internationally Published and Multi-Award-Winning Photography
Leica Fieldsports Photographer of the Year 2017: Category Winner ‘Gundogs’ & ‘Other’
Directions – turn off the B4077 at the top of Stanway Hill
The venue will be signposted.
There will be a one way entrance & exit system in operation
Nearest Postcode is GL54 5RY – Taddington village.
The start point is approximately half a mile from here you must follow the signs as there will be a one way system in operation
Terms and Conditions
Terms and ConditionsTo enable the NCHSC to operate the fun ride within government guidelines. We require your co-operation with the following terms and conditions:
- You may only attend and ride with members of your own household, or ONE person from another household
- All participants must have booked online in advance, entries will not be taken on the day, entries will close 24 hours before the event
Hand sanitiser must be provided and used by the participantsBy entering this event they automatically agree to all terms and conditions as specified
You will be required to follow our stewards guidance whilst on site and maintain distancing and hygiene measures that we have put in place for your safety.
- First Aid support will be present.
- No farrier will be present on the day
- A vet will be on call and you are asked to bring your own water and not leave horse droppings, straw or other bedding when you leave the parking area.
North Cotswold Hunt Supporters Club Fun Ride is being organised by and the booking agent is Equine Bookings