Minchinhampton Pony Club Open Arena ‘Eventers’ Challenge
Minchinhampton Pony Club Open ‘Eventers’ Challenge Competition
Held In the Olympic Arena, Summerhouse Equestrian
CLASSES ARE OPEN TO PC AND NON PC MEMBERS
Classes are qualifiers for PONY CLUB AREA 9 SHOW JUMPING CHAMPIONSHIPS at Rectory Farm, Duntisbourne Abbots on Sunday 1st September 2019
Rosettes kindly sponsored by Stroud Farm Services
PHOTOGRAPHER – Jasmine Punter Photography www.jasminepunterphotography.co.uk/
Onsite Catering First Aid in Attendance
The following classes are available for the Minchinhampton Pony Club Open Arena ‘Eventers’ Challenge
Entry & Entry Fees
Enter Online at www.horse-events.co.uk
Entry Fee: £15 per class plus a £1.35 non refundable booking fee
Closing date for entries – Friday 5th April 2019 :
Entries will close before 5th April if classes are full a waiting list will be held. If you miss the closing date please contact the Entries Secretary for any available spaces. Entries will only be accepted with full payment. Entries will be accepted in order of receipt/ payment.
ROSETTES: to sixth place for teams and individuals in each class.
Placings awarded on fewest jumping penalties closest to the optimum time.
Unmounted Prize Giving will take place at the end of each class NB in order to keep to time, the next class may have already started.
Please ensure all competitors are correctly dressed for prize giving
TIMES / DRAWN ORDERS
TIMES / DRAWN ORDERS will be available on the Minchinhampton PC website from Thursday 11th April.
Competitors may be asked to jump up to 15 minutes before their estimated time – please be ready.
COMPETITION DETAILS - TEAM MANAGERS
The competition will be run under 2019 Pony Club Show jumping Rules – this will apply to both Show Jumping and Simulated XC sections
Knock down = 4 penalties; 1st disobedience = 4 penalties; 2nd = 8 penalties; 3rd (cumulative over both phases) = elimination.
Fall of rider / horse, error of course, exceeding twice the optimum time = elimination
There is a window of 5 seconds under the optimum time in which no time penalties will be accrued – for those slower than the optimum time there will be 0.4 of a time penalty per each commenced second.
Those faster than the 5 second window will accrue 1 penalty per second. The optimum time will be based on a speed of 350mpm.
Only the XC section will be timed.
TEAM MANAGERS – Please ensure that all your riders are aware of the Rules and Notices.
SCHEDULE Class heights = height in first round
CLASS ONE: 60/65cm Sponsored by MARTIN&CO Sales & Lettings
CLASS TWO: 70cm Sponsored by JE Clarke Motor Factors
CLASS THREE: 80cm Sponsored by MARTIN&CO Sales & Lettings
CLASS FOUR: 85cm Sponsored by Hairware
CLASS FIVE: 90cm Sponsored by Cotswold Surveyors
CLASS SIX*: 1m – 1.05m
Summerhouse provides a range of top class facilities and services to riders of all levels. Our range of facilities, available for hire, whether for shows, rallies or training are shown below.
A large flood-lit car park, changing room and shower.
80m x 52m with wax surface, holds two full sets of BS Show Jumps and two full 20m x 60m Dressage Arenas.
Andrews Bowen Arena
The Andrews Bowen Arena – 40m x 60m with Andrews Bowen Pro Wax competition surface. This arena is used as a warm up for all competitions.
80m x 25m with Andrews Bowen Pro Wax competition surface with mirrors and indoor heated viewing gallery.
75m x 25m with Andrews Bowen Pro Wax competition surface with mirrors and indoor heated viewing gallery
Cross Country Paddock
2 Cross Country Schooling Paddocks available with 25 schooling fences ranging from 1’9″ to stage 4 level
Our Pavilion facility is a very versatile, fully heated, double glazed building, and is situated next to our Olympic Arena.
Its amenities include dining facilities for 50, lecture seating for 100, boardroom meeting style for 40 and a private hospitality room.
We have a state of the art ceiling mounted projector, with surround sound, electronic white board and laptop, 3 x 52″ TV screens, for adverts, presentations and live scoring/results.
The hospitality suite can cater for judges lunches, with hot and cold water dispenser, 3 food warmers, dishwasher, fridge and microwave.
We have bespoke catering on site offering full day catering or the option of picnic lunches, buffet lunches or table seated lunches, as required
Terms & Conditions
RULES AND NOTICES
- Teams to be made up of 3 or 4 combinations, with the best three scores to count.
- Substitutions allowed – please tell the Secretary
- Individuals in all Classes will be put in to teams where possible.
- TEAM MANAGERS – please note entries will be accepted in receipt order.
- Pre-entries are essential as entries will be limited. If you miss the closing date please email/phone the Secretary for available spaces. A waiting list will be held if necessary.
- Closing date for entries – Friday 5th April 2019. Withdrawals will only be given a refund on the receipt of a relevant doctor/vet certificate received by the Entries Secretary before Monday 22nd April. (please enclose an s.a.e.)
- If the show is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control, entry fees will be refunded on receipt of an s.a.e. received before 30th April 2019. All refunds will be subject to an administration fee.
- TIMES / DRAWN ORDERS will be available on the Minchinhampton PC website from Thursday 11th April. Competitors may be asked to jump up to 15 minutes before their estimated time – please be ready.
- Competitor numbers MUST be visible at all times whilst mounted.
- Warm up arena – the number of competitors in the warm up arena at any one time will be restricted to 3 teams (12 riders) please obey the steward’s instructions as to when you can use the warm-up.
- Children (under 16) must not jump in the warm-up arena without an accompanying adult.
- Each horse/pony may only compete once in each class and in a maximum of two classes. All horse/ponies must be at least 5 years old on day of competition. Stallions are allowed with prior permission from the Secretary and must have stallion discs and ribbons on; any stallion ridden by a Pony Club member must have written permission from their DC/Centre Proprietor which must be sent to the Secretary prior to the competition.
- Turnout for ALL riders and horses should be as in the Pony Club Rules for Eventing 2019.
Please contact the Secretary BEFORE the show day for any queries re dress/turnout. Rules available on the main Pony Club website.
- SPURS: ALL spurs worn anywhere on the showground, by any competitor, must comply with Pony Club rules. Misuse of spurs by any competitor will be recorded and reported and may result in disqualification from the competition.
- Any abuse of horses/ponies, officials, other competitors or members of the public will not be tolerated and those found doing so will be asked to leave the venue with no compensation and may be reported to the relevant authority.
- Judges’ decision is final. Any objection must be handed to the Show Secretary in writing with a £30 deposit (which will be forfeited if the objection is not upheld) within 15 minutes of the incident and BEFORE the prize giving for that class.
- INSURANCE; please ensure that you have adequate/appropriate insurance for rider, horse, property and third party.
- PHOTOGRAPHS: by entering this competition you are agreeing to be photographed whilst competing; these photographs may be used for future publicity. If you do not wish to be photographed please tell the photographer on entering the arena, before you jump.
No unauthorised photographers allowed – please check with the secretary on the day.
- Participants attend at their own risk; neither the Committee nor Summerhouse Equestrian will be liable for any loss, damage or accident to horses, riders, property or other persons.
- No horses and/or ponies are to be tied up outside lorries or trailers (N.B. There is no gate between the lorry park and the main road). Please clear any muck, hay and rubbish and do not leave any on the lorry park.
- The jumping will be run under The Pony Club Show jumping Rules 2019
- Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee, or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land , cars/ lorries/trailers, their contents and accessories or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
- The organisers of this event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents. They must obey the instructions of the organisers and all officials and stewards.
- All non- Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club insurance and must have their own third party cover. The Minchinhampton Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non-Members and their insurance will not cover them.
BY ENTERING THIS SHOW, COMPETITORS ARE ACCEPTING ALL RULES & REGULATIONS AND THE DISCLAIMERS.
Minchinhampton Pony Club Open Arena ‘Eventers’ Challenge is being organised by Minchinhampton Pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings