Mendip Fun Ride
Mendip Fun Ride
“ This event is a fundraiser for the Mendip Farmers’ Hunt and takes place by kind permission of local landowners. Please respect their generosity as you ride around their land”
Ride start at Lambs Leer, West Harptree, BS40 6EN. The event will be signposted.
Route approximately 10 miles with optional jumps along the way. There will also be a shorter route of approximately 5 miles.
First horse round at 9.30am, last horse round at 12pm.
Leisurely riders to leave by 10.30am latest.
– Rosettes on completion
– Refreshments available on site
– Photographers on the route
Booking will be in advance only and all entries will be pre-paid.
Limited numbers allowed due to COVID-19. No entries allowed on the day and entries are non-refundable.
Specific time slots will be given and must be kept to.
Booking closes on Friday 14 May.
The following classes are available for the Mendip Fun Ride
Entries & Entry Fees
Entries on line : http://www.horse-events.co.uk
14 years and under £12.00
All entries are subject to a non-refundable booking fee of £1.45
All riders must report to the start and on completion of the ride, to the finish.
Riders retiring early must inform one of the stewards stationed on the course.
Good riding manners are requested at all times. Please be cautious when overtaking others as they may be novice riders, or on young horses.
Horses to start within given time slot.
This ride is only suitable for riders experienced enough to ride across open country
There is no lower age limit for riders, but children under 14 should be accompanied by an adult.
Riders should carry emergency contact details on their person to include emergency contact name, contact number and any information on existing medical conditions or allergies.
The route will be clearly signed with arrows and there will be stewards stationed around the route.
If you get lost on the route, please call Charlotte Patterson (07747011943).
On completion of the ride, make sure you go through the finish and then please load up and leave a in a timely manner.
Take all rubbish home with you.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
No entries will be taken on the day.
No refunds will be given.
If for any reason the event is cancelled refunds will be given less booking fee
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Hats to one of the following standards must be worn: PAS015 1998 or 2001, VG1 01.040 2014-12, provided they are BSI Kitemarked or Inspect IC marked. ASTM F1163 2004a provided it is SEI marked. SNELL E2001 or E2016. AS/NZS 3838 2006 onwards provided they are SAI global marked and correctly secured at all times when mounted. More information can be found at http://www.bhs.org.uk/safety-and-accidents/common-incidents/what-to-wear/headwear.
- Body protectors are strongly recommended.
- All riders must wear suitable riding footwear. Wellington boots and trainers are not allowed.
- Riders are to abide by the Government guidelines due to the Coronavirus. Only ride with members of your own household or up to 6 others outside your home abiding to the 2m social distancing rule.
- All entries and payments will be made on-line.
- No entries will be taken on the day.
- No refunds will be given.
- Groups will be restricted to a maximum of 6 unless from the same household.
- Riders must stay a safe 2m distance from each other.
- A “just in time policy” for arrival will be in place – please arrive with just enough time to get yourself and your horse/pony ready for the ride.
- Only members of the same household should travel in the same vehicle to the event.
- No dogs will be permitted on the site – please leave them at home and not in vehicles.
- One non-riding support person per vehicle only will be allowed entry to the event.
- Lorries and trailers will be parked with at least 10m between them.
- Riders should take note of ground conditions and ride at an appropriate speed to mitigate the risk of slipping, falling or losing control of their horse/ pony.
- All riders must have 3rd party liability insurance.
- Anyone in breach of the above will be told to leave the site immediately and no refund of entry fee will be made.
- The organisers strongly recommend wearing Hi-Viz when riding.
- All riders are responsible for ensuring the safety of themselves and others.
- All riders must have previous experience of riding the horse they have entered into the event.
- Always ride with courtesy, care and consideration to fellow users of the route including equestrians, cyclists, walkers, particularly those who may be elderly, disabled, children or simply frightened of horses. Ride slowly past others.
- Do not stray from the planned route or designated areas. Remember horses hooves can damage surfaces in wet weather.
- Leave gates as you find them and ride slowly past all stock.
- If the event incorporates using a road, ensure the Highway Code is adhered to.
- All horses must be over the age of four years and of appropriate fitness level for the activity being undertaken – hooves and shoes must
be in good condition.
- Tack must be in safe condition and fit correctly.
- Don’t forget it is a legal requirement to have your horses’ passport when travelling to events.
- Personal information that you supply to us may be used in a number of ways. For example:
- To contact you about the event
- To promote the event to participants and the general public.
Please note: The organisers have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents. The organisers do not accept responsibility for any accident, injury, loss or illness to horse, rider, spectator or property whilst at this event.
Mendip Fun Ride is being organised by Mendip Funride and the booking agent is Equine Bookings