LEDBURY HUNT PONY CLUB OPEN INDIVIDUAL & TEAM 2 PHASE ARENA EVENTING
LEDBURY HUNT PONY CLUB OPEN INDIVIDUAL & TEAM 2 PHASE ARENA EVENTING
THIS IS OPEN TO BOTH MEMBERS AND NON MEMBERS OF THE PONY CLUB
To be Held in the International outdoor Arena at Hartpury which will be split to accommodate both a SJ ring and a Cross Country ring:
Entries for Individuals and Teams of 3 or 4 (best 3 scores to count).
When entering on horse-events please state the name of your team.
Entries will not be allocated to teams unless stated on the entry form.
Entries only on www.horse-events.co.uk Class numbers will be limited.
Medical cover is provided by Sharman first aiders.
Refreshments will be available onsite.
Photographers on the day will be Topshots.
The following classes are available for the LEDBURY HUNT PONY CLUB OPEN INDIVIDUAL & TEAM 2 PHASE ARENA EVENTING
Entries & Entry Fees
Entries only on www.horse-events.co.uk
Entries will close on Monday 25th April or earlier if classes are full. Class numbers will be limited.
All Classes £28 per competitor (£25 LHPC members).
Each rider will start with one round of show-jumping and then move to the adjacent ring to complete a round of cross-country style rustic fences. The show-jumping will be run as a single phase incorporating a timed jump-off section.
The Cross-country will be scored on faults alone. The team / individual with the lowest total faults for SJ and XC combined will be the winner, in case of a tie on faults the fastest time for the SJ jump-off section will win.
All entrants must wear a back protector in accordance with Pony Club Eventing rules 2022. NO FIXED PEAK HATS PERMITTED. Show jumping dress (Jacket) or XC colours may be worn. Please bring your own number bib. Numbers can be downloaded from Horse-events and you must provide your own printed numbers.
Times & Course Walk
Times will available from Horse Events and LHPC website on the evening of Friday 29th April.
COURSE WALKS: We will endeavour to run to time with course walks happening at the advertised times. Updates will be made on our Ledbury Open Events Facebook page throughout the day to keep competitors informed of changes where possible.
NUMBERS: rider numbers must be printed out by each competitor – please place one copy of the number in the windscreen of the vehicle before arrival. If wearing a number bib please wear front and back. If the number is to be put on the saddlecloth/bridle – please wear both sides. If the number is to be worn on the back of the rider, then please print at least A5 size. Numbers to be printed/written as large as possible in dark ink please.
Rosettes to 8th place for Individuals and 6th Place for Teams. Sashes for all winners.
COLLECTING PRIZES & ROSETTES: There will be an unmounted prize giving approx. 30 minutes after the results have been published.
General Rules & Conditions of Entry
- The organizers reserve the right to refuse entry, cancel or alter any classes without prior notice and/or limit entries.
- The show will be run under The Pony Club Show jumping Rules 2022 but with additional requirement that body protectors must be worn and no hats with a fixed peak are permitted.
- All warming up should take place in the appropriate area and no lunging is permitted.
- All horses must have a passport showing a valid vaccination record with a booster within the last 12 months of the date of the competition. NO HORSE or PONY MAY HAVE BEEN VACCINATED WITHIN THE PREVIOUS 7 DAYS PRIOR TO THE COMPETITION.
- Early entry is advised as entries will be limited. A waiting list may be held.
- If the show is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control, entry fees will be refunded. Any refund may be subject to an administration fee of £3, the horse-events booking fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- TIMES/DRAWN ORDERS WILL BE GIVEN – as advertised at the top of the schedule. Competitors may be asked to jump before their drawn order time – please be ready.
- Competitor numbers MUST always be visible whilst mounted.
- Each rider may be accompanied by one adult only – there will be a steward to do the jumps in the jump warm-up. Accompanying adults may watch from outside the collecting and jump arena or in the seating area but must then leave when the competitor has completed their round.
- Each horse/pony may only jump once in each class and in a maximum of two classes. Stallions are allowed with prior permission from the organiser; any stallion ridden by a Pony Club member must have written permission from their DC/Centre Proprietor which must be sent to the organiser prior to the show day. Stallions must wear stallion discs and ribbons.
- All horse/ponies must be at least 5 years old on day of competition.
- Tack and equipment for Pony Club members and horses should be as in the Pony Club Rules for Eventing 2022. Rules available on the main Pony Club website.
- Hats to PAS 015 1998 or 2011 with BSI Kitemark, VG1 with BSI Kitemark, Snell E2001 onwards with the official Snell Label and number, ASTM-F1163 2004a with SEI mark, AS/NZS 3838, 2006 with chinstrap fastened MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES WHEN MOUNTED. Pony Club Members must have hats tagged with official Pony Club tag prior to the event. NO FIXED PEAKS.
- SPURS: ALL spurs worn anywhere on the showground, by any competitor, must comply with Pony Club rules. Misuse of spurs by any competitor will be recorded and reported and may result in disqualification from the competition.
- Whips if carried must be held in the hand by the handle with the handle at the top. The whip must be padded. The maximum length of the whip is 70cm and must be no less than 45cm.
- Any abuse of horses/ponies, officials, other competitors or members of the public will not be tolerated and those found doing so will be asked to leave the venue with no compensation and may be reported to the relevant authority.
- Judges’ decision is final. Any objection must be handed to the Judges Box in writing with a £30 deposit (which will be forfeited if the objection is not upheld) within 15 minutes of the incident and BEFORE the end of that class.
- INSURANCE: please ensure that you have adequate/appropriate insurance for rider, horse, property and third party.
- PHOTOGRAPHS: by entering this competition you are agreeing to be photographed whilst competing; these photographs may be used for future publicity. If you do not wish to be photographed please tell the photographer on entering the arena before you jump.
- Participants attend at their own risk; neither the Committee nor Hartpury University will be liable for any loss, damage or accident to horses, riders, property, or other persons.
- No horses/ponies may be left tied to the outside of trailers/lorries without supervision. Please clear any muck/rubbish and do not leave on the field/lorry park. Please park as directed
- Dogs – must always be kept on a short lead and be under close control. Please clear up after your dog.
All non-Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club insurance and must have their own third party cover. The Ledbury Hunt Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non-Members and their insurance will not cover them.
In order for any objections to be made the final set of results will be confirmed at 8pm on the day of the event. If you would like to object or have us check your score you have until 7pm on the day of the competition to do so. Objections must be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or 07828908958 by 7pm on the day of the competition.
Withdrawals & Substitutions
If substituting either a horse or rider there is a £5 admin charge after the closing date. Changing both horse and rider in the same entry qualifies as a new entry and must be paid in full. Substitution fees will be payable with online start fees.
Withdrawals – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Withdrawal date 3 days before the closing date of entries for the competition ALL Withdrawals must be registered by 12 Noon on the day of entries closing by email to: email@example.com after the closing date please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Withdrawal policy depending on date of withdrawal:
- Withdrawals before the withdrawal date for a veterinary or medical reason to the horse or rider, if your place is replaced from our waitlist, will receive a refund minus the £10 admin fee. If we are unable to fill your space a 50% refund is given.
- Withdrawals made after the withdrawal date for a veterinary or medical reason to the horse or rider, are non-refundable unless a replacement from our waitlist is found. In this situation a full refund will be given minus the £10 admin fee.
- Withdrawals made within 48 hours before the event starting for whatever reason are non-refundable
In the event of cancellation for any reason all entries will be refunded minus a £3 cancellation charge per entry and please note that the booking fee is non-refundable. IN CASE OF ABANDONMENT PLEASE CALL 07828908958
PASSPORTS: horses/ponies will not be allowed to compete without their passport with valid flu vaccinations with a booster within the last 12 months of the date of the competition. No horse/pony may have had a vaccination within 7 days of the competition – Passports will be spot checked for compliance. A horse with a non-compliant passport will NOT be allowed to compete and there will be no refund of entry.
Hartpury Equine is home to a range of outstanding facilities. These include the Hartpury Arena composed of a 70m x 40m riding surface which has seating for 600 spectators, hospitality boxes/classrooms, a restaurant and bar; the 80m x 60m International Outdoor Arena with an adjacent 60m x 25m warm up arena and stabling on-site for 230 horses. All of our arenas are surfaced by Andrews Bowen.
Our other facilities include:
- Hartpury Indoor Arena (70m x 40m) with seating for 600
- Three outdoor arenas (including an 80m x 60m)
- Three more indoor arenas (60m x 25m, 60m x 21m and 25m x 35m)
- Stabling for 230 horses including 125 boxes for student livery
- Riding school
- Equine veterinary and therapy centre
- Aquafit treadmill
- High speed treadmill
- Solarium and other therapy systems
- Cross-country courses up to FEI 3* level
- Non-slip trop up 40m x 4m with a 12 m diameter trotting circle
Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee, or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land , cars/ lorries/trailers, their contents and accessories or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
The organisers of this event have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents. They must obey the instructions of the organisers and all officials and stewards.
LEDBURY HUNT PONY CLUB OPEN INDIVIDUAL & TEAM 2 PHASE ARENA EVENTING is being organised by LEDBURY HUNT PONY CLUB and the booking agent is Equine Bookings