Join Team Tapner Academy for an ‘Everything Grooming Day!’
Join Team Tapner Academy for an ‘Everything Grooming Day!’
The following classes are available for the Join Team Tapner Academy for an ‘Everything Grooming Day!’
Entries & Entry Fees
All entries online at Horse- Events
WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS
Cancellation: In the event of a cancellation, entry fees will be returned less £5 admin fee is retained
Withdrawals: 72 hours before OR once the times are done and sent out. Before the closing date entries will be refunded less £5 admin fee any course booking fee will be dependable on each venues rules.
All entries are subject to a non refundable booking fee stated online
Packing and Preparation
The day will include how to pack and prepare for taking your horse away, to also include a 3 day event. We will guide you through what to expect during your stay from arrival to departure and how to help your horse to compete to its maximum capabilities. This will include touching on Bio Security and doping rules, regulations and what to do if you or your horse get pulled for a drugs test plus much more.
After Care and Icing after XC
We will discuss preparation for the cooling down of your horse post XC. The normal procedure at a 3 day event when you are asked to cool down in a specific area in front of vets. We will also include our views on how to ice a horse post XC whether this is at the end of a competition or with a view to trot up the next day. This section can be the most hard work for an event groom and a rider and leads straight in to the trot up section.
Trot ups are a very important part of 3 day eventing. It is the first impression the Ground Jury see of you and your horse and can have devastating consequences if the Ground Jury are not impressed! It can also very sadly mean that after yours and your horses hard efforts the day before on the XC you may be spun in the final trot up before the showjumping and sometimes this can be just down to bad presentation by the riders. There is an art to presenting your horse in the trot up and Paul is a renowned expert in this important phase of Eventing. Learn how to prepare your horse for the trot up and how to present your horse (which believe it or not includes everyday leading!) and what to do if your horse is held.
Turn Out (3pm to 4pm)
For those who want to at the end of this session there will be a chance to learn how to plait, do quarter markers and learn the tips on how to present your horse looking sparkling and Beautiful!
Wickstead Farm Equestrian Centre is a BHS Approved Livery and Facilities Centre and listed in the BHS Where To Train. We are an Approved Pony Club Centre and also a Registered Riding for the Disabled Group. The establishment holds a full Council Licence is compliance of Section 1 of the Riding Establishments Act.
Wickstead Farm offers a full range of livery, schooling and competition facilities including indoor school, fully lit outdoor manege, horse walker, cross country course and spa. Based on a large National Trust Estate, between Highworth and Coleshill on the Wiltshire / Oxfordshire border, our clients enjoy off road riding and river crossings through beautiful Wiltshire countryside.
Cross Country Course
Wickstead has its own Professionally built Cross Country, with a range of jumps up to 3’3″ including two water complexes. We also have a new little minimus course with jumps 1′ – 1’9 . It is available for use for Competitions and Schooling.
If you would like to book the course for schooling it is £20 per horse please phone to let us know when you would like to come on 01793 762265 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Horse/Pony sports are dangerous. Neither the Tapner Eventing Team (Paul, Georgina or anyone acting on their behalf), nor the landowner can accept any liability for loss, damage, accident or injury to any persons, horses or property
- Personal Injury and Equipment Insurance Notice; The venue / instructor /Team Tapner (Paul, Georgina or anyone acting on their behalf) or Horse-Events Ltd do not insure the rider, your horse or your tack and equipment. You are strongly advised to have in place your own adequate personal accident insurance at all times
- The Venue/ Horse-Events Ltd and The Instructors will not be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to any person or their property however this may be caused
- Any equipment, even if advised by Paul, Georgina or a representing body, is used at your own risk
- Helmets and other safety equipment must adhere to the standards used in Affiliated competition (BSI Kitemarked, SEI ASTM F1163 04a onwards and SNELL E2001). You are strongly recommended to replace your hat if damaged or following a fall
- Wearing a body protector of the correct standard (Level 3) is compulsory when riding XC
- Each rider is advised to have their own personal accident insurance, Paul, Georgina or anyone acting on behalf of Team Tapner Academy or Tapner Eventing team cannot be held responsible and all taking part is done so at the riders own risk
- It is noted that Eventing and training with horses is a particularly dangerous sport
- Your tack and equipment must be well-fitting and safe. Further guidance can be found in the BHS handbooks, or ask Paul or Georgina
- It is compulsory that every person entering a Team Tapner Academy lesson who is under the age of 18 years of age is accompanied by a responsible adult
- Anyone going an online webinar under the age of 14 must have an adult present
- The Management of the venue or Team Tapner reserves the right to ask anyone to leave the venue / course / webinar at any time without giving a reason
- You note and accept there will be a no medical or veterinary cover on site
- All horses/ponies must be over four years old
- In the event of a cancellation, entry fees will be returned less £5 admin fee is retained
- Withdrawals: 72 hours before OR once the times are done and sent out. Before the closing date entries will be refunded less £5 admin fee any course booking fee will be dependable on each venues rules.
Join Team Tapner Academy for an ‘Everything Grooming Day!’ is being organised by Team Tapner Eventing and the booking agent is Equine Bookings