Dallas Burston SEG Arena Eventing Including Qualifiers
Dallas Burston SEG Arena Eventing Including Qualifiers for the Gatcombe & Barbury SEG Arena Eventing Final
GET YOUR GOLDEN TICKET TO THE CHAMPIONSHIPS
SEG Arena Eventing Qulifier for Gatcombe (90CM) & Barbury (100CM) Championship.
Open to all schools registered to the School Equestrian Games, it is free to register and is a one time registrations for each school which can be completed HERE
HOW TO QUAILIFY
Individuals & teams of 3. – (Teams must consist of 3 different rider and 3 different ponies from the same school)
GET YOUR GOLDEN TICKET TO THE CHAMPIONSHIPS
At each of the 3 Qualifying competitions the Top 2 teams and Top 3 individuals will qualify to compete at Gatcombe Festival of Eventing (90cm) & Barbury International Horse Trials (100cm) in the SEG Arena Eventing final.
Qualifying ballot to the championships – go double clear at one of the SEG ODE’s between April & the date of the final and have your chance to enter the championships. (Please note this way of qualifying is not guaranteed as in the event of oversubscription, a ballot will take place
Any School which has 3 riders competing will be entered into the individual & team competition.
The following classes are available for the Dallas Burston SEG Arena Eventing Including Qualifiers
All entries online at www.horse-events.co.uk
Entries close 10th May or when full
Withdrawals & Refunds
In the event of abandonment entry fees will be returned less £5 administration fee or entries can be carried over to another competition date
Withdrawals received by email before the close of entries will have entry fees returned less £5 administration fee
On and after the closing date of entries no refunds will be made.
Rosettes will be posted and scores posted online.
Please do not hang around till the end of the class. After you have competed please leave, results will be posted on line and prizes will be posted after.
There will be catering onsite. Social distancing must be adhered to a maximum of 6 people queuing at once and sitting together. If the queue is larger than this please come back at a different time. Food to be eaten at your vehicle and all rubbish to be taken home and disposed of.
We recommend bringing your own sanitiser, towels, or wipes.
Competition & Rules
SEG rules apply unless stated separately in this schedule
Arena Eventing is a ‘derby style’ competition with a section of 8-10 Show Jumps leading to 8-10 efforts over portable Cross-Country fences and finishing over a slightly higher joker Show Jump. If you knock the joker fence down, you will incur 6 penalties.
Competitors will go straight from the Show Jumping into the Cross-Country phase, where competitors must get as close to the optimum time as they can. Classes 1 & 2 350mpm classes 3 & 4 375mpm
The Winner is the rider who is clear and closest to the optimum time.
|Penalties will be as follows||Show Jumping||Cross Country|
|4 penalties||20 penalties|
|8 penalties||40 penalties|
|Knock down of obstacle.
|Knock down of Joker fence||6 penalties||6 penalties N/A
|Fall of horse.
|First fall of rider
|Exceeding time limit*
|Error of Course
|Retaking obstacle already jumped||Elimination||Elimination|
General Rules & Terms
- Hard hats must be worn at all times when mounted PAS015/BSEN1284 for all jumping phases. Hats tagged by British Eventing, British Riding Clubs or Pony Club are acceptable.
- Body Protectors must be worn.
- Any horse/pony which is considered to be unsound, unfit or unhealthy or unsafe by a Judge or the Organiser will be excluded from the competition without refund of entry fee.
OBJECTIONS ~ Anyone wishing to make an objection must do so in writing within 30 minutes of the incident happening along with a £50 deposit. The deposit will be forfeited if the objection is not sustained.
HEALTH & SAFETY ~ The organiser of this event has taken every reasonable precaution to ensure the health and safety of every person present. For these measures to be effective everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organiser and all officials and stewards connected with this event.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY ~ Save for death or injury by the negligence of the organiser of anyone for whom they are in law responsible, LandS Eventing, for themselves, their servants, agents, employees and all those connected with the Event do not accept liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury, illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, vehicles, their contents and accessories or any other person or property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or statutory duty in any way whatsoever of themselves, their servants, agents, employees and all those connected with the event or otherwise.
The Organiser reserves the right to cancel any class, divide any class, alter advertised times or refuse an entry.
Dallas Burston Polo Club
Dallas Burston Polo Club offers a unique and versatile location for specialised events, conferences, weddings and private functions, all set within a backdrop of live polo matches.
The newest equestrian fixture at the club this 2.4 acre outdoor facility is one of the largest all-weather arenas in Europe and is suitable for a variety of equestrian disciplines
Terms and conditions for MPEC’S use of facilities and competitions:
1. The organisers reserve the right to cancel or amend and competitions or classes in any way.
2. A ‘Riding Hat’ designed to provide protection, must be worn at all times by anyone whether or not a participant or competitor, riding anywhere at the Mendip Plains EC site. Hats must reach at least one of the following standards: AII PAS 015: 1998, BS EN1384: 1997 – Provided that they are BSI Kite marked or SEI. Snell E2001 plus Snell Label with chin strap fastened as so to prevent the movement.
3. Body protectors – a British Equestrian trade association (Beta) approved and appropriately labelled Level 3 body protector, manufactured in the year 2000 or after, is mandatory for cross country and whenever else a body protector is required to be worn.
4. For all competitions, the judge’s decision is final. At all times, all competitors, and other visitors to Dallas Burton must ad hear to all instructions provided by stewards.
5. All persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
6. All rubbish must be disposed of in the bins provided. Lorries/trailers are not to be skipped out onto the car park, again please use skips and bins provided.
7. No horse/pony is to be left unattended unless secured in a lorry or trailer attached to a vehicle.
8. Dogs are welcome onsite but must be kept on a lead at all times. Waste is to be disposed of in bins provided.
9. Nno smoking is permitted in any of the buildings.
11. All accidents must be reported, and an accident report completed at the office.
12. In all competitions the Judge’s decision shall be final.
13. There may be photography or filming going on at our competitions and it is your responsibility to let us know if you do not want to be photographed or filmed whilst at our event.