Cotswold Hunt Pony Club – New Year Eventer’s Challenge
- Cotswold Hunt Pony Club – New Year Eventer’s Challenge
Classes are open to PC and NON PC members.
Entries close at 10am 27th Dec 2019
TOP SHOTS PHOTOGRAPHY WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE
Hot drinks, rolls, sweets, crisps etc will be available to purchase.
The following classes are available for the Cotswold Hunt Pony Club – New Year Eventer’s Challenge
Entries & Entry Fees - Withdrawals
All Entries online via www.horse-events.co.uk
Classes 1a and 1b £15
Classes 2-7 £18
All entries are subject to a £1.35 non refundable booking fee
If you are unable to attend, please notify the Entry Secretary, Horse Events, at the earliest opportunity or the Organiser on the day so that your place may be reallocated. Entry fee refunded up to close of entries, thereafter only if the place is reallocated.
START TIMES / COURSE WALK
Start Times and Course Walk
Entry lists and indicative times will be posted on the Cotswold Hunt PC website www.branches.pcuk.org/cotswoldhunt after 7pm on Monday 30th December 2019 but can also be found on the Horse Events website.
Classes will be run in numerical order and the course will be available to walk 10 minutes before the start of each class, please be prompt
First Coursewalk 9am
Class 1 starts at 9.15am
*PLEASE NOTE THAT NUMBERS OF RIDERS WILL BE LIMITED TO 6-8 AT A TIME IN THE WARM UP AREA.*
Hacking jackets or Cross country colours may be worn. 2018 Aqua tagged hats and BETA 2009 body protectors are strongly advised. Air jackets if worn, must be worn in combination with a body protector. All competitors must wear jodhpur / riding boots. Stirrups should be of the correct size to suit the rider’s boots and must have 7mm (¼”) clearance on either side of the boot.
Rosettes to 6th place and ‘Best Cotswold’ member.
Prize for winner of each class.
The Unicorn Equestrian Centre is in the heart of the Cotswold was established in 1996 and is a purpose built all weather equestrian facility.
It has been specifically designed to meet the highest standard required for a wide variety of equestrian disciplines.
66 x 30m indoor arena with viewing gallery and seating for 100 plus people.
60 x 20m outdoor area.
100 x 40m carriage driving arena.
Conference facilities for large and small meetings, ample stabling and parking, on-site accommodation and home cooked catering.
(registered charitable company number 1148612)
Terms & Conditions
- To be run under Pony Club Eventing Rules (see PC website www.pcuk.org)
The rules will have the following exception:
A} If you have 3 refusals at one fence, you may continue at the judges discretion.
B} If you are eliminated in the SJ phase, you may go on to the XC phase at the judges discretion.
- Open to all Pony Club and Non-Pony Club members, who have their own insurance.
- No horse can compete more than once per class, unless by prior agreement.
- The class winners will be decided by the fastest double clear, single phase. The timer will start before the first rustic fence and finish after the final jump.
- Classes will be run in numerical order and the course will be available to walk 10 minutes before the start of each class. Approximate class times will be available on the Horse Events website prior to the competition. Any competitor who misses their turn may be disqualified at the judges’ discretion.
- All competitors must wear a protective helmet, manufactured to one of the minimum standards listed in the Pony Club Hat Rule 2019 at all times when mounted with the chin straps fastened. All hats must be tagged with an Aqua 2018 Pony Club, Riding Club or BE hat tag. This can be done on the day at the event secretary, please allow enough time for this.
- The decision of the judge is final and any objection must be made to the Secretary with a deposit of £20, refundable if the objection is upheld.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify anyone for misuse of whip or spurs, dangerous riding or any horse in poor or lame condition.
- Prizes will be forfeited if not collected from the secretary.
- Horses/Ponies must not be left unattended, especially never left unsupervised tied to the outside of lorries. Please pick up droppings in lorry park. Only the competitor may ride the horse on the day at the event. NO lunging in the lorry park.
- Penalties: Knock down = 4 penalties; 1st disobedience = 4 penalties; 2nd = 8 penalties; 3rd (cumulative over both phases) = elimination.
Results will be displayed and prizes to be collected, unmounted from the Secretary area.
Cotswold Hunt Pony Club – New Year Eventer’s Challenge is being organised by and the booking agent is Equine Bookings