Cotswold Hunt Pony Club December Eventer Challenge – CANCELLED
Due to the Increase in Covid cases and areas escalating into higher tier the decision has been taken to cancel this event.
All entries will be refunded in full minus the booking fee.
Cotswold Hunt Pony Club Eventer Challenge
Classes are open to PC and NON PC members – 40cm – 100cm
Including the Pony Club Eventer Challenge WINTER SERIES PRELIMINARY QUALIFIERS
Classes 1 and 2 are for novice and inexperienced combinations only
TOP SHOTS PHOTOGRAPHY WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE
Hot drinks and refreshments available
The following classes are available for the Cotswold Hunt Pony Club December Eventer Challenge – CANCELLED
Entries & Entry Fees
Entries online at www.horse-events.co.uk
Classes 1 – 3 £15
Qualifying Classes 4 – 7 £19
CLOSING DATES FOR ENTRIES:
Friday 23rd December 2020
Entries will close earlier if full.
Late entries will be subject to availability and be charged at £5 extra per class if space permits
Class 1a & b – 40cm assisted Class 1b- 40cm unassisted
Class 2- 50cm unassisted
Class 3 – 60cm
Class 4 – 70cm (Qualifier)**
Class 5 – 80 cms (Qualifier)
Class 6 – 90 cms (Qualifier)
Class 7 – 100cms (Qualifier)
Classes 6 & 7 will be warmed up in groups indoors
*Combinations competing in Class 1 may not compete in Classes 3 and above.
**Class 4 – 70cm class: Riders in this class must be aged 14 years and under on 1st January 2020 to qualify. Older riders are welcome to enter but won’t be eligible for the championships.*
First course walk: TBC
Rosettes to 6th place and highest placed CHPC member Prizes for winners of each class.
Special ‘Judges Choice’ rosette for each class.
There will be no prize giving due to Social Distancing regulations. Results will be displayed and rosettes/prizes to be collected, unmounted from the secretary table.
Pony Club Winter Series Eventer Challenge:
Pony Club Winter Series Eventer Challenge:
There are three stages to this competition:
Preliminary Rounds (of which this is one) which are held throughout the country. The first four will
be awarded rosettes and qualify to go forward to the Area Final. You must attend your own Area
Competition. The Open competition has no Prelim Rounds involved, members qualify by competing
at an Area competition where the first three qualify for the Championships.
Winter Series Area 9 Regional Final (date to be confirmed)
England and Wales 2020/2021 Spring Festival Final at Arena UK 9th/ 10th/ 11th April 2021
Event Details Rules
ENTRIES & RULES
- Entries only online at www.horse-events.co.uk
- *Combinations competing in Class 1 may not compete in Classes 3 and above.
- **Class 4 – 70cm class: Riders in this class must be aged 14 years and under on 1st January2020 to qualify. Older riders are welcome to enter but won’t be eligible for the championships.*
- All classes are open to both Pony Club and non-members in this Preliminary Round but non-members of The Pony Club must become fully paid up members to compete at the Area 9 Competition in order to qualify for the Championships.
- Riders cannot compete in more than two qualifying classes (4-7) per day. Horses/poniescannot compete more than once in each class or in more than two classes on the day.
- Competitors may qualify a maximum of two horses and/or ponies for any one ChampionshipClass (4-7) .
- Riders/horses/ponies and/or combination of horse and rider can qualify for more than oneChampionship Class (4-7).
- No horse/pony under the age of 4 years may compete in classes 1-3 and no horse/ponyunder the age of 5 may compete in classes 4-7
- In the event of cancellation, £5 of the entry fee will be retained to defray costs. No refund for whatever reason after the closing date.
- After the relevant closing date no substitution may be made of horses or riders except in the case of illness, lameness or other unavoidable circumstances which must be certified in writing to the secretary. No substitutions can be made after the competition has started.
- A booking fee will be applied to all entries by Horse Events and a compulsory paramedic cover will be applied to every competitor.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN
- Social distancing is to be practiced at all times. Obviously do not attend if any member of your household is displaying any symptoms.
- Similarly you must not come if you have visited a country which requires quarantine on return, and you are in that quarantine period.
- Please park at a sensible distance from others, at least 5m apart.
- Only a driver and/or adult helper should travel to equestrian events with an under 18. So no siblings/trainers/general supports should be coming and please keep numbers of attendees to a minimum, and well Socially Distanced. We reserve the right to ask for information on all attendees for track and trace purposes,
- Bring your own PPE. You are responsible for their own hand sanitisation and bring your own wipes to wipe down gate handle/ the loo handles before and after use and dispose of your own wipes – CHPC will provide PPE for the organisers and judges only.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY everyone MUST wash/sanitise their hands before and after competing.
- A WARM UP ARENA with jumps will be provided for a maximum of 15 mins and five horses at a time or three ponies with leaders. Warm up time will be 10 minutes.
- No spectators or grooms are allowed to access the warm-up arena.
- The warm-up arena will be stewarded and no one is to touch the warm up jumps without using hand sanitiser first, and afterwards. Sanitiser will be provided on the entrance to the warm up area.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!
Knocking down obstacle 4 penalties
First disobedience of horse 4 penalties
Second disobedience of horse in whole course 8 penalties
Third disobedience of horse in whole SJ course Elimination*
(Each circle or crossing tracks between fences counts as one disobedience)
Fall of rider Elimination* Fall of Horse Elimination*
Error of course not rectified Elimination*
Starting before the Bell Elimination*
Time will be taken overall.
For every commenced second in excess of the optimum time 0.4 penalty
Every commenced second in excess of 5 seconds under the
optimum time 0.4 penalty
Exceeding the time limit Elimination. Time limit is twice the optimum time
Knocking down an obstacle 4 penalties
First refusal, run-out or circle of horse at obstacle 20 penalties
Second refusal, run-out or circle at same obstacle 40 penalties
Third refusal, run-out or circle at same obstacle Elimination
Four refusals around the XC course Elimination
Fall of horse Elimination Fall of rider Elimination
Error of Course not rectified
Horse resisting rider for 60 consecutive seconds anywhere on the course Elimination
Failure to cross the finish line mounted Elimination
The Unicorn Equestrian Centre is in the heart of the Cotswold was established in 1996 and is a purpose built all weather equestrian facility.
It has been specifically designed to meet the highest standard required for a wide variety of equestrian disciplines.
66 x 30m indoor arena with viewing gallery and seating for 100 plus people.
60 x 20m outdoor area.
100 x 40m carriage driving arena.
Conference facilities for large and small meetings, ample stabling and parking, on-site accommodation and home cooked catering.
(registered charitable company number 1148612)
Terms and Conditions
This competition will run under the Pony Club Arena Eventing rules for England and Wales 2020/21. For full details click this link: PC Arena Eventing Rules 2020. These general rules follow the current Pony Club Eventing Rule book except as modified below:
- All classes will run as a two phase competition, in the indoor arena.
- Competitors will jump a course of show jumps immediately followed by cross country fences, and will finish with the last fence as a show jump, the joker fence. The Joker fence will be approximately 10cm higher than the rest of the course, if you knock the Joker fence down this will incur 6 penalties.
- The optimum time will be based on a speed of 325 mpm (PC80 and below), and 375 mpm PC 90 and above).
- Stop Watches are not permitted.
- The winner will be the competitor with the lowest number of penalties. In the event of a tie the winner will be the one closest to, but under the optimum time.
- There will be a drawn order with approximate start times given in advance – see HorseEvents.
- The course will only be open for walking before the class starts.
• The Judge’s decision is final. Objections must be made in writing within 10 minutes of the results being published with a deposit of £20, (refundable if objection is upheld).
SADDLERY AND DRESS
• Cross Country compliant XC kit and Saddlery must be worn (see Pony Club Eventing rules). Either Pony Club or British Eventing Saddlery and Dress rules apply. This includes a body protector and hat without a peak (both to be Pony Club/BE compliant).
PUBLIC SAFETY AND EVENT LIABILITY
- Please remember to bring your own Number Bib or Bridle Number.
- Numbers to be printed by competitors.
- See here for link to print A4 numbers: Horse Events number
When not competing all horses/ponies must be kept to the horse box park or collecting rings. They must not be exercised in the car/lorry park, or among spectators.
No lunging in the lorry park.
Horses/ponies tied to trailers or lorries must not be left unattended.
All horses and ponies must be fully vaccinated against equine flu within the past 12 months, according to the Pony Club Vaccination rules. Spot checks may be made.
Save for the death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers, or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event or The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence, breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
All non Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club Insurance and must have their own third party cover. The CHPC Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non Members and their insurance will not cover you. The Organisers reserve the right to refuse an entry, restrict entries and make alterations when necessary
No refunds will be given except on receipt of valid Veterinary or Doctors Certificate.
Cotswold Hunt Pony Club December Eventer Challenge – CANCELLED is being organised by and the booking agent is Equine Bookings