Belvoir Hunt Pony Club Mini Hunter Trial
MINI HUNTER TRIAL
By kind permission of Mr & Mrs Adam Whatmough
Open to Pony Club and NON Pony Club Members
Mini hunter trial over a shortened course for novice children aged 15 years and under (1st Jan 2018) and ponies 15hh and under.
Rounds will be timed and places will be decided by proximity to the optimum time in all classes in the case of equality of points. The optimum time will be appropriate for the riders at this level.
Light refreshments will be available.
NO DOGS PLEASE
The following classes are available for the Belvoir Hunt Pony Club Mini Hunter Trial
Entries & Entry Fees
Pre-entry Belvoir PC members: £11
Pre-entry non Belvoir PC members: £13
Entries on the day if there is space: £15
All entries are subject to £1.00 non refundable booking fee.
Entries and Withdrawals
Last year’s event was very popular, so we would recommend that pre-entries are made before the closing date of Tuesday 24th September 2019. Entries will be accepted on the day.
If you are unable to attend after entering, please notify the Entry Secretary at the earliest opportunity so that your place may be reallocated. Your entry fee will be refunded up to close of entries, thereafter only if the place is reallocated.
Approximate start times online: www.branches.pcuk.org/belvoir from 7pm on Thursday 26th September 2019.
Competitors may wear either cross country colours or tweed jacket and a tie or stock. All competitors must wear jodhpur / riding boots and stirrups should be of the correct size to suit the rider’s boots. They must have 7mm (¼”) clearance on either side of the boot. It is compulsory to wear a body protector and all hats must be PC tagged – see Rules section below. Grass reins are not permitted but Daisy reins may be used for courses of up to 50cm.
Prizes will be awarded to 1st place and rosettes to 6th place. Rosettes to Best Belvoir in
Prize winners should be correctly dressed in riding clothes for the prize giving. Please note it is discourteous for prize winners not to attend the prize giving.
If you genuinely cannot wait please arrange for someone else to collect your rosette or make arrangements with the Secretary.
Failure to do this will result in forfeiture of prize.
Course Inspection and Venue
The course will be open for inspection on Saturday 28th September 2019 after 9.30am.
There will also be a 10 minute course walk between classes.
- 1st refusal, circle or run out- 20 Penalties
- 2nd refusal, circle or run out at same obstacle- 40 Penalties
- 3rd refusal, circle or run out at same obstacle- Elimination
- Uncorrected error of course- Elimination
- Fall of horse- Elimination
- Fall of rider (remount subject to medical approval)- 60 penalties
- Second fall of rider (on the whole course)- Elimination
- Competitors with 4 cumulative refusals may only continue at the discretion of the Official Steward
Equine Influenza Vaccination
All horses and ponies attending the event must have had an equine influenza vaccination in the previous 12 months – this must have been done 7 days or more prior to the competition. Spot checks will be carried out so please ensure you have your passport.
Venue will be signposted from Wymondham village
Rules and Regulations
- To be run under the cross country section of the Pony Club Eventing Rule Book 2019. Please ensure you are familiar with them.
- Open to all Pony Club and NON Pony Club members.
- Age as of 1st January 2019.
- Entries are limited and taken in order of receipt.
- Horses or ponies must be 5 years old or over.
- Stallions are not permitted at this event.
- It is mandatory for all competitors to wear a protective helmet at all times when mounted with the chin straps fastened and adjusted so as to prevent movement of the hat in the event of a fall. The hat must be manufactured to one of the minimum standards listed in the Pony Club Hat Rule 2019. Hat checks will be carried out. All hats must be tagged with an aquamarine Pony Club, British Eventing (BE) or British Riding Club (BRC) hat tag; this can be done on the day.
- No horse or pony may compete more than once in any class. No horse or pony may compete more than three times in total during the day.
- Body protectors are compulsory. Air jackets if worn must be in combination with an approved body protector.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel or amalgamate any class if there are insufficient entries.
- Any objections must be made within 15 minutes of completion of the class, accompanied by a deposit of £20.00.
Legal Liability Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event nor The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other personal property whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
Health And Safety The organiser of this Event has taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organiser and all officials and stewards.
Insurance Non-Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club Insurance and must have their own third party cover. The Belvoir Hunt Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non- Members and their insurance will not cover you.
Belvoir Hunt Pony Club Mini Hunter Trial is being organised by Belvoir Hunt Pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings
Book this horse event below
Please note that this event allows for reserve bookings. A ticket marked 'Wait List' indicates that the class is currently full but we are allowing for Wait List bookings. Booking such a ticket does not guarantee you entry but adds you to the wait list. We will notify you if you make it onto the confirmed list or alternatively will refund your booking.