Belvoir Hunt Pony Club Autumn Hunter Trail
Belvoir Hunt AUTUMN HUNTER TRIAL
By kind permission of Mr and Mrs A Smith-Maxwell
Open to Pony Club and NON Pony Club Members
XC Course Designed & built by Philip and Guy Herbert – up to height
Refreshments will be available from The Country Kitchen.
DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES AT ANY TIME DUE TO YOUNG STOCK
Anyone bringing a dog will be asked to leave
The following classes are available for the Belvoir Hunt Pony Club Autumn Hunter Trail
Entries & Entry Fees
All entries online at www.horse-events.co.uk
Last year’s event was very popular, so we would recommend that pre-entries are made before the closing date of Monday 23rd September 2019.
Entries will only be accepted on the day if space is available. If classes are full we will communicate it on our Facebook page and website – please check if you are planning to enter on the day.
All entries are subject are subject to a non refundable booking fee
|Pre-entry Belvoir PC members:
Pre-entry non Belvoir PC members:
Entry on the day (if space)
1, 3 & 5 (per pair) £28£34£36
2, 4 & 6£18£22£25
£1.35 per class
£1.50 per class
There will be a timed section and places will be decided by proximity to the optimum time in all classes in the case of equality of points.
|· 1st refusal, circle or run out||20 penalties|
|· 2nd refusal, circle or run out at same obstacle||40 penalties|
|· 3rd refusal, circle or run out at same obstacle||Elimination|
|· Uncorrected error of course||Elimination|
|· Fall of horse||Elimination|
|· Fall of rider (remount subject to medical approval)||60 penalties|
|· Second fall of rider (on the whole course)
· Competitors with 4 cumulative refusals may only continue at the discretion of the Official Steward
Times & Course Walk
Class 1 starts at 9am Prompt
Course Inspection, Venue and Directions
The course will be open for inspection from 1pm until 5pm on Saturday 28th September 2019.
Stock will be turned out at 5pm when the gates will be locked.
Please approach South Lodge from Risewood Lane (running between Old Somerby and Ropsley village) and NOT via the north side from the A52.
Prizes will be awarded to 3rd place and rosettes to 10th place in the individual classes and to 6th place in pairs classes. Rosettes and Trophies to Best Belvoir in each class.
Prize winners should be correctly dressed in riding clothes for the prize giving. Please note it is discourteous for prize winners not to attend the prize giving. If you genuinely cannot wait please arrange for someone else to collect your rosette or make arrangements with the Secretary. Failure to do this will result in forfeiture of prize.
Competitors may wear either cross country colours or tweed jacket and a tie or stock.
All competitors must wear jodhpur / riding boots and stirrups should be of the correct size to suit the rider’s boots. They must have 7mm (¼”) clearance on either side of the boot.
It is compulsory to wear a body protector and all hats must be PC tagged – see Rules section below.
If you are unable to attend after entering, please notify the Entry Secretary at the earliest opportunity so that your place may be reallocated. Your entry fee will be refunded up to close of entries, thereafter only if the place is reallocated.
Equine Influenza Vaccination, Dress & Saddlery Rules
Equine Influenza Vaccination, Dress & Saddlery Rules
All horses and ponies attending the event must have had a booster in the last six months – this must have been done 7 days or more prior to the competition. Passports will be required when collecting numbers.
Competitors may wear either cross country colours or tweed jacket and a tie or stock. All competitors must wear jodhpur / riding boots and stirrups should be of the correct size to suit the rider’s boots. They must have 7mm (1⁄4”) clearance on either side of the boot. It is compulsory to wear a body protector and all hats must be PC tagged – see Rules section below.
Home to the Belvoir Hunt Pony Club Junior and Novice ODE.
Terms and Conditions
- To be run under the cross country section of the http://www.pcuk.org/index.php/sports/eventing/eventing_rules/ Please ensure you are familiar with them.
- Open to all Pony Club and NON Pony Club members.
- Age as of 1st January 2019.
- Entries are limited and taken in order of receipt.
- Horses or ponies must be 5 years old or over.
- Stallions are not permitted at this event.
- Hats. It is mandatory for all competitors to wear a protective helmet at all times when mounted with the chin straps fastened and adjusted so as to prevent movement of the hat in the event of a fall. The hat must be manufactured to one of the minimum standards listed in the Pony Club Hat Rule 2019. Hat checks will be carried out. All hats must be tagged with an aquamarine Pony Club, British Eventing (BE) or British Riding Club (BRC) hat tag; this can be done on the day.
- No horse or pony may compete more than once in any class. No horse or pony may compete more than twice in total during the day.
- Body protectors are compulsory and must meet BETA 2009 Level 3 standard. Air jackets if worn must be in combination with an approved body protector.
- Medical armbands are advised if the competitor is not accompanied by a responsible adult.
- The organisers reserve the right to cancel or amalgamate any class if there are insufficient entries.
- Any objections must be made within 15 minutes of completion of the class, accompanied by a deposit of £20.00.
Legal Liability Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event nor The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
Health and Safety - Insurance
Health And Safety
The organiser of this Event has taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organiser and all officials and stewards.
Insurance Non-Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club Insurance and must have their own third party cover. The Belvoir Hunt Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non- Members and their insurance will not cover you.
Belvoir Hunt Pony Club Autumn Hunter Trail is being organised by Belvoir Hunt Pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings