Belvoir Hunt ARENA EVENTING AREA 6 QUALIFIER – for the Pony Club Spring Championships – POSTPONED TO 21ST FEBRUARY
Belvoir Hunt ARENA EVENTING AREA 6 QUALIFIER – for the Pony Club Spring Championships
Open to Area 6 Pony Club Centre & Branch members only
(reserve date – Sat 14th Feb 2021)
If the planned date of 3rd Jan is impacted by lockdown requirements, entries will be moved to the reserve date of Sat 14th Feb, and withdrawal / refund processes will be communicated.
COVID SECURE: ARRIVE – COMPETE – LEAVE – NO SPECTATORS – all competitors must read and comply with latest instructions from Govt and Pony Club
The following classes are available for the Belvoir Hunt ARENA EVENTING AREA 6 QUALIFIER – for the Pony Club Spring Championships – POSTPONED TO 21ST FEBRUARY
Entries & Entry Fees
Enter online at www.horse-events.co.uk
£30 per entry + £1.45 non-refundable booking fee
Entry fee includes £1 levy to PC Headquarters and paramedics.
Classes – Initial entry limited to one pony / horse per rider please. Additional entries if space allows.
Combination of horse and rider cannot enter more than 2 classes (One horse per class per rider initial entry – additional horse only if space allows) No horse can compete more than once per class.
WITHDRAWALS & REFUNDS
Before close of entries, on 29th Dec 2020, you can cancel your entry within your www.horse-events.co.uk account yourself, and your entry fees will be refunded.
If you are unable to attend after that please notify the Organiser on email@example.com.
If you would like to edit your horse or rider details before the closing date of the event please login to your account and edit your booking under the ‘MY BOOKING’ Tab
If you would like to change the class please email firstname.lastname@example.org and if there is space available we will do this for you.
For ALL changes and horse and rider substitutions after the closing date there is a £5 charge please fill out the following form online at: Horse Events Substitution Form
Entry fee refunded up to close of entries, thereafter only if the place is filled from the waitlist before 12 noon Friday 1st Jan.
For Track and Trace – no changes can be made after times have been published on 1st Jan 2021.
Times & Course Walk
Start Times and Course Walk
Entry lists and times will be posted on www.ponyclubresults.co.uk after 7pm on Friday 1st January.
Classes will be run in drawn / listed order and the course will be available to walk before the start of each class, please be prompt. The warm-up arena will be limited to a safe number and the practice fences will be adjusted by stewards, no parents or coaches in the warmup area. No lunging on site.
Number Bibs: 3 numbers are needed per horse: 2 for number bib and one for vehicle windscreen, they will be available with your horse name and phase times printed on the bottom.
Dress Code & Number Bibs
Cross Country compliant XC kit and Saddlery should be worn. The Pony Club Saddlery and Dress rules apply at all Area Competitions and the Championships. Aqua tagged hats and BETA 2009 or BETA 2018 body protectors must be worn. Air jackets if worn, must be worn in combination with a body protector. All competitors must wear jodhpur / riding boots. Stirrups should be of the correct size to suit the rider’s boots and must have 7mm (¼”) clearance on either side of the boot.
Competitors must bring their own number bib and must print out three numbers, two for their bib and one for the windscreen of their vehicle. Numbers are listed and printed out from www.ponyclubresults.co.uk
Kindly sponsored by Trafford Photography – official photographers www.traffordphotography.co.uk
Prizes will be awarded to 3rd place and rosettes to 10th place in each class.
Special rosette for Best Belvoir PC in each class.
Passports will be checked on the driveway to ensure all horses/ponies are up-to-date with their annual vaccinations. Those not complying will be turned away. Newly vaccinated horses/ponies need to have had two vaccinations and a further week. Please have your pony/horse’s passport with you and be ready to show the immunisations schedule.
Venue and Directions: NG32 2EF
Please use the A1 to access Arena UK. There is direct access from the Gonerby Moor, North Grantham interchange on the A1. Follow signs to Equestrian Centre, approximately half a mile from the A1.
The alternative route through Sedgebrook and Allington off the A52 is not suitable for horseboxes due to narrow roads and a (12ft) height restriction bridge.
QUALIFIERS – 70CM / 80CM/ 90CM/ 100CM
Qualification at Area Competitions will work on a ratio basis as below:
|Number of starters per class||Number to qualify
(plus any tying for these places)
|0 – 20||2|
|21 – 30||3|
|31 – 40||4|
|41 – 50||5|
|And pro rata|
Competitors may qualify a maximum of two horses and / or ponies for any one Championship Class. Riders / horses / ponies and/or any combination of horse and rider can qualify for more than one Championship Class.
PASSING DOWN THE QUALIFICATION
On the day of the Area Qualifier. If a competitor is unable to go to the Championships, then the qualifying places will be passed down the line. Please ensure every competitor confirms to the organiser/steward that they are intending to enter the Championships.
After the Area Qualifier: If a competitor is unable to go to the Championships, they must notify The Pony Club Office at email@example.com as soon as possible so that their qualifying place can be passed down the line. This will only be done up until five days prior to the Championships.
Results will be displayed on www.ponyclubresults.co.uk and qualification / prizes / rosettes sent out after the event.
Results will be provisional until 11:30pm on the night of 3rd Jan, when they will be marked final.
The course will consist of a course of SJ immediately followed by WHP / arena cross country type fences, there will be no more than 20 jumping efforts in total.
|Knocking down obstacle||4 penalties|
|First disobedience of horse||4 penalties|
|Second disobedience of horse in whole course||8 penalties|
|Third disobedience of horse in whole course||Elimination*|
|(Each circle or crossing tracks between fences counts as one disobedience)|
|First fall of rider||Elimination*|
|Fall of Horse||Elimination*|
|Error of course not rectified||Elimination*|
|Failure to start or jump next fence within 60 seconds||Elimination*|
|Starting before the Bell||Elimination*|
|Continuing the course without a hat, or with chinstrap undone||Elimination*|
|*Competitors eliminated in this phase may not proceed to the XC phase|
|Knocking down an obstacle||4 penalties|
|First refusal, run-out or circle of horse at obstacle||20 penalties|
|Second refusal, run-out or circle at same obstacle||40 penalties|
|Third refusal, run-out or circle at same obstacle||Elimination|
|Four refusals around the course||Elimination|
|Fall of horse||Elimination|
|Fall of rider||Elimination|
|Error of Course not rectified||Elimination|
|Horse trapped in obstacle||Elimination|
|Horse resisting rider for 60 consecutive seconds anywhere on the course the course||Elimination|
|Failure to cross the finish line mounted||Elimination|
|Continuing the course without a hat, or with chinstrap undone||Elimination|
|For every commenced second in excess of the optimum time||0.4 penalty|
|Every commenced second in excess of 5 seconds under the optimum time||0.4 penalty|
|Exceeding the time limit||Elimination|
|Time will be taken over the whole course.|
|Time limit is twice the optimum time.|
Guidelines to Compete
Guidelines from The Pony Club – Based on BEF guidelines agreed with the Government for Resumption of Sport – behind closed doors (no spectators) – updated Dec 6th 2020, including tier restrictions.
Competition venues are able to open, and competitors may travel to compete / exercise.
Please only compete if you can comply – this is the only way we can run the competition and we may well be subject to external scrutiny, so please follow all directions and maintain 2m distance. We need to manage the risk to all on site: competitors, supporters, volunteers and our local community.
BEFORE THE EVENT:
- Online entries – no one suffering COVID 19 symptoms, self-isolating or in lockdown area / restrictions as per gov.uk to attend.
- Rider details and 1 support person per horse only accompanying them must be provided.
- Drawn order – times issued on 1st Jan 2020.
- Please print your own numbers, at clear quality and at 100% scale from poncyclubresults.co.uk , where you will find your times from Friday 1st Jan 2021 7pm
- 3 numbers are needed per horse: 2 for number bib and one for vehicle windscreen, they will be available with your horse name and phase times printed on the bottom.
- Course walk will be available before each class, as indicated on the starting times.
AT EVENT: Minimise time on site please to contain numbers and maintain 2m social distancing
ARRIVE- COMPETE – LEAVE
ARRIVAL – ONLY REGISTERED PEOPLE ALLOWED ON SITE
- Competitor Bib Number and No of people in vehicle will be checked at gate.
- NO SPECTATORS – to manage social distancing – sorry not this time
- Extra People / family members / Coaches / non-riding kids – Please don’t try and bring them – You will be eliminated, vehicle turned around and not allowed on site.
- The only non-competing children on site will be volunteer PC members doing official jobs.
- No separate access for coaches / trainers / owners for this event – we will be happy to welcome you in future when guidelines allow.
- Please could the rider and their support person arrive in the same vehicle, and the support person should ideally be capable of driving the vehicle home and assisting the medical team with the rider and horse in the event of an accident.
- Cars will be parking separately to lorries. NO CARS IN LORRY PARK PLEASE
- Please park where directed, leaving 5 – 10m between lorries, and please no large lorry ramp parties, maintain social distancing.
PLEASE PLAY YOUR PART – STAY APART
- Please stick to your times – if you are not there, you may well not be able to compete.
- Please follow one-way systems to and from each phase.
- Numbers are limited in each warm-up area – Stewards will help and direct you.
- No riding in areas other than warm-up / competition areas, no lungeing on site.
- Rider & Horse only in all warm-up areas – no helpers / parents on foot please – you may watch your competitor from the adjacent area, keeping 2m apart from other people
- To minimise contact points – our stewards will adjust SJ for all competitors.
- Following BE and PC Area / Championship rules: a single rider fall in any competition phase ( SJ or XC) will result in elimination to minimise contact with volunteers.
A rider fall in warm up areas, means rider must be checked by paramedics to continue.
SCORES – will be online via www.ponyclubresults.co.uk as soon as they are available. Please do not wait once you have competed. Please do not hang around to watch all your friends this time.
With no prize giving, please leave and check your final positions remotely. Results will be provisional until marked final at 11pm that night.
Please be thoughtful, kind, and respect the effort that has gone in to run this event in very challenging circumstances in any social media comments and be mindful that any photos you take could be misleading in terms of the spacing of people.
A few FAQs:
If I have a query on site ?
There is no secretary marquee – but there will be a manned information point with key information – you can
What about horse passports and flu vaccinations ?
There will be passport checks on the drive, you must bring them with you & horses must be within 12 months of a flu vaccination.
How will we know the scores?
There will be no score boards, but live scoring online will be available via www.ponyclubresults.co.uk
If I have a scoring query or need information or other help ?
You will be able to ask this via email firstname.lastname@example.org text, mobile phone or in person via the information point.
What about prizes?
There will be no prize givings, so please leave as soon as you have competed – please don’t stay around to spectate. We will contact those placed and forward prizes and rosettes after the event
What about PPE / Masks ?
No riders should wear masks when mounted as this may scare horses if they flap. On foot, people can choose to wear masks if they wish, should wear masks for takeaway food and in close proximity like using portaloo and we will ensure volunteers have access to PPE if they need it.
We will provide some toilets with hand sanitisation at key points on site. Please use your own facilities in your lorry if you have them and please use hand sanitiser before and after using toilets / buying food etc
On site ?
We will have an official photographer – www.traffordphotography.co.uk – who will display and sell photos from the event online only. We will also have take-away food on site.
Please comply with all relevant guidelines for purchasing food, PPE and sanitisation.
I have a small child / baby / non rider that I can’t leave at home ?
We’re really sorry but we can’t accommodate any additional people with competitors on site on this occasion – just the one named adult supporter. Some of our volunteers may have members of their household bubble, most or own Pony Club members, who are helping them, as agreed.
We will update any changing guidelines – please check & read them with the times.
Arena UK offers unrivaled equestrian facilities boasting the UK’s largest outdoor all-weather surface arena, coupled with a magnificent indoor arena, warm-up area, covered collecting ring, ring-side restaurant and dedicated hospitality areas.
Terms and Conditions
- To be run under Pony Club COVID Guidelines and Spring Champs Rules (see PC website pcuk.org). Combinations are expected to compete at their normal Pony Club level of eligibility, not below.
- COVID Restrictions: If the event is impacted by a Covid rule change, entries will be transferred to a reserve date, with refunds available if competitors cannot attend.
- Open to current Area 6 Pony Club Branch and Centre members only. All Horses must be aged 5 or older.
- Combination of horse and rider cannot enter more than 2 classes (One horse per class per rider initial entry – additional horse only if space allows) No horse can compete more than once per class.
- The class winners will be decided by fewest penalties, then if equality of penalties, closest to optimum time.
- Classes will be run in drawn order and the course will be available to walk before the start of each class. Approx. Class times will be available on the website prior to the competition. Any competitor who misses their turn may be disqualified at the judges’ discretion.
- All competitors must wear a protective helmet, manufactured to one of the minimum standards listed in the Pony Club Hat Rule 2020 at all times when mounted with the chin straps fastened. All hats must be tagged with an Aqua Pony Club, Riding Club or BE hat tag. This can be done on the day at the event secretary, please allow enough time for this.
- The decision of the judge is final.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify anyone for misuse of whip or spurs, dangerous riding or any horse in poor or lame condition.
- Stopwatches, communication with competitor, electronic devices are not allowed in any class.
- Horses/Ponies must not be left unattended, especially never left unsupervised tied to the outside of lorries. Please pick up droppings in lorry park. Only the competitor may ride the horse on the day at the event.
Save for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the organisers or anyone for whom they are in law responsible, neither the organisers of this event nor The Pony Club nor any agent, employee or representative of these bodies, nor the landlord or his tenant, accepts any liability for any accident, loss, damage, injury or illness to horses, owners, riders, spectators, land, cars, their contents and accessories, or any other personal property whatsoever, whether caused by their negligence breach of contract or in any other way whatsoever. Entries are only accepted on this basis.
Health and Safety
The organiser of this Event has taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of everyone present at this event. For these measures to be effective, everyone must take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring and must obey the instructions of the organiser and all officials and stewards.
Insurance Non-Pony Club competitors are not covered by The Pony Club Insurance and must have their own third-party cover. The Belvoir Hunt Branch of The Pony Club and the organisers of this event are not legally responsible for non-Members and their insurance will not cover you.
Belvoir Hunt ARENA EVENTING AREA 6 QUALIFIER – for the Pony Club Spring Championships – POSTPONED TO 21ST FEBRUARY is being organised by Belvoir Hunt Pony Club and the booking agent is Equine Bookings
Book this horse event below
Please note that this event allows for reserve bookings. A ticket marked 'Wait List' indicates that the class is currently full but we are allowing for Wait List bookings. Booking such a ticket does not guarantee you entry but adds you to the wait list. We will notify you if you make it onto the confirmed list or alternatively will refund your booking.