RELOCATED TO ELMWOOD EQUESTRIAN – BCPS Connemara Eventing League Championships
Due to a recent course and ground inspection at Crown Farm, Ascott U Wychwood, we have had no choice but to change the BCPS Championship venue.
The new venue will now be Elmwood Equestrian which is 11 miles south of Crown Farm. Elmwood Equestrian, Bampton, OX182HJ.
If you have booked stabling more than 20 miles from this new venue location, please let us know as we will try our hardest to relocate you, and if we cannot, you will not pay your start fee on the day.
Additional fences are being hired in and a completely new track will be formed, so those who have run at Elmwood earlier this year, it will be very different!
***BRAND NEW TRACK AND NEW ADDED FENCES FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIPS***
BD Judges, BS SJ Course Designer & BE Standard XC Courses
Home of Ascot U Wychwood BE Horse Trials
Classes @ 80,90,100cm
All riders must have qualified for the championships at one of the qualifying venues from March-September 2018- top 10 placing or double clear and must be a member of the BCPS.
The following classes are available for the RELOCATED TO ELMWOOD EQUESTRIAN – BCPS Connemara Eventing League Championships
Show Jumping and Cross Country 80cm
Show Jumping and Cross Country 90cm
Show Jumping and Cross Country 100cm
The 80cm & 90cm Championships will run on the Saturday
The 100cm Championships will run on the Sunday
Entry and Entry Fee
All entries to be made online at www.horse-events.co.uk
All classes £65 Please note entries include VAT & £1.50 non-refundable booking fee.
There is a £10 start fee payable on the day
Entries Close: Wednesday 26th September or when full
A wait list of 10% for each class will be enforced if necessary
Late entries may be accepted if classes are not full
Late entry fee, an additional £5.00, Late entries will be available online if there is space.
Stabling: Please contact email@example.com for stabling information
Age of Competitor
As of 01 January 2017.
Minimum age to compete is 7 years of age on the day of competition.
Please Note there is no Age restriction within the classes.
If you are able to provide a volunteer for the event this would be greatly appreciated on either of the days of the competition.
Course Walking and Times
Course Walking: Will be open for walking from 2pm on Friday 5th October (Please note on both Saturday and Sunday the Course will be in use but you can still walk the course)
Start Times: Available from Thursday 4th October after 6pm at: www.horse-events.co.uk
Rosettes and Prizes
Prizes in kind – Rosettes will be awarded to 8th place
Body Protectors are compulsory for the Cross Country phase and strongly recommended for Show Jumping.
Number Bibs – Are Not provided Please collect paper inserts from the Secretary’s Tent
Bad Weather on the day: to check the event is still going ahead or visit www.horse-events.co.uk
If substituting either a horse or rider there is a £5 admin charge after the closing date. Changing both horse and rider in the same entry qualifies as a whole new entry and must be paid in full and the withdrawn entry refunded as per terms and conditions. (Substitution fees will be payable on the day)
Please read this carefully
- Withdrawals for whatever reason before the closing date (26th September) will receive a full refund minus the £10 admin fee.
Withdrawals after the closing date and before the withdrawal date (1st October 12 noon) for a veterinary or medical reason to the rider, If your place is replaced from our waitlist you will receive a full refund minus the £10 admin fee. If we are unable to fill your space a 50% refund is given.
- Withdrawals made after the withdrawal date (1st October 12 noon) for a veterinary or medical reason to the rider, are non-refundable unless a replacement from our waitlist is found in this situation a full refund will be given minus the £10 admin fee.
- Withdrawals made 24 hours before the event Starting for whatever reason are non-refundable
ALL Withdrawals must be registered with entries secretary in writing or emailed. Please note if withdrawing after the closing date (26th September) In order to obtain your refund we MUST Receive a vet’s or doctor’s certificate Please send via email no later than the 11th September to obtain your refund
Elmwood Equestrian has over 100 fences from 40cm to 110cm. They specialise in having a huge variety of obstacles, ditches, trakhners, skinnys, a water complex and banks of all sizes, so all abilities are catered for.
A good set of show jumps on grass in a very well maintained grass arena is also available to hire. All their events are organised by Horse-Events from Mini and Open One Day Events through to Combined Training, Hunter Trials and discount cross country days.
Available for separate hire.
Terms and Conditions
- The horse trials will be run under British Eventing Competition rules unless stated
in this schedule.
- It is compulsory that all riders wear hats/helmets up to British Standard Riding
Hats conforming to All PAS 015, VG1 – provided they are BSI
Kitemarked, European – VG1 – provided they are BSI Kitemarked American –All
SEI ASTM F1163 04a onwards and SNELL E2001 Australian & New Zealand –
AS/NZS 3838 2003 onwards. All Hats must carry a Horse-Events Tag or 2016 British
- Riding is a risk sport and it is compulsory that all riders wear body protectors to
the latest BETA standard. Air Jackets may be worn but must be worn over a
- It is compulsory that every person entering upon the Horse-Events venue who is
under the age of 18 years of age is accompanied by a responsible adult.
- It is compulsory that all dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
- It is compulsory that horseboxes are not to be mucked out on site.
- The Management of the venue & Horse-Events reserves the right to remove
anyone from the course at any time without giving a reason.
- You note and accept there will be a paramedic, technician, doctor and 4×4
ambulance vehicle on site.
- A vet will be present at the event and a farrier will either be present or on call.
- The Event may be cancelled without notice due to adverse weather. In the
event of adverse weather it is recommended that you check the website
www.horse-events.co.uk or call 07962 251 696 before departing.
- All horses/ponies must be 4 years and over.
- If the event is cancelled, entry fees will be returned on receipt of a S.A.E. A £10
admin fee is retained.
- You accept our withdrawal policy stated on the printed schedule and online.
- Any queries or complaints must be in writing and handed to the Organiser within
30 minutes of the incident together with a fee of £20, which will be refunded if
the objection is upheld.
- Outside assistance is forbidden and will result in Elimination.
Personal Injury and Equipment Insurance Notice
The course’s owner or Horse Events Ltd does not insure the rider, your horse or your
tack and equipment. You are strongly advised to have in place your own adequate
personal accident insurance at all times.
The Venue, Horse Events Ltd or anyone involved in the organisation of the event will
not be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to any person or their property
however this may be caused.
Health and Safety
The organisers of this event have taken reasonable precautions to ensure the health
and safety of everyone present. For these measures to be effective everyone must
take all reasonable precautions to avoid and prevent accidents occurring, and must
obey the rules and instructions of the organisers and stewards/officials.
RELOCATED TO ELMWOOD EQUESTRIAN – BCPS Connemara Eventing League Championships is being organised by Horse-Events and the booking agent is Equine Bookings