Code of Conduct
Parents, Guardians and Team Managers
- Promote high levels of loyalty to create strength of character, self-discipline and sportsmanship amongst riders and competitors.
- Be knowledgeable regarding rules to promote good behaviour.
- Be a positive role model for children by respecting the volunteers and organisers.
- Promote fairness over competitiveness ahead of any desire to win, promoting the wellbeing of the child.
- Agree to discuss disputes or objections with officials in a respectful manor.
- Help children to recognise good performance by encouraging them to learn the rules and discourage bad behaviour and arguing with officials.
- Behave in an appropriate manor on social media as you would with someone face to face.
Volunteers and Officials
- Be a positive role model to help always build competitors confidence and encourage the correct behaviour.
- Should always be approachable.
- All competitors must be treated fairly and should never be humiliated.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Children and competitors should be encouraged to take responsibility for their own behaviour.
- Expected to listen and respect the views and opinions of competitors.
- Respect all those involved in the running of an event; ponies, horses, volunteer, officials and other competitors.
- Abide by the set rules and respect decisions.
- Always show support and encouragement.
- Use foul language or discriminate of any kind.
- Force those to ride who do not wish to do so.
- Disrespect the decisions of judges or officials.
- Encourage un sportsman like behaviour.
NB: You are an ambassador of your school, sport and family please take responsibility for your actions.